Become a Patron!

Does anyone else have an efest slim 4k charger?

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I bought from 18650 battery store, it's a 4 bay charger. I figured it be a good one because I have another 2bay efest charger and never had a problem out of it. After two weeks it began messing up. If you couldn't use the furthest to the right slot , because it would make one of the other slots say the battery was still charging even when it was done charging, and the one in the furthest right spot would say it was fully charged no matter what, so i just stopped using that slot. Then I left my batteries one night, when I woke up the next morning I was hearing this weird like whining screeching sound, I finally realized it was the charger. So I wrote the battery store, they sent me new one, and it worked perfectly for about 2 months, and then started doing the same exact thing. I wrote the battery store again. They weren't willing to send me another one. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience, because It has to be a defect in them right. I couldn't be so unlucky as to receive two shitt chargers?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started out using one like this. Within the past two months, I switched to using a similar one. Both are actually the Nitecore brand chargers, both bought from IMRBatteies along with my battery purchases. Not had problem one with chargers, or batteries bought from them.

Any issue with batteries has been user error. I tried cycling end of life batteries unknowingly. I don't track how many charges I put on them. Well, when the batteries were being used in a mod, they let me know by getting hot, nearly venting.

Luckily, I halted the runaways by breaking contact, staying calm and getting batteries outdoor clear to set for a week or more before checking on them. This isn't something I recommend for those faint of heart, or lacking experience, or even experienced.

Not fun to think a battery could have exploded in your hands while you dashed outside away from others. One reason I trust IMR, Nitecore. They work. They don't overstate what's "on the tin". You get good product at reasonable cost, imho.

Okay, off my :soapbox:. Oh, yeah. I forgot the rule of thumb. If a battery or battery product has images of flames, dragons on them ... DO NOT get them. If they are Efest, Don't Get them either. Early on I learned that, hm, 2014 / 2012 or so. These batteries / battery product just seem to be, well, not good quality. Maybe things have changed since, but if it's a risk I can mitigated, mitigated it stays.

That kind of runs akin to what we clean with in our school. We use bleach and Lysol. Both work, both have been around nearly forever because they work. We're not switching to these fancy new disinfectants, oxidizers, and who knows what. My head custodian has a city block of bleach stocked. Last night, "I'm getting low on bleach. I'll order another pallet," he said.

"If it's broke, don't fix it. If it's not broke, fix it." -- ALF

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought from 18650 battery store, it's a 4 bay charger. I figured it be a good one because I have another 2bay efest charger and never had a problem out of it. After two weeks it began messing up. If you couldn't use the furthest to the right slot , because it would make one of the other slots say the battery was still charging even when it was done charging, and the one in the furthest right spot would say it was fully charged no matter what, so i just stopped using that slot. Then I left my batteries one night, when I woke up the next morning I was hearing this weird like whining screeching sound, I finally realized it was the charger. So I wrote the battery store, they sent me new one, and it worked perfectly for about 2 months, and then started doing the same exact thing. I wrote the battery store again. They weren't willing to send me another one. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience, because It has to be a defect in them right. I couldn't be so unlucky as to receive two shitt chargers?
Is it getting the correct power source?

I've been using Xtar X2 Extended, and Vapcell S4 Plus > the updated one, maybe called updated, V2, or extended.
They've been great.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Is it getting the correct power source?

I've been using Xtar X2 Extended, and Vapcell S4 Plus > the updated one, maybe called updated, V2, or extended.
They've been great.
I don't what type power source it's supposed to use, it came with a USBC instead of a wall plug, I was using a charging block for a cell phone, but the I got one of those things you plug into your outlet, that has a USB port and another out in it

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I started out using one like this. Within the past two months, I switched to using a similar one. Both are actually the Nitecore brand chargers, both bought from IMRBatteies along with my battery purchases. Not had problem one with chargers, or batteries bought from them.

Any issue with batteries has been user error. I tried cycling end of life batteries unknowingly. I don't track how many charges I put on them. Well, when the batteries were being used in a mod, they let me know by getting hot, nearly venting.

Luckily, I halted the runaways by breaking contact, staying calm and getting batteries outdoor clear to set for a week or more before checking on them. This isn't something I recommend for those faint of heart, or lacking experience, or even experienced.

Not fun to think a battery could have exploded in your hands while you dashed outside away from others. One reason I trust IMR, Nitecore. They work. They don't overstate what's "on the tin". You get good product at reasonable cost, imho.

Okay, off my :soapbox:. Oh, yeah. I forgot the rule of thumb. If a battery or battery product has images of flames, dragons on them ... DO NOT get them. If they are Efest, Don't Get them either. Early on I learned that, hm, 2014 / 2012 or so. These batteries / battery product just seem to be, well, not good quality. Maybe things have changed since, but if it's a risk I can mitigated, mitigated it stays.

That kind of runs akin to what we clean with in our school. We use bleach and Lysol. Both work, both have been around nearly forever because they work. We're not switching to these fancy new disinfectants, oxidizers, and who knows what. My head custodian has a city block of bleach stocked. Last night, "I'm getting low on bleach. I'll order another pallet," he said.

"If it's broke, don't fix it. If it's not broke, fix it." -- ALF
Efest being poor quality is honestly news to me. I've really had no guidance or help during my vaping journey, I'm honestly shocked that I've made it thus far. I've learned everything I know off the internet. I just assumed efest were good cuz that's what they had at the vape store, like I said the 2 bay charger has served me well for almost two years, the only problem I've had out of it, is that you have to disconnect the power source and the wait for the lights to go out, before you put a new battery or the light never changes and it never starts charging, maybe I should've seen that as a flaw and invested in a different brand when I went to a charger with more bays. Also, my budget played a lot into the choice, cuz the 4bay charger was only like 13 bucks one 18650batterystore, idk I'll just have to get another when budget permits!

Attachments

• 16980162204123457490622769831848.jpg
    16980162204123457490622769831848.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 0

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Efest being poor quality is honestly news to me. I've really had no guidance or help during my vaping journey, I'm honestly shocked that I've made it thus far. I've learned everything I know off the internet. I just assumed efest were good cuz that's what they had at the vape store, like I said the 2 bay charger has served me well for almost two years, the only problem I've had out of it, is that you have to disconnect the power source and the wait for the lights to go out, before you put a new battery or the light never changes and it never starts charging, maybe I should've seen that as a flaw and invested in a different brand when I went to a charger with more bays. Also, my budget played a lot into the choice, cuz the 4bay charger was only like 13 bucks one 18650batterystore, idk I'll just have to get another when budget permits!

Hm. *nods*

*Rethinks, nods and lets that be his final response.*:deadhorse:

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't what type power source it's supposed to use, it came with a USBC instead of a wall plug, I was using a charging block for a cell phone, but the I got one of those things you plug into your outlet, that has a USB port and another out in it
What kind of charging block (aka wall wort) did you use and what voltage does it supply? Charging blocks made to fast charge a cell phone can put out up to 48 volts if it is USB 3.2. What does your Efest spec for input voltage?

VU Sponsors