Become a Patron!

Does anyone elses ISP Suck?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else put up with Bull Shit Internet Service? Dish TV says it's 4 G. Lying Mother Fuckers. AOL dial up was faster. I live in the country so I'm fucked. I hope they get roids & live to be a thousand.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Do any of the cell providers around you have LTE towers? You would be way better off with a mifi hotspot than satellite DSL or "4g".

Not so fake edit for salt in the wound :)
wUiVm2A.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do any of the cell providers around you have LTE towers? You would be way better off with a mifi hotspot than satellite DSL or "4g".

Not so fake edit for sale in the wound :)
wUiVm2A.jpg
I don't know. It's WiFi provided by Clear. Only thing clear to me is they ain't worth shit. Took me damn near two hours to download a 15 minute clip from YouTube on how to build a Box Mod. That's just ridiculous.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have Frontier DSL. I do feel you. Our closest WiFI LTE is 18 miles away, so not a viable option. Comcast comes up to the city limit, exactly 1/2 mile from my house. Actually comcast comes up to all the city limit - all the way around town. But due to a local law implemented by some schmuck of a politician here in town, we can't actually get cable service because at the time the law was passed the city atty's son worked for the local DSL corp, and everyone's been stuck with shitty DSL since.

There are days my 0.15mbs upload beats my download...which is impressive, and disturbing. Worst is we pay $60 for business class internet 12mbps, the best I've actually seen was 1.5mbps download.

kellyrx8

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TimeWarner now 50/5......anxiously awaiting.....

IMG_7008.jpg

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well i Live in Raleigh,NC and the RTP is the next stop for Google Fiber from what they have been telling us. I can not wait for it, I have 50/5 TWC but I have a jtagged surfboard so I reach over 100M down and depending on pool over 25m up. I have ATT coming to do a duel setup on my house using fiber inside the house to get above the TWC for half the price. I hate to give up my Surfboard and go back to 45m/25m but the price is around 180.00 for the TWC bundle... I used to just have the TWC tv service and the surfboard would run from the pool but they went past that by updating their services so I was stuck to using their highest tier and not being throttled....... PLEASE COME TO ME GOOGLE, I NEED YOUR SPEED!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd be thrilled with comcast basic - the lines come up to the town limit - 1/2 mile from my house. Due to nepotism at its finest there's actually a law on the books here in town that says no cable companies except one can have lines in town. Said one cable company doesn't come to our side of town (town being I think 7 miles one side to the other - mostly cornfields), and they only really cover the 8 block downtown cluster. Comcast skips our town due to the idiotic law, and we're stuck paying $60 for business class DSL through frontier - the only difference between business class & residential is if there's a bout of severe weather and we lose lines due to the storms we're on the first to get restored list - as we're the only business on our road, we get priority service for the entire road. Residential was $75 per month and lower speeds (yeah I don't ask - because logic never applies to telecom companies).

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IDK, I enjoy my 15/5 VDSL that I negotiated a yearly contract of $16/mo. for including basic POTS service.

F3YpaWf.png

It's dead-on solid. Probably why I've been with them since they were USWest...lol!

Cable sucks, IMHO.

Last edited:

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We had Verizon DSL when I moved here that we paid $30/month for, then verizon sold their local service to Frontier, who blames verizon for crappy outdated equipment & lines and yet we pay more and they don't update anything, and the monopoly law on the books put in place by the city atty years ago (he's still the city atty), add in that 67 %of the town gets some form of government assistance, most folks here don't have internet as its not a fiscally viable option. The worst part was I lived on a dirt road in NY when I left, paying $35/month for 25/7 through twc, and this area blames Verizon for the reason we don't even have e-911 here, because the lines are "so old"

VU Sponsors