Become a Patron!

Does anyone make a *good* kretek/clove tobacco juice?

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
My whole reason for getting into vaping a few years back was to stop smoking kreteks/cloves, and I bought a clove tobacco juice with my first eGo pen... it was horrendous. Since then I have found just about every flavor under the sun *except* for a good kretek/clove juice. Someone has to make one. I just want clove, tobacco, and slight sweetness in a proper balance for a kretek. It seems so simple and a complete no-brainer, but I can't find a good one. Help!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if it stunk as bad as Cloves did when I was still smoking - I'd have to hunt someone down and hurt them.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
They definitely aren't for everyone, but I love the taste and smell. It is the only thing I can't quit simply because I can't find that exact flavor anywhere else.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My whole reason for getting into vaping a few years back was to stop smoking kreteks/cloves, and I bought a clove tobacco juice with my first eGo pen... it was horrendous. Since then I have found just about every flavor under the sun *except* for a good kretek/clove juice. Someone has to make one. I just want clove, tobacco, and slight sweetness in a proper balance for a kretek. It seems so simple and a complete no-brainer, but I can't find a good one. Help!
Have you searched or asked anyone at ELR?

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Liquid Barn Tobacco Flavoring has Berries and Clove and I have been making it for years now.

Do you know how, or if, it compares to the TFA version? I like that first recipe that Inspects linked to, it's really simple. I gotta do something to get my son off the damn clove little cigars -- he's having no problem staying off cigarettes, but says he misses the clove flavor in the little cigars flavored with it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No sorry I have never used TFA.

Ah ok. Anyone else, know any good recipes for a clove-flavored tobacco? My son likes the Djarum thingies, and I told him I would look around and see what I could come up with, for a recipe. When he was first switching to vaping, I mixed up some FA Desert Ship with a few other things to mimic the taste of Camel cigarettes, and he said it was a good facsimile, but he says the Djarums use long-leaf tobacco, the real deal instead of the floor-sweepings that comprise cigarette tobaccos... so I'm kinda at a loss for that part of the recipe too, the "cigar" type tobacco.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might look into Flue Cured Tobacco or The American Blend Gold from DIY Flavor Shack. I thought that was too much like a real burner for me.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Ah ok. Anyone else, know any good recipes for a clove-flavored tobacco? My son likes the Djarum thingies, and I told him I would look around and see what I could come up with, for a recipe. When he was first switching to vaping, I mixed up some FA Desert Ship with a few other things to mimic the taste of Camel cigarettes, and he said it was a good facsimile, but he says the Djarums use long-leaf tobacco, the real deal instead of the floor-sweepings that comprise cigarette tobaccos... so I'm kinda at a loss for that part of the recipe too, the "cigar" type tobacco.

Andria

I'm 100% in the same boat as your son. A few years back they passed a law where cloves/kreteks were no longer allowed to be sold as cigarettes since they were flavored/sweet and supposedly marketing to children (the real reason was that the big U.S. tobacco brands didn't have patents and couldn't compete). So there was a lag and they responded by making the little cigarillo things to get around the law. I wasn't a fan of the cigarillo size/taste and have to import mine from Canada which is a pain. He is correct though, most tobacco flavorings are not the same. getting the right balance of sweet and clove isn't terribly hard, but getting the tobacco flavor right is. I've never found anything yet.

For any juice manufacturer out there that might see this... here is your gap in the market! Instead of making the 400th custard and competing in a flooded market space, make a clove/kretek and be the only flavor in town. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
know any good recipes

Because I was looking at my list of flavors I forgot about a bunch I had gotten and now I need to create some new ones. Ecstacy from DIY Flavor shack sounds so yummy for the hot weather I have to make it~! Making me work @AndriaD ~! :blah:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Zhurrie, you might look at some of the Inawera tobacco flavors, they've got a good selection of pipe and cigar flavors. I was thinking about maybe using Vanilla for Pipe, or maybe Gold Ducat, and adding some clove flavoring to those. Gold Ducat is a much stronger tobacco flavor, so I'm not sure that would work. I'll have to get more input from my son: is there any other noticeable flavor, maybe vanilla or fruit... I dunno, I never smoked those. To me, the smell of cloves makes me think of dentistry, NOT a good association at all. :D The Vanilla for Pipe is nice, there is a tobacco element in it, but it's soft and sweet, so that might work pretty well; I think clove flavoring is strong enough to superimpose itself over the vanilla, but the vanilla might keep it sweet and soft.

@SteveS45 -- what is that ecstasy flavor? A tobacco? I don't really like those anymore, just lost my taste for tobacco... but other stuff, I'm usually willing to try. :)

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what is that ecstasy flavor? A tobacco?

No it is a fruit but I forgot all about it until I looked at the flavors to see if I had something in a tobacco for you.

Ecstacy
This a delicious combination of tropical fruits and flavors. The combination is mixed perfectly with each ingredient perfectly paring with the other!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No it is a fruit but I forgot all about it until I looked at the flavors to see if I had something in a tobacco for you.

Ecstacy
This a delicious combination of tropical fruits and flavors. The combination is mixed perfectly with each ingredient perfectly paring with the other!!!

Hmm, I dunno if it would suit me; never really cared for the "fruit salad" flavor, and if they're including mango as a tropical fruit in their mix... YUCK. That flavor completely icks me out. And if there's coconut, then I'm not sure I could vape it around my son, who gets completely anaphylactic with the slightest exposure to coconut *anything*, but especially the oil.

I've started playing with blueberry again. I got discouraged with that flavor when I first started mixing, but I have a bit more experience now, and a lot more "supporting" type flavors, so I'm hoping I can come up with something really good. My son's best friend is my guinea pig. :D He's broke, so he's willing to try out pretty much anything I mix. :giggle:

Andria

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
if it stunk as bad as Cloves did when I was still smoking - I'd have to hunt someone down and hurt them.
I have a clove juice and it doesn't stink the room up. Of course, it also isn't great. It is passable and I am still looking for a great one too.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
@AndriaD and anyone else on a similar hunt, I came across Ripe Vapes Clove and it is as good or better than anything I've tried to date! It isn't 100% perfect but it is enjoyable. I'll have to run through a few more ml before I make a definitive statement on it, but so far so good.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD and anyone else on a similar hunt, I came across Ripe Vapes Clove and it is as good or better than anything I've tried to date! It isn't 100% perfect but it is enjoyable. I'll have to run through a few more ml before I make a definitive statement on it, but so far so good.

Where did you find that? I'm not familiar with it -- is it a pre-made ejuice or a flavoring?

Thx! (and also from my son! :D)
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.. not sure that would suit him; he specified that it's the "cigar tobacco plus clove" taste that he's after. And they offer only a 60ml bottle, wayyyyyyyy too much for something you haven't tried and don't know if you'd like. And I really despise paying the markup on pre-made ejuice; my tightwad soul insists that I can do better for about a tenth of the price. ;)

Andria

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Hmm.. not sure that would suit him; he specified that it's the "cigar tobacco plus clove" taste that he's after. And they offer only a 60ml bottle, wayyyyyyyy too much for something you haven't tried and don't know if you'd like. And I really despise paying the markup on pre-made ejuice; my tightwad soul insists that I can do better for about a tenth of the price. ;)

Andria
I totally hear you. Let me spend some more time with it in a few different builds and see what my longer term assessment is. I agree that it should be a simple DIY project, but I haven't had much success yet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I totally hear you. Let me spend some more time with it in a few different builds and see what my longer term assessment is. I agree that it should be a simple DIY project, but I haven't had much success yet.

My son vapes usually about .5 ohm, lots of airflow, but on the low side of wattage, about 18-20w. He *says* he vapes "MTL" but with the wide-open airflow he likes, I find it hard to imagine *how*. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors