Become a Patron!

Does anyone use the puff counter?

I was trying to figure out how many puffs are in a ML of e-liquid and it brought me to a question...

Does anyone actually use the puff counter on their mod?? Also - how many puffs is "a lot?"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's all relative to the power you use when you vape, the type of atomizer, the type of device Et Cetera. No one answer will fit.
^^^^ This! But to answer your question, no I don't pay any attention to the puff counter on my mods that have them.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good question but there appears to be no definite answer.l have just changed my battery so l can tell you how many puffs it reads before the battery needs changing again if you like. I will provide you with ohms, watts etc at that point.

It's all relative to the power you use when you vape, the type of atomizer, the type of device Et Cetera. No one answer will fit.
Yes. I didn't think about that. I know I vape around 40 watts and drip and it shows 200 puffs a day. If I vaped at 70 watts I guess it would be using a lot more juice.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do but I guess I'm quirky that way. When I'm having a good day, its just a few hundred puffs a day. Bad day is wayyy over that. :) As to juice consumption... I have 2 tanks that I mainly use. iSub Apex and Aspire ET-S. Apex uses a buttload of juice due to the .5 ohm coils I use and the Aspire uses a little smidgeon of juice due to 1.6 ohm coils. :) The there's the whole wattage thing...;);)

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You got me thinking, I just checked the puff counter on my evic vtc mini, which is my go to work mod. Equals one helluva lot of work vape! :rolleyes:

I do but I guess I'm quirky that way. When I'm having a good day, its just a few hundred puffs a day. Bad day is wayyy over that. :) As to juice consumption... I have 2 tanks that I mainly use. iSub Apex and Aspire ET-S. Apex uses a buttload of juice due to the .5 ohm coils I use and the Aspire uses a little smidgeon of juice due to 1.6 ohm coils. :) The there's the whole wattage thing...;);)
When I switched to dripping I lost all comprehension of my e-juice consumption, so I started thinking about the puff counter. When I had my Nautalis Mini I simply stuck with the "don't blow through more than about a tank per day" but when I got my Kennedy RDA I seem to be just pouring it on and I have no clue what I'm using. But enjoying every minute

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who gives a shit. It is a commie chinese plot tool to make you feel bad about vaping. OR at leas that is how I see it.
I mean who cares as long as you are not burning the stink weed, clawing out the fake coughers' eyes and going all purple minion on people in the throws of a nic withdrawal fit.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Who gives a shit. It is a commie chinese plot tool to make you feel bad about vaping. OR at leas that is how I see it.
I mean who cares as long as you are not burning the stink weed, clawing out the fake coughers' eyes and going all purple minion on people in the throws of a nic withdrawal fit.
Oh BigNasty it's just a bit of fun! I know you know that!;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My SMY60 Mini has one.

And it just plain pisses me off for some reason.

To the point where I re set it when I swap out the batteries.

I love the time and date feature but not the damn "Poof" counter.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know but they reset at random, the MVP2 had them and it fucked with the non hobbyist vaper in the house.
I see what your saying but right at the start of the thread we acknowledged that it is not definative. Even if they do give you a reading as Zamamam said too many variables to take into account thus the reading is not valid. We know, just seeing what we get. That all.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried setting the MAX PUFF to 350 just to see how it went.
That lasted until about 9:30AM
I changed it to 500 out of curiosity, that got me to noon.
After that, I only looked at the counter at battery changes (nightly) and it was always 999 or maxed out on any mod I tested with.
Evidently I take more puffs per day than I had thought.
I have been considering trying to keep a one year log on it just to see how many I average per day over the course of a year but haven't committed to doing so just yet.
It'd just be one more thing to add to all the other things I keep logs of.
To most people it is useless information but I like to be able to look back over them and see how long a coil lasted me or how I felt about a particular tank/coil/mod setup and compare it to a different combination.
Comes in handy when someone asked about a tank or coil that I haven't used in a few months.
I just refer back to my logs and can provide detailed info.

After that, I only looked at the counter at battery changes (nightly) and it was always 999 or maxed out on any mod I tested with.
I have been considering trying to keep a one year log on it just to see how many I average per day over the course of a year but haven't committed to doing so just yet.
To most people it is useless information but I like to be able to look back over them and see how long a coil lasted me or how I felt about a particular tank/coil/mod setup and compare it to a different combination.
Comes in handy when someone asked about a tank or coil that I haven't used in a few months.
Holy crap! Okay - I don't vape too much. Case closed ;)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nothing wrong with that mate!

Last edited:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My data is now available:
On a fully charged 18650 battery x 1
-0.29ohm
-31.4 watts
-4 mls of ejuice vaped
= 234 puffs
That was almost 24 hours l think. Will time it next time.

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A poop counter would have been more usefull..

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No. I think it's the most useless feature invented for vaporizers

VU Sponsors