Become a Patron!

Does DIY juice vape faster than vendor juice? (cavediver's wife)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Cavediver's wife. Are you a spelunker too? I wonder if because we're spending so much less, are we vaping more? I used to have a couple of jem pre-mades that I vaped very sparingly because of cost. Now that I make it myself, I chain vape the stuff. Other than that, I have no idea.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, unless it is subconscious I don't think it is the cost. Spelunker underwater- :) yes!! But gearing back up for 10th and 11th grade little ones, so no real cave diving here for the next month or so :(

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, unless it is subconscious I don't think it is the cost. Spelunker underwater- :) yes!! But gearing back up for 10th and 11th grade little ones, so no real cave diving here for the next month or so :(
Me too. I teach 11th and 12th. We start Monday =(

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I teach 10th and 11th. The kids are back Thursday. Until then, useless meetings...wasted time...

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I teach 10th and 11th. The kids are back Thursday. Until then, useless meetings...wasted time...
Kids are back Wednesday. Useless meetings and wasted time Monday and Tuesday. Lol

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not to change the subject but what time of the year do you get out of school out that way? You guys start the school year very early!

My thoughts on vaping more. Have you cut down on nicotine levels? I had done that and ended up vaping way more so I brought my level back up and now back to my normal 3-5ml. Sometimes 2mls. If I cut my nicotine just 2-4mgs I am allmost doubling the amount I vape.I just chain vape. where if I keep my levels up around 24 mg I vape more like smoking. sometimes I may chain vape.

If you find yourself chain vaping. Put it down and get up go get a drink of water and do something else for a half hour before picking it back up. just that little break can break the cycle. I think Chain vaping is a good sign your nicotine is not high enough!

Changing flavors a lot can make you think your vaping more but you are acutaully wasting some if your cleaning out your attys etc.

@wllmc Said changing gear can have a big impact. atomizer, wick material, coil, fresh wick vs a broken in wick, new batteries, or keeping them charged, or all of the above. You could have made a change in something about the same time as you started dIY with out realising it. Rebuildables makes a big difference I noticed.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the different reasons we vape make a difference in how much/little we vape and what mg.

Good point Dan. You vape to replace smoking and vape as you smoked. I am sure there are others that do that too. I don't fall into that "group" anymore. I did when I first started vaping except I was vaping a lot then trying to not want a cigarette which worked. Now I vape because I like it and I want to. I like the flavors as well as my old habit of hand to mouth thing. When I started DIY I was amazed at the juice I could make and wanted to vape more which meant I had to lower my nicotine. I did the complete opposite of what you did. LOL Neither is right or wrong, it is what works for each of us that counts.

So to OP I say I vape more because it is good. Better than premade I have tried. I have no idea how many mls I vape in a day because I never bothered to check. I can tell when I vape more than normal because of the nicotine. As mentioned already there are lots of factors as to why it could be.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I say it's because it tastes how I how I want it to. It's a lot cheaper. A never ending supply, it seems. And more money for gear that sucks it up

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good point I never looked at it like that before.

i.e. lowering your nicotine so you could vape more.

kinda like switching from Marlboro to merit ultralights to smoke 3 packs a day.....lol...i am just joking;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So many more options readily available is one. I really like the flavors I've made and MANY of the ones in the recipes section. I have probably 20 5ml bottles sitting nearby. I've definitely cut back on nic, too.

Imagine, though... this could be cigarettes.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started to DIY because I wanted to control my nic level… I am planning on quitting entirely and part of that plan is cutting my nic back to the point of eventually getting to zero nic juice.

I have noticed that when I drop my nic level I do in fact vape more. Which is fine by me because it is a means to an end. So far I am EXTREMELY pleased with the choice to DIY due to the fact I know what I am vaping, the flavor is WAY better, and I have control over how everything is done.

*** Dances the happy dance ***

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mrs cavediver! I love the aerotank :)

I chain vape all day. Was mixing 6mg for myself for a while. For the past few months I've been mixing 3mg for all juice I vape.

Some devices and / or coils use juice faster than others for me.

I started mixing soon after I started vaping then stopped buying pre made juice from stores or online vendors. Can't remember last time I bought premade juice.

Start buying 250ml bottles to mix your ADV in ;-)

vaping one day at a time

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My VG+water mixes seem to 'vape faster' than my VG+PG mixes did. At least that's my excuse for why I vape through a tank so much faster now.

VU Sponsors