Become a Patron!

Does higher PG require more wattage specifically AVAIL

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
So there are a few Avail lines I get despite there horribly overpriced juices they are well made with born on dates and expiration dates which is a plus.

I'm used to 70-80% VG juices in my Smok tank. Avail doesn't list PG/VG on there bottles or site but with equal nic level of 6% using there juices; I get noticeably more throat hit at my usual wattage with the X4 coils 38-42 watts and sometimes some spitback which never happens with other juices at the same wattage. If I bump up wattage from 38-42 to 48-50 the throat hit is reduced and the pull, clouds, flavor are back to normal. So is this a much higher PG juice if anyone knows. Would those comparison/characteristics point to a 50/50 VG/PG type mix.

I can use Space Jam, Naked 100, etc etc with 6 nic and barely get a throat hit and no spitback at 38-42 watts. Avail juices in my tank well I'm rambling now.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually PG gives more of a throat hit, and isn't as suited to high power vaping as higher VG juice.

The majority/nearly all juices designed for MTL use are high in PG, especially ones for low power use. It could be higher in PG though, and you just enjoy using it at a higher wattage than most people.

The spitback could point too it being higher in PG, as it is wicking easier and juice is getting through causing the spitback. I would just stick to using the juice at 48-50W and enjoy it :)

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Guess it's not an issue but being fairly newish to vaping and almost always using a 70+ VG juice I was really curious. Honestly didn't think that a higher wattage would reduce the throat hit though. That's without even getting warmer. It definitely is thinner than what I'm used to. I learned something though. I imagine higher PG coils tend to last longer so I guess everything has its pros and cons. Locally I haven't found to much juice I like as a ADV. I'm still at that level where I buy 30-60 ml of 1-2 juices and vape til it's gone than look for more. Avail is way to expensive for my blood. $11-$12 for 15ml but some of their stuff is amazing

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Guess it's not an issue but being fairly newish to vaping and almost always using a 70+ VG juice I was really curious. Honestly didn't think that a higher wattage would reduce the throat hit though. That's without even getting warmer. It definitely is thinner than what I'm used to. I learned something though. I imagine higher PG coils tend to last longer so I guess everything has its pros and cons. Locally I haven't found to much juice I like as a ADV. I'm still at that level where I buy 30-60 ml of 1-2 juices and vape til it's gone than look for more. Avail is way to expensive for my blood. $11-$12 for 15ml but some of their stuff is amazing

No problem mate.

You are correct, usually increasing wattage does not reduce throat hit, it will usually increase it.

I am not familiar with that juice brand, or many at all, as I DIY all my juice, maybe they have thinned it with Distilled water, or used Aqueous glycerin which uses this too.

A lot of people with PG allergies use these to thin their juices without using PG to do so.

Regarding coils, juices that have a lot of sweeteners in can cake them up a lot, and high wattage vaping always lessens a coils life too. I don't use stock coils though now, all are RTA's, RDA's, or used with RBA's. These last a lot longer than stock coils, a simple rewick and they can go for a long time again.

That does sound expensive for 15ML. I live in the UK, and premium juice last time I checked was around £8-15 for 30ML.

It might be worth looking into DIY, as then you can replicate the flavours you really enjoy, and cut the cost massively.

VU Sponsors