Become a Patron!

Does using extremely low wattages not allow juice to vaporize properly?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found the sweet spot for my device and juice is 20W. However I was wondering if such a low wattage doesn't allow the juice to vaporize completely and if it means I'm inhaling unvaporized juice.

Also something I noticed is if I blow out the first few seconds of vapor, I get a cleaner vaping experience. Flavor and smoothness. However I think due to this, I'm getting a lot of residue at the air vent. For some reason that initial few seconds has a slight harshness, otherwise the rest of the vapor is really smooth.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What ohm coil are you using at 20 watts?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.4Ohm. And at that wattage it takes about 2-3 seconds to start producing vapor.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0.4Ohm. And at that wattage it takes about 2-3 seconds to start producing vapor.
If it's a single coil it should work (possibly anemic vape though). Dual coils you want more power.

Try .6-.7 ohm, 20 watts should handle that without an anemic vape.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the Vaporesso GT2 0.4Ohm coil. I'm checking online but can't find how many coils it has. I'm using the NRG tank. Not sure what other coils are compatible with this tank. From what I saw on Vaporesso website, this 0.4Ohm is the highest of their coils for the NRG tank.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I found the sweet spot for my device and juice is 20W. However I was wondering if such a low wattage doesn't allow the juice to vaporize completely and if it means I'm inhaling unvaporized juice.

Also something I noticed is if I blow out the first few seconds of vapor, I get a cleaner vaping experience. Flavor and smoothness. However I think due to this, I'm getting a lot of residue at the air vent. For some reason that initial few seconds has a slight harshness, otherwise the rest of the vapor is really smooth.
blowing out pre-heats your coils, so they are fully heated when you inhale. Wattage doesn't matter, it is the size of the actual coil that determines how many watts is required to heat to vape temp. The only way you would get juice in your mouth is if you had juice in the chimney or spit back from the coil. Not enough to worry about.
Only vapor comes up the chimney into your mouth, unless the coil is really flooded all the way up into the chimney.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the reason for the harshness is because they are not hot enough even though a bit of vapor already coming out? But it makes my air vents really sticky.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NRG is Smok Baby Beast compatible. Coil options would include Baby Beast, ELeaf Ello, Joyetech Aires, Wotofo Flow, and others I can't recall.

I think highest ohm Baby coil is Q2 0.6 ohm 20-50 watts. The Flow is supposed to be a low wattage tank.

Also, ohms is only one part of the power the coil needs. The Baby X4 coil is 0.15 but works fine at 40w give or take. Not a hot or harsh vape and has good flavor.

Smok Baby coils can be found in any vape shop, and you can usually buy 1 at a time to try them out. The others might have to be found online in packs of 5. Vapecrawler site a good starting point.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

for years we didn't have a regulated device that went above 20 watts.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So the reason for the harshness is because they are not hot enough even though a bit of vapor already coming out? But it makes my air vents really sticky.
At 20w I am guessing you use premade factory coils. If your air vents are getting sticky, juice is getting down inside them from the coil. Either you are over priming the coil or the coil is not sitting flush in the base. A slight misthreadding will let juice leak into the air chamber.

Next question.... What pg/vg % are you using and what nicotine level?. For 20w 12mg nicotine would probably be enough.

Additional... You probably shouldnt have to blow out at 20w with a coil that small. Usually blowing out is to allow larger coils to preheat. I would consider increasing the wattage to 22w if you can. And go from there.

Perhaps you can post your coil set up so we can see what you have? Beats my "best guess"ing.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm using the coil from Vaporesso. Nothing handmade. I assume they're getting sticky because I always vent the first few seconds of vape. Looking inside the air vent, I can see the juice on the legs of the coil. I think that's what it is.

I'm vaping 30PG 70VG and 3MG nicotine.

I'm just doing that because if I inhale immediately after pressing the button, it has a harsh hit in the throat. That's why I keep thinking I did something wrong and it would be worth it to just throw away a coil and see if that's the problem. At 20W I can't imagine it should be this harsh.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah I'm using the coil from Vaporesso. Nothing handmade. I assume they're getting sticky because I always vent the first few seconds of vape. Looking inside the air vent, I can see the juice on the legs of the coil. I think that's what it is.

I'm vaping 30PG 70VG and 3MG nicotine.

I'm just doing that because if I inhale immediately after pressing the button, it has a harsh hit in the throat. That's why I keep thinking I did something wrong and it would be worth it to just throw away a coil and see if that's the problem. At 20W I can't imagine it should be this harsh.
It shouldnt be, unless you are sensitive to PG. Try a 20/80 mix. Also take your atomizer apart and rinse the air flow area in the base with water. Shake and blow through to dry. You can let it set for a bit to totally dry it or use it right away, it won't be a huge difference.
Also.. some flavors are harsher on the throat. Example.. a pecan flavored juice is a bit harsher (dryer) than say a fruit or pastry flavor. Just like some nuts taste "dryer" when you eat them. (compare say pecans, to walnuts to almonds)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
OH Yeah... drink LOTS of water. I keep 2 water glasses in the bathroom so I can grab a drink when I go. Why 2? Because my cat is spoiled and wants everything I have and torments me if he doesn't have his own glass.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny enough I used to use Halo juice which had a higher PG. So it's definitely not the PG that is bothering me. I like throat hits. But trust me...this is just harsh

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
We explained this now in at least 5 different topics made by you, different titles same questions. By now I'm thinking you're either trolling or not reading anything we say.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil too big... too much metal... the amount of metal in a coil determine how fast it heats and the wattage required to reach specific temp... in this case ohm determine only the required volts.

.5ohm from 26 very different power needs than .5ohm staged clapton build...

Steam-engine.org is you friend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We explained this now in at least 5 different topics made by you, different titles same questions. By now I'm thinking you're either trolling or not reading anything we say.
I only made two topics and the first one that talked about wattage was in regards to the flavor because I was having harsh vape hits. This thread was in regards to excess ejuice and leaking from the air vent. I wasn't sure if it was because of me blowing air out of the air vent or if it was because of the low wattage.

Didn't mean to make it seem like I'm messing around

VU Sponsors