Does vaping actually cause brain/heart/lung damage? (Serious Discussion)

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by Sneakysnake, Apr 12, 2018.

1. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:

I would have hated to have been the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw for this study.

The Cromwell, inspects and 5150sick like this.
  2. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I don't know whether to cry or laugh over this. The human race scares me sometimes.

AndriaD and inspects like this.
  3. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Scare you sometimes? There is an infinite amount of awe and ignorance all around us. The human race is held together by bubble gum and a prayer.

Smoky Blue and bobnat like this.
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    All races have Start and Finish lines.

5150sick, Smoky Blue and bobnat like this.
  5. Mike Ma

Mike Ma New Member

Blog Posts:
    i got cough, now ok, but i still feel there is sputum in my throat, i'm not sure if that happen because i vape salt oil.

6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully you are not vaping oil of any kind - that is dangerous

Smoky Blue, The Cromwell and r055co like this.
  7. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I've got crud in my throat from vaping too; not a big deal; people that vape high-VG have a LOT more, and more in their lungs too, because that shit is so thick. You can't expect to be purposely inhaling something that's NOT air, and expect there to be NO consequences of it. It's just not carcinogenic the way that smoke is.

Andria

The Cromwell likes this.
  8. Dementedarego

Dementedarego New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi Sneakysnake

One of the most comprehensive reviews of vaping studies was done by Charlotta Pisinger “ A systematic review of health effects of electronic cigarettes” for the world health Organization. Form her conclusions, I would highlight these:

a) due to the many methodological problems, the many studies with severe conflicts of interest, the inconsistencies and contradictions in results, the relatively few highquality studies, the rapidly changing designs of the product and the lack of longterm follow-up, it seems very premature to perform calculations for how harmful vaping is compared with smoking;

b) to speak of risk of vaping of e-cigarettes as risk of one product makes no sense. The risk depends of the method of vaping, e-liquids, temperatures and factors still unknown;

a) In a simple product-to-product comparison most e-cigarettes are probably less, and some products may even be much less, harmful than conventional cigarettes.

Nuno

Daneszko, JuicyLucy and AndriaD like this.