Does voltage drop matter at sub ohm?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive seen posts on this before, but id like to get some opinions from you guys.

We all know that the lower ohms your coil(s), the more voltage drop you get.

For example I tested : results
#1 the battery, 4.18 3.8
#2 the 510 connection, 4.18 3.8
#3 Rda attatched to the mod (no coils), 4.18 3.8
4 The rda with coils installed (.2ohm) 3.29= 21% drop 2.94= 22% drop

No surprises here. My mod and atty is conducting current perfectly, same coils, same battery (purple efest 35A).

Heres my question. Understanding that Im losing power and battery life the lower I go, is there a happy medium? Im using 24ga, 3/32"id, 6wrap, dual coils at .2 ohm because that what Ive found works best for me.
But is there a happy medium between vapor production, flavor, and ohm level?
Or is this kind of thing so subjective that it cant be answered?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive seen posts on this before, but id like to get some opinions from you guys.

We all know that the lower ohms your coil(s), the more voltage drop you get.

For example I tested : results
#1 the battery, 4.18 3.8
#2 the 510 connection, 4.18 3.8
#3 Rda attatched to the mod (no coils), 4.18 3.8
4 The rda with coils installed (.2ohm) 3.29= 21% drop 2.94= 22% drop

No surprises here. My mod and atty is conducting current perfectly, same coils, same battery (purple efest 35A).

Heres my question. Understanding that Im losing power and battery life the lower I go, is there a happy medium? Im using 24ga, 3/32"id, 6wrap, dual coils at .2 ohm because that what Ive found works best for me.
But is there a happy medium between vapor production, flavor, and ohm level?
Or is this kind of thing so subjective that it cant be answered?
It depends alot on the mod/batt your using ..For instance I have the 26650 copper BFM with the hybrid top cap..my atty touches directly on top of the battery positive contact providing for a very low voltage drop, if any... my builds are around .12 ohms (parallel 26g) the voltage while firing those coils reads 3.7v with the inline voltmeter attached..Fully charged 4.2v batt minus 3.7v means I have somewhere around a 0.5 voltage drop when I take a hit..about par for the hard hitting BFM...3500 mAh 26650 lets me vape all day on a single charge...I hope I understood your question correctly and this reply helped..take care and be safe..

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just love this little Pro Tank 3. Easy to clean, taste great. Small enough to take with you. 10w on a Hanna works great. Voltage drop should not matter unless it's severe.

VU Sponsors