https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine is kind of hard to see, but it says All Lives Matter...except Roger Goodell, Fuck that Guy. I'm a life long Patriots fan. One of the greatest moments in NFL history was when Goodell had to hand the Super Bowl trophy to Brady after he framed him.

Fuck Goodell.
Fuck Goodell is right!
That man needs to eat a bag of dicks

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is from one of my favorite actresses, Monica Bellucci.
I met her at O'hare airport years ago on my way to Dubai.
She and Pat Summitt (the Tennesee coach) sat down next to me at one of the small bars.
I asked if they wanted to join me for something to eat and they agreed.
We talked for an hour and got along great.
Two of the most intelligent people i have ever met.
That a great story. I'm sure she's been in a ton of movies but I remember her from one of the Matrix films.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me holding a REO Grand... While not quite the level of @JuicyLucy, I am a squonkaholic...

I've been gopher_byrd since before the internet existed. I started with the CB handle of Nevada Gopher since I was from Nevada and I was a gopher as an airman in the AF, as in go for this and go for that... One roommate's partying name was Phunny Bird and another roommate was Turkey Bird, I became gopher_byrd with the "y" since I really wasn't a bird... The things you do when consuming mass amounts of alcohol and...

Anyway, that's the gopher from Caddyshack, one of the funniest movies ever. I forget who over in the REO forum in ECF would make avatars with pics holding REO mods. I sent him the gopher pic I had been using and he photoshopped in the REO. That's the avatar I've been using for over 5 years now.

Speaking of funny caused by alcohol. This is Caddyshack related...loosely. Year ago (sometime early 90's) a buddy and I were at a dance club. We never danced but hung out in the DJ booth playing with the lighting controls because we were both lighting techs. Anyway the Kenny Loggins song "I'm alright" from the movie was being played. By buddy and I started doing the little gopher dance. One person saw us and tentatively started doing it like she was dancing wrong. A chain reaction followed of everyone starting to gopher dance and soon the whole dance floor was doing it. Wee were quite literally rolling on the floor laughing. It's fun to fuck with drunk/high people.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forget which comedian it was, might have been Dane Cook? Talking about someone yelled at him in traffic, told them to go eat a bag of dicks. They're like that posed so many questions. How do you eat a bag of dicks, like one at a time? All at once? And how many dicks is a bag full? lol. Might've been Louis CK but pretty sure it was Cook. Idk, my memory isn't the greatest.

My avatar is one I've used on other forums. It's the devil from the bsd linux icon, figure it suits me. I enjoy pc's and online that's pretty much me. Running around with a pointy pitchfork poking people in the ass. lol. Confusingly enough I preferred the older redhat or suse linux, never really used bsd. I never did make much sense, for years I used windows but never paid for it. The 2 os's I did pay for? Redhat and suse.

Paid for redhat because it had additional server software, paid for opensuse because it was fairly cheap and the seller on ebay had put them on cd's. My internet was ridiculously slow and it was like 7 or 9 cd's worth so was worth it to me not to have to download it. For those who may not get the irony, while some linux os software is packaged and sold retail depending on the distro, generally linux is free (as opensuse was). I guess I didn't really pay for the software, just paid for some guy's time to pop it on physical media and ship it. lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I forget which comedian it was, might have been Dane Cook? Talking about someone yelled at him in traffic, told them to go eat a bag of dicks. They're like that posed so many questions. How do you eat a bag of dicks, like one at a time? All at once? And how many dicks is a bag full? lol. Might've been Louis CK but pretty sure it was Cook. Idk, my memory isn't the greatest.

My avatar is one I've used on other forums. It's the devil from the bsd linux icon, figure it suits me. I enjoy pc's and online that's pretty much me. Running around with a pointy pitchfork poking people in the ass. lol. Confusingly enough I preferred the older redhat or suse linux, never really used bsd. I never did make much sense, for years I used windows but never paid for it. The 2 os's I did pay for? Redhat and suse.

Paid for redhat because it had additional server software, paid for opensuse because it was fairly cheap and the seller on ebay had put them on cd's. My internet was ridiculously slow and it was like 7 or 9 cd's worth so was worth it to me not to have to download it. For those who may not get the irony, while some linux os software is packaged and sold retail depending on the distro, generally linux is free (as opensuse was). I guess I didn't really pay for the software, just paid for some guy's time to pop it on physical media and ship it. lol

I always wanted to try Red Hat, back when I liked reading 2600. Pre 9/11. I ended up just getting all Macs and not bothering to learn another OS.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always wanted to try Red Hat, back when I liked reading 2600. Pre 9/11. I ended up just getting all Macs and not bothering to learn another OS.
It was pretty solid actually, back then there weren't a ton of software options but it was a pretty complete suite of software. Setup was a little odd, unlike windows it didn't just do everything automatically and instead of a boot partition with a standard partition you had to have like 5 partitions. So the hdd was a little chopped up, plus I had a smaller drive at the time. Back then one of the newer upgrades to another pc was an 18gb hard drive and thought geez, that's insane. That'll never fill up! (ha.) But it was stable unlike win95 which is what I had been running at the time. More stable than win98se as well. Compatibility with common software was an issue. Took a bit getting used to the new gui's like kde.

Also learned the key difference between windows and linux. Windows every time you tried to do something with potential changes - you sure? did you double check? Ok - but click here if you really wanna do that. Linux? Format the entire drive and lose all your shit? Alrighty, you da boss! It was a very literal os and if logged in as root it didn't back talk you or second guess you one bit. It assumed you knew what you were doing (which turns out isn't always the case). lmao. Like ZIP! Wait, what? Well.. so that happened. (Reinstall)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It was pretty solid actually, back then there weren't a ton of software options but it was a pretty complete suite of software. Setup was a little odd, unlike windows it didn't just do everything automatically and instead of a boot partition with a standard partition you had to have like 5 partitions. So the hdd was a little chopped up, plus I had a smaller drive at the time. Back then one of the newer upgrades to another pc was an 18gb hard drive and thought geez, that's insane. That'll never fill up! (ha.) But it was stable unlike win95 which is what I had been running at the time. More stable than win98se as well. Compatibility with common software was an issue. Took a bit getting used to the new gui's like kde.

Also learned the key difference between windows and linux. Windows every time you tried to do something with potential changes - you sure? did you double check? Ok - but click here if you really wanna do that. Linux? Format the entire drive and lose all your shit? Alrighty, you da boss! It was a very literal os and if logged in as root it didn't back talk you or second guess you one bit. It assumed you knew what you were doing (which turns out isn't always the case). lmao. Like ZIP! Wait, what? Well.. so that happened. (Reinstall)

I hated those second guessing questions! Totally made me doubt myself. Like, well now that you’ve asked me, I’m not sure I want to delete that.
I switched to Mac after Windows 98. I got to the point where I was having to FDISK it pretty often, just to keep it running smoothly! I was taking it down to factory settings and reinstalling constantly, so I just said f#ck it and got an iMac. So glad that I never used XPloitable.

So, Linux is like Mr. Miogi in the Karate Kid! Lol You may lose all your shit, but you’ll thank me in the end, young techie.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Sometimes, not always, but sometimes, you can see your finger headed for the Enter key, like it's in slow motion. The "n..o..o..o" starts in your head, but your finger is still moving. About the time you mind gets to "oh shit" the Enter key has been pressed.

Then it becomes...oh...fuck.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes, not always, but sometimes, you can see your finger headed for the Enter key, like it's in slow motion. The "n..o..o..o" starts in your head, but your finger is still moving. About the time you mind gets to "oh shit" the Enter key has been pressed.

Then it becomes...oh...fuck.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

Like when you see your keys are still inside the car as you are slamming the door shut :facepalm:

VU Sponsors