Doge RDA

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm considering the purchase of a Doge RDA, what are some things to look out for? I'm a bit of a chain vaped so what kind of maintenance am I looking at and how much am I looking at with Juices, coils, cotton/wicks etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depends where you buy it, is it an authentic or clone?
Wire is cheap 6-10 bucks for 100 feet, stick to lightning vapes, or Temco.
Cotton balls and pads are cheap I paid 2 bucks for a giant bag of organic balls and have not had an issue with them.
Juices are going to slay you dripping unless you get into diy.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the Doge, its now my all day rda, once you get used to the air flow, you will not use anything else. Easy to build on, easy to clean up. Buy the authentic model, its around 25-45 bucks, but comes with extra center post, spare o rings and extra delrin insulators. You can go through juice on this bad boy however. I pull around 8-10 ml a day when using it. I use almost exclusively rayon, you can buy a 5 mile long roll for 15 bucks from sallys beauty supply though. A well built coil can last you weeks. Whole rolls of kanthal run about 7 bucks for 100'. That will last you half a year or longer. So RDA, Kanthal and Rayon to last a half a year or more will put you back around, 75 bucks shipped to your door. Juice not included lol, but you can DIY the juice and start spending pennies on the dollar for that too.

Last edited:

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you point me out to some good YouTube instructional a for DIY juices?

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this a good MOD for the Doge?
8814078e3318a592fb9a1b7c7f31fbdd.jpg

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And yes, authentic. My local vape shop has the legit ones starting at $19.95

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally, I find it hard to believe AUTHENTICS are 25-40 bucks. Clones are selling for that on Ebay and Amazon.

A mutation authentic runs what? 35 bucks or so? and the clones are about half to 20 bucks.

Who would buy a Doge clone for the same price as authentic?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah you can buy the authentic Doge for around 25 bucks from some places if you don't get the competition cap, especially now that V2 is coming out. Yes, btw that is a good mod for the Doge, would look good together.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I find it hard to believe AUTHENTICS are 25-40 bucks. Clones are selling for that on Ebay and Amazon.

A mutation authentic runs what? 35 bucks or so? and the clones are about half to 20 bucks.

Who would buy a Doge clone for the same price as authentic?

Saw the actual RDA in the black box with the bronze colored contact

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Doge V1. Not the roomiest in the world....but superb nonetheless.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I probably use my Doge V1 and Tobh V2 more than any of the others I own.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got an authentic doge and am not a fan..no drip tip fits into the top cap..the hole is to freakin small, so have to use the chuff-style top cap.. had to sand the screws down because they cut your wires when tightened...eventually it ended up in the draw of doom with all the other crap.. rockin the tug ver2- love it!!

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I've been using my doge, I like it personally. I find that I mostly use it at home when I'm winding down and getting ready to sleep. I'm mostly using my Atlantis and I absolutely love it. Using a flavor called Dragon's Blood from a local shop out here called Vapin' The 619, it's dragon fruit with a hint of strawberry and I love it!! With the DOGE I've been using a double parallel coil build with a roller coaster cotton setup with a French vanilla flavor from another local shop called United Vapes, I dig that too.

I really appreciate how helpful all of you guys really have been. It makes me feel less intimidated,. Initially the vape scene had looked intimidating, but I keep running into very friendly and helpful people making the experience result in one of the most fun hobbies I've ever taken up!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been watching review after review on it, it may be my next buy as well!!

I know a guy who has a mutation V2. He got one of these and it took its place. They're slick.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes guys, that Doge X from VaporDNA is really nice. I've been using it for a solid week since it arrived. It only came with the chuff-style cap but I've gotten quite use to it already.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how I feel about the Doge X... It looks like somebody took a blank Tobh, drilled more holes in it with a different bit size, laser etched the doge logo, and put a Mutation X v2 chuff on it. The craftsmanship of their display pic is shoddy at best, they could have done better with a drill press. However, other than the Comp. Doge and Comp. Doge v2, the Mutation X v2 is the only other RDA I've ever bought that didn't need air holes drilled further.

TL;DR: the idea is good, but their implementation lacks luster, just judging from the pics.

By the way, I picked up a Comp. Doge v2 at a B&M with serial number 0043. I highly recommend the Doge v2, it's gotta be my cloud comp RDA of choice :D

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure how I feel about the Doge X... It looks like somebody took a blank Tobh, drilled more holes in it with a different bit size, laser etched the doge logo, and put a Mutation X v2 chuff on it. The craftsmanship of their display pic is shoddy at best, they could have done better with a drill press. However, other than the Comp. Doge and Comp. Doge v2, the Mutation X v2 is the only other RDA I've ever bought that didn't need air holes drilled further.

TL;DR: the idea is good, but their implementation lacks luster, just judging from the pics.

By the way, I picked up a Comp. Doge v2 at a B&M with serial number 0043. I highly recommend the Doge v2, it's gotta be my cloud comp RDA of choice :D

The only real difference I know of vs the top cap for the mutation v2 is that the doge x has different size airholes from top to bottom and the deck is different from the doge on the mutation. Still, the price is right. I know a guy who has the mutation v1, v2 and the doge x. He swears and from what I observed that it out performs the mutation.

VU Sponsors