Become a Patron!

DONT BUY KILOS NEW BLACK SERIES

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my girl friend surprises me with this stuff called kilos black series birthday cake, comes in a pretty little box with stickers a unicorn bottle and a battery sleeve and some little rag. Anyways I just got done watching a review of this exact eliquid by vape heathen, so I rush to try this stuff super excited expecting it be great. Well I'm sorry to say guys DONT WASTE your money its absolutely nasty, all I smell upon opening the bottle is some tfa strawberry ripe. Upon tasting it the same with this nasty bitter taste all through the exhale. But really there's not much flavor to even speak of! Taste nothing like a cake I am so disappointed. I love everything birthday cake that's why my girl chose this for me but it was honestly just a waste on 27 bucks. But then again I did get a cool little box and a unicorn bottle! Ha ha

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch... I hope it gets better with time.
I am enjoying Pinky Drink from Black Axis Vapor; it's very cheap and it does the trick. No hype, no mark-up, just sweetness. Good luck with the Kilo juice. They should have better quality control by now.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah PINKY DINK is one of my favorite strawberry creamy vapes ever- especially for the price'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ouch... I hope it gets better with time.
I am enjoying Pinky Drink from Black Axis Vapor; it's very cheap and it does the trick. No hype, no mark-up, just sweetness. Good luck with the Kilo juice. They should have better quality control by now.
Sounds good I will have to check it out thanks!

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
I vaped the entire 60ml bottle of birthday cake in 3 days. I found the flavor to be subtle even with my limitless RDA, and it definitely has fw yellow cake in it also. (One of my favorite flavorings) Overall, I'd say it's a solid juice for the price, without any added sweetener, which is always nice. They did a good job trying to replicate the sprinkles in fun-fetti cake. Everybody has different taste buds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vaped the entire 60ml bottle of birthday cake in 3 days. I found the flavor to be subtle even with my limitless RDA, and it definitely has fw yellow cake in it also. (One of my favorite flavorings) Overall, I'd say it's a solid juice for the price, without any added sweetener, which is always nice. They did a good job trying to replicate the sprinkles in fun-fetti cake. Everybody has different taste buds.

Everyones always saying taste is subjective but I don't really think that's true. Some people might be able to pick out certain notes others cant, or like something another person didn't. But if we both go to a bakery and order a butter cake u might like it i might not but I'm pretty sure we would both agree we are eating a butter cake. Not the case with shitty ejuice I think people just make them self's think they taste what the box or bottle describes. As far as no added sweatner, if your right and fw yellow cakes in there they didn't need to ad sweatner that shit is packed with sweatners, but to me the juice didn't taste very sweet.

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
It's not very sweet, that's my point, it's great without any added sucralose*, which most "premium juice" contains. I work in a vape shop on the weekends and I try lots new juices that come to market on a weekly basis, this one impressed me. Plus, I DIY, so I've made lots of different cake juices myself. It tastes great to me, proving that taste is 100% completely subjective. Tastes like vanilla cake with sprinkles. Also, kilo is one of the greatest juice company's ever, fruit whip is amazing. I am however, not a fan of the other 3 flavors in the kilo black line. All apple pie juice is harsh to me, cinnamon feels bad man, milk n cookies has rough texture to me too. It's too chocolatey for me, but my boy vaped the whole sample bottle of milk n cookies and loved it.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got this stuff the other day and while mine didn't taste "nasty" it didn't taste anything like birthday cake. In fact, it doesn't taste like much of anything. I saw the heathin review this morning and it just solidified my belief that the guy will give anything free a great review. That dip shit actually claimed he could taste the rainbow sprinkles. What a load of horse shit; rainbow sprinkles do not have an identifiable flavor. I do like the unicorn bottle and battery sleeve but swag doesn't make bad juice better.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got this stuff the other day and while mine didn't taste "nasty" it didn't taste anything like birthday cake. In fact, it doesn't taste like much of anything. I saw the heathin review this morning and it just solidified my belief that the guy will give anything free a great review. That dip shit actually claimed he could taste the rainbow sprinkles. What a load of horse shit; rainbow sprinkles do not have an identifiable flavor. I do like the unicorn bottle and battery sleeve but swag doesn't make bad juice better.
Lol you are so right bro he was the reviewer I watched more then any other untill I started picking up things he reviews and see he just blatantly lies to make shit seem so great when its the opposite I totally agree with your post.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only review I ever trusted 100% was Busardo's Crab Juice review. It's a lot easier to be honest when you a) paid for it and b) feel like you got a great deal or you got ripped off. This is why forums are much more reliable than single person, get stuff for free, reviews. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of reviews I've seen that have recommended against buying something with an honest list of cons.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol you are so right bro he was the reviewer I watched more then any other untill I started picking up things he reviews and see he just blatantly lies to make shit seem so great when its the opposite I totally agree with your post.
I got the BFDFT and cringed when I heard the threads as I was unscrewing the tank. Then I watched Heathen's review and heard him talk about how amazing the machining was, but when he unscrewed the tank section you can hear the threads squealing just like on mine. That aside, it's a great tank but the machining isn't all that great. The engravings are nice, but the threads are pretty bad. I also appreciate your previous take on flavor. I agree that taste is subjective but flavor is not. A juice should have the advertised flavor, how that tastes to the vaper should be the only subjective part.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only reviewers I watch is Ruby Roo (she so quirky! <3 ), IndoorSmoker (He's absolutely Nuts!), And TiaVapes (She's Nice). They have reviewed everything I'm interested in with accuracy. Ruby always gives a good list of cons that I'm grateful for. :)

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only reviewers I watch is Ruby Roo (she so quirky! <3 ), IndoorSmoker (He's absolutely Nuts!), And TiaVapes (She's Nice). They have reviewed everything I'm interested in with accuracy. Ruby always gives a good list of cons that I'm grateful for. :)
Ya but indoorsmoker I feel like isn't very educated on anything he reviews and does not know what he is talking about most of the time when it comes to mods and what not

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the BFDFT and cringed when I heard the threads as I was unscrewing the tank. Then I watched Heathen's review and heard him talk about how amazing the machining was, but when he unscrewed the tank section you can hear the threads squealing just like on mine. That aside, it's a great tank but the machining isn't all that great. The engravings are nice, but the threads are pretty bad. I also appreciate your previous take on flavor. I agree that taste is subjective but flavor is not. A juice should have the advertised flavor, how that tastes to the vaper should be the only subjective part.
I'm glad someone agrees I hate this crap where everyone says taste is subjective because they give a juice rave reviews and say how it taste identical to a frosted cake like sitting at a birthday party just slurping up a nice vanilla cake sprinkles and all. So you go buy the juice al excited to vape this juice thinking your about to taste frosting, cake, and some sprinkles till u take a pull and your hopes and dreams are shattered and just wisp away upon exhale as you taste a nothing that was described just slightly sweet warm air! Lol

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You mean like this guy:

I was, unfortunate enough to have this juice recommended to me at a vape shop. It tastes like motor oil. Literally. Well, maybe something else in there, like oily dirt maybe. Whatever it tastes like, it's nothing like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Like, not even close.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean like this guy:

I was, unfortunate enough to have this juice recommended to me at a vape shop. It tastes like motor oil. Literally. Well, maybe something else in there, like oily dirt maybe. Whatever it tastes like, it's nothing like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Like, not even close.
Lol ya like this guy "keep it cloudy" rofl! I'm personally just done buying juice the last two juices I bought made me feel like I should of just burned my money or wiped my ass with it this kilo juice being the better of the two the other one was yummy purple. It was supposed to taste like purple skittles taste like grape cough syrup kinda idk I'm just going to stick with my DIY everything I make is way better and if its not I'm not wasting alot of money.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol ya like this guy "keep it cloudy" rofl! I'm personally just dine buying juice the last two juices I bought made me feel like I should of just burned my money or wiped my ass with it this kilo juice being the better of the two the other one was yummy purple. It was supposed to taste like purple skittles taste like grape cough syrup kinda idk I'm just going to stick with my DIY everything I make is way better and if its not I'm not wasting alot of money.
Yeah, I have a palate not very conducive to buying juices a lot of people like. I remember back when Mr. E's RY4 was something everyone was raving about. Didn't like it at all. Nobody make a decent Ginger Snap either. They're either too spicy or too much like a supermarket kids' cookie. Flavors like Banana's Foster, Rum Soaked Pastry, Blackberry Iced Tea, and Dominostiene, nobody makes a really authentic one, hence, what I'm currently working on.

There are a few vendors I trust enough to try something new without recommendation. MaddCatt, Scope, and TMaxx. Boutique juices? Yeah, I'll pass. The only ones I really, really like so far are Frankenvape and Clockworks Custard.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rum soaked pastry? Now that sounds good! When u finish a recipe on that make sure to send it my way please!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Everyones always saying taste is subjective but I don't really think that's true. Some people might be able to pick out certain notes others cant, or like something another person didn't. But if we both go to a bakery and order a butter cake u might like it i might not but I'm pretty sure we would both agree we are eating a butter cake. Not the case with shitty ejuice I think people just make them self's think they taste what the box or bottle describes. As far as no added sweatner, if your right and fw yellow cakes in there they didn't need to ad sweatner that shit is packed with sweatners, but to me the juice didn't taste very sweet.

Sux that your special birthday juice was such a disappointment.

I can assure you taste is subjective - not only are everyone's tastebuds at different levels of refinement, but flavor notes are going to be different dependent on your set up also. Different notes in juice will appear at higher temps than others, etc.

I'm what scientists call a super-taster and you would not believe what I taste in a lot of juices that other people love :eek:

The best you can do when trying to decide to buy a certain juice based on other people's opinion is to find someone who shares your tastes, likes and dislikes.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Once I think they're even remotely vapable, I'll post them up in DIY. I already put up the Dominosteine, although I haven't tried it, it smells too good not to. I used a tiny bit of Butter Rum in the pastry, and I think that was a mistake. Will test after a week's steep.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I can assure you taste is subjective - not only are everyone's tastebuds at different levels of refinement, but flavor notes are going to be different dependent on your set up also. Different notes in juice will appear at higher temps than others, etc.

I'm what scientists call a super-taster and you would not believe what I taste in a lot of juices that other people love :eek:

The best you can do when trying to decide to buy a certain juice based on other people's opinion is to find someone who shares your tastes, likes and dislikes.
Which could very well explain why I have not been able to find a real coffee flavored coffee juice that's vapable. Closest is Insane's Cafe Baccio, which is great, but it's more like coffee candy or Kahlua than coffee. Never been tested, but I have a lot of the markers. Can't eat or drink anything with phenylalanine in it, nor gin, kale is absolutely disgusting, cilantro might as well be vomit and the same can be said for soy anything. And tonic water? Absolutely the most vile thing on the face of the planet.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

While agree some peoples tastes buds are more refined and will be able to pick out subtle notes other peoples wont its not to the extreme where we can both bite in a cheese burger and disagree on the fact we are both eating a cheese burger. While you might be able to taste and pick out the flavoring of the seasoning that's in the burger better then me we both know we are eating a burger. I love everything birthday cake, birthday cake milkshakes, ice cream you name it. And I know what it taste like I also have a pretty good pallet for picking out things others can't. This juice was far from the mark. If a juice is in the general ball park I think most would be able to agree on what it taste like, whether they all enjoy it or not is the subjective part.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While agree some peoples tastes buds are more refined and will be able to pick out subtle notes other peoples wont its not to the extreme where we can both bite in a cheese burger and disagree on the fact we are both eating a cheese burger. While you might be able to taste and pick out the flavoring of the seasoning that's in the burger better then me we both know we are eating a burger. I love everything birthday cake, birthday cake milkshakes, ice cream you name it. And I know what it taste like I also have a pretty good pallet for picking out things others can't. This juice was far from the mark. If a juice is in the general ball park I think most would be able to agree on what it taste like, whether they all enjoy it or not is the subjective part.
I have to agree. Since super-tasters are a population minority, the juice maker, tasting something not there for like 95% of the population would have had to have gotten that feedback. Which means that the juicemaker's palate isn't up to par to creating more complex blends, at the very least. And those who gave feedback are probably in the same ballpark as the juicemaker as far as beta testing a flavor.

If you're a super-taster, you're probably SOL, or at best shooting blindly. Because, you'll pick up flavors that were missed by others. BUT, it should still have that undertone (note, supertasters are not better at picking out specific flavors, they just taste more things). Most people, I think, can identify what a birthday cake tastes like, at least close. Same with the Mint Choco Chip. Now, maybe it aged poorly on the shelf at my vape shop, maybe not, but that, as well, is up to the mixer to know and work around.

I have 3 people in my home besides me and they're a stupendous bunch for immediate feedback. My wife has almost no palate except for salt, sour, and fat. If she likes it, I definitely won't. She can sometimes pick out the top note, but most likely not. So, unless it tastes absolutely exactly like what I was going for, she won't have a hope in guessing it. My middle daughter who's still at home can scent out top and bottom notes most of the time, but the fullness of a recipe is lost on her. If she can guess what it is, I definitely did it wrong, because she's definitely missed something. My youngest can immediately pick out most of the scents at a basic level. For instance, the Dominosteine, she said, "Marzipan, Chocolate, Berries, and something spicy", just with a sniff.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya but indoorsmoker I feel like isn't very educated on anything he reviews and does not know what he is talking about most of the time when it comes to mods and what not
Yeah, I know but I do see through his BS... He just kinda cracks me up. I rely more on the other 2 I mentioned. :teehee:

I actually picked up the Honey Creme a week ago and I have to say it tastes identical to Cosmic Fog's Milk & Honey. A tasty juice but definitely not worth the premium pricing they're charging for it.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually picked up the Honey Creme a week ago and I have to say it tastes identical to Cosmic Fog's Milk & Honey. A tasty juice but definitely not worth the premium pricing they're charging for it.
At least you enjoyed it man! That's good. I'd be interested but after my experience I probly won't be purchasing kilo liquid again.

VU Sponsors