Become a Patron!

Dont get much flavor

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I quit smoking last oct via vaping. I was using an ipv d2 with a crown uwell tank. I vaped mostly high to 100% vg juices due to pg was harsh to me at first but was gone after a week or 2, couldnt tell much difference so i kept getting high vg. Never got much flavor. Had to keep it cranked at 60-70w to even taste anything. Lasted till jan, till i grew tired of not getting flavor. And quit everything. Lasted till march with doing nothing then started back smoking. Last week i decided to quit again an picked up an ipv d3, herakles plus tank, a couple of lg batteries and some liquid from mt. Baker. Same thing happened no flavor. Im having to run at 60-70w which kills the batteries within a few hours. What am i doing wrong? I use the .4 ohm coils( i have some of the ni coils coming, so i can try tc). Do i need to start getting 50/50 liquid? Do i need to get a mod that use 2 batteries like the Ipv5? Im not chasing clouds other than the feel they give on a ling draw, im mainly looking to get more taste amd possibly battery life to last most if mot all day. Another quick question, if my battery has 4.2v but if i set my mod to say 65w with a .4 ohm coil i shows higher than 4.2, how is this possible? Or is the display lying?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit smoking last oct via vaping. I was using an ipv d2 with a crown uwell tank. I vaped mostly high to 100% vg juices due to pg was harsh to me at first but was gone after a week or 2, couldnt tell much difference so i kept getting high vg. Never got much flavor. Had to keep it cranked at 60-70w to even taste anything. Lasted till jan, till i grew tired of not getting flavor. And quit everything. Lasted till march with doing nothing then started back smoking. Last week i decided to quit again an picked up an ipv d3, herakles plus tank, a couple of lg batteries and some liquid from mt. Baker. Same thing happened no flavor. Im having to run at 60-70w which kills the batteries within a few hours. What am i doing wrong? I use the .4 ohm coils( i have some of the ni coils coming, so i can try tc). Do i need to start getting 50/50 liquid? Do i need to get a mod that use 2 batteries like the Ipv5? Im not chasing clouds other than the feel they give on a ling draw, im mainly looking to get more taste amd possibly battery life to last most if mot all day. Another quick question, if my battery has 4.2v but if i set my mod to say 65w with a .4 ohm coil i shows higher than 4.2, how is this possible? Or is the display lying?

Flavor
Try
60/40pg 2-3mg

Dual 18650 is always better.

It's a regulated box mod, and it's not lying

There's a CHIP inside the box that regulates the MOD...

VAPE ON

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've smoked for any length of time your taste buds will take awhile to come back! Keep switching flavors, and eventually you'll be pleasantly surprised that you can taste again :)

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
K, been reading, i think the reason 50/50 felt so harsh last year was the 12-18mg of nic that i was getting and using with my sub ohm tanks. So i just ordered some different flavors in 50/50 with 3mg to try from mbv. Hopefully that will give me more taste till my taste buds kick back up. Last go around i started getting decent flavor towards the end but then nothing. I think my batteries may have been the culprit there. Once i get the flavor back up and going im going to pick up an dual 18650 mod to use most of the time and keep the d3 for backup and trips

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Agree with ej, and yes I think it was harsh due to the nic.higher pg means more flavor as it is a flavor carrier by nature. That's why it started being used in eliquids in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've tried the .2 ni200 coils and the new .6 kanthal coils for the herakles plus. Still don't get much flavor out of it. Most desert flavors have just sweet after taste, fruits all taste the same sweet with a semi citrus taste. Tobaccos seem to taste like they are suspose too but I don't like tobacco flavors. Temp control made the vapor slightly more flavorable but couldnt get a good hit. The .6 have a great hit but slightly less of the almost non existent flavor. Is there a better tank I could try? Maybe it's my technique?

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think it's the Herakles Plus, I have one (my first tank purchase) and it delivers great flavor, and that's with 70/30 vg/pg at .6 nic.
Then I went to max VG and still delivers a great flavor.
I also purchased a Cleito Aspire tank which is a great tank for cloud and flavor.
Now I'm learning to mix my own and can add a little extra flavoring if I want.
It might be the brand of mix maybe?

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What ohm coil? I've tried all the popular flavors from vape wild and mbv as well as a few "craft" juices

cicatrize

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If I had to take a guess, your wattage may not be the problem, but it could be, depending on the build. I run 70w on 0.45ohm claptons in my Boreas (and Cuboid) and it's flavor city. I'm cheating a little, as it's my own DIY juice, but I only use ~15% flavoring. I'd try a little PG in that mix, maybe 30/70vg, and close the airflow a bit. I'm not sure how open it is for you right now, but the more airflow you get, the less you'll taste it, and the puffier the clouds.

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I'm running the .6 ohm could at around 40-50w with a 35/65 mix, 3mg of nic. I've been running the airflow wide open I'll give it a go half way

Mike14_07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any recommendations of other places to try juice from, similar to mbv and vape wild?

Also in need of some help please been using a rx200 for the last few weeks with a cyclone tank with a 0.6 coil have been using it at 80w temp 320 and cloud chaser fluid 3mg the flavour has all but gone tried different liquids changed coils cleaned the tank etc but still very little flavour use a friends machine full of flavour is my machine set up wrong or is it the user I'm still very new to vaping so some guidance would really help if anyone can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try turning your temp up. I have a Sigelei Fuchai 200tc with a Herakles origanal .6 ohm Kanthal coils. I am running it at 75 watts on tc control at 450f. I get great flavor and good clouds. My juice is a 30 pg/70 vg.

VU Sponsors