Become a Patron!

Don't know what's wrong

Hello, i'm fairly new to vaping. I currently have a smok qbox and a tfv12 as my setup. I previously had the qbox with a baby beast but it broke. :( I got the new tank and set it up, juiced up the coil and put some in the tank and let it sit for an hour. With my old tank, it would make crackling and popping noises and i could actually feel it doing something. With this new one, i cant hear or feel anything, and when i try to hit it, barely anything comes in my mouth and it burns. Then it starts leaking HEAVILY! Anyone got some advice?

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check the air vents and make sure they aren't closed all the way.

They are open. I feel like it has something to do with the weird O that pops up when i put it in. it says new coil found 0.288 or something like that. I don't know what that is. One of my friends told me that maybe the tank could be too big for the mod? I didn't know that was possible. It's a pretty big tank compared to my mod but i didn't think that could be the problem

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not the size. When it says new coil found, it just means that it's sensing that you changed the coil from the last time. So if you did, you choose yes. If you didn't, choose no.

I chose yes and it still feels like nothing is coming through, the max the mod can go is 50W and in the description of the tank is says minimum is 60-350 and the best is 130-200. Could that be the problem?

Also, what is the logo that looks like an O with legs? the numbers are different from the tank and the mod.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's possible that its not enough wattage for the juice/tank you are using. The descriptions on the tank are suggestions, but you can go either higher or lower. But yeah, it's very possible that it's not enough wattage.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, what is the logo that looks like an O with legs? the numbers are different from the tank and the mod.

I think that's the ohm symbol that you are describing. It's normal for the reading on the mod to vary a little, but it shouldn't vary a lot.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I chose yes and it still feels like nothing is coming through, the max the mod can go is 50W and in the description of the tank is says minimum is 60-350 and the best is 130-200. Could that be the problem?
I can tell you for sure if the coil is recommended between 130 - 200, 50w ain't gonna give you squat. I have TFV and FireLuke coils with similar recommendations and anytime I forget to adjust from my normal "sweet spot" of 82w when using a RBA, then use a tank with one of those higher watt stock coils, the vape is pretty puny. You have to dial it up with those. The tank isn't too big for the mod, the coils are.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can tell you for sure if the coil is recommended between 130 - 200, 50w ain't gonna give you squat. I have TFV and FireLuke coils with similar recommendations and anytime I forget to adjust from my normal "sweet spot" of 82w when using a RBA, then use a tank with one of those higher watt stock coils, the vape is pretty puny. You have to dial it up with those. The tank isn't too big for the mod, the coils are.
Dang I thought he was talking about Tc. They make stock coils that go that high of wattage these days?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang I thought he was talking about Tc. They make stock coils that go that high of wattage these days?

They do! :eek: Holy crap, when I bought my TFV12 there was one installed that had something like 6 or 7 coils inside it, and I was thinking "What do I do with it, vape or make s'more's?" Had never seen anything quite like it...lol! And it's at least 150w or you're wasting your time even turning it on. Yeah, it's a great vape but I do get kinda tired of changing batteries half a dozen times a day. I really prefer a RBA, I'm in control of things that way.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do! :eek: Holy crap, when I bought my TFV12 there was one installed that had something like 6 or 7 coils inside it, and I was thinking "What do I do with it, vape or make s'more's?" Had never seen anything quite like it...lol! And it's at least 150w or you're wasting your time even turning it on. Yeah, it's a great vape but I do get kinda tired of changing batteries half a dozen times a day. I really prefer a RBA, I'm in control of things that way.
I love s'mores. Ha ha. Yeah the battery change would get old quick.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could literally use it as a mini stove eye....:giggle:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That tank is really not suitable for use on that mod. The reason the juice burns your throat is that at 50 Watts, the juice is not vaporizing but getting super hot it's boiling. Not being able to get hot enough to vaporize the juice is also causing the cotton to get oversaturated which is leading to your leaking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors