Become a Patron!

DoN't LeT tHiS sToRy ScArE YoU!!!!

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chance of this happening to you is infinitesimal...

http://wncn.com/2016/03/04/nc-loses-eye-after-e-cigarette-explodes/

Just be sure not to build lower than your battery can handle, and to not be cheap when in comes to buying batteries for your mechanicals.
Better yet, stick with high quality regulated mods!!
Well, what's the fun in that??
An online chart in the page "Don't fear the sub ohm" gives a few examples of lowest builds for certain batteries. For example, I can build as low as 0.25 ohms when using an LG 18650. Really, though, better not to push it that close. Better to stay above 0.3 ohms.
And the choice of charger, well, don't cheap out there, either.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The chance of this happening to you is infinitesimal...

http://wncn.com/2016/03/04/nc-loses-eye-after-e-cigarette-explodes/

Just be sure not to build lower than your battery can handle, and to not be cheap when in comes to buying batteries for your mechanicals.
Better yet, stick with high quality regulated mods!!
Well, what's the fun in that??
An online chart in the page "Don't fear the sub ohm" gives a few examples of lowest builds for certain batteries. For example, I can build as low as 0.25 ohms when using an LG 18650. Really, though, better not to push it that close. Better to stay above 0.3 ohms.
And the choice of charger, well, don't cheap out there, either.
Well, if that's an authentic, I have the same mod. It's a B&C Vape Industries Aiden. It's a super awesome hybrid, no battery adjustments at all, and a smooth switch. However, it's a hybrid, 23mm brass, with the top cap milled in as part of the tube. Aside from the switch it's one piece. It has one flaw, which just requires intelligence, no insulation is present around the 510 threading. It's an atty on first, then battery in mod. Then, battery out before atty off mod. It's ripe for someone who doesn't know enough to short out. And since the tube is solid, that pic looks like the top portion blew off. Being attached and part of the tube, that had to be a bad one.

Don't use hybrids, or mechs at all, unless you've armed yourself with the proper knowledge and hardware and batteries to do so. This guy could've been using the perfect setup, but just had no clue about how to handle a mod such as this.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I really understand why this one was so bad, too. No insulator at the 510 with a tube milled from a solid bar, and an attached top cap. That pic looks like he blew the top off, if so, that took some serious battery failure to blow off part of the actual tube. First thing I notice when I got that mod was the absence of an insulator, and I've taken extra care when using it because of that. I'm gonna guess that it wasn't a single attempt to fire it, rather a handful of attempts that should've told him to stop, but he kept on and battery go boom. Sucks for him.

VU Sponsors