Doomz David

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DX80 "Vampire" Review:

Positives:
-design. Not just a plan box, has a diagonal cutout for button placement. Carbon fiber has 3D hologram effect and is on both walls of the device, not just the battery door. Outer case on mine is red in color, device comes in multiple colors.
-juice wells at 510 connection adequetly stop flooded liquid from dripping down the sides of the device
-Uses the most potential of what batteries you install. I used a .5 ohm atomizer at high voltage with 10amp batteries with no problems or error messages for hours at a time
-acuratly allows you to supply the watts requested to sub ohm builds. The man atomizer used on the device for this review was a "Big Dripper" clone built at .62 ohms and I've found that 37.5 watts is best for me at that is firing the device at 4.7 volts. You can't do that with a mech mod!
-heats up large diameter, many wrap, low wire guage coils quickly. On a mech mod, if you made a .5 ohm build but used 13 wraps of 22 guage wire to do so it would take forever to heat up to the point you would want to vape it. Builds like that fire right up quickly on this device.
-Very durable, has that chunky "you know you have something in your hand" feel. I've taken it out on the road and even unlocked it has never misfired or changed wattage settings on me from being pocketed.

Negatives:
-glass over screen wobbles
-carbon fiber plates are not centered (can see glue around few edges
-screen and +_ buttons are not centered on device
-510 adjustable pin unseats when unscewing (not good for bottom fill tanks, need screwdriver in feild)
-half battery life on display means battery fully depleted (drawback of most devices with battery indicator on screen)
-case door does not come off easy, tool is needed, scratches up inside of door
-button still requires pressure after it "clicks" like a mech mod button does. Normally on a regulated device the atomizer is activated once the button clicks. The manufacture states that they use a specific button type that is made to last many more button presses than other buttons. I'd rather have a button that works well that I would have to replace after a year, then a pain in the butt button I have to crank down to get it to fire that lasts forever!
-got "shorted" message when I tried a dripping atomizer built at .33 ohms. Device literature states DX80 can fire down to .25 ohms but it does not.
-not able to fire device while usb charging cable is installed. No pass through capability.
-screen stays brightly lit while USB charging. (will illuminate dark room, not good to charge while sleeping)
-No AC adapter is supplied for the mini usb charging cable. Charging e-cig equipment off of computer USB or car lighter adapter USB ports is unsafe. Would prefer that be included instead of the 510 to Ego adapter that was sent with kit. Understand that the DX80 is versatile enough to work with a clearo and that is the message being put across but people that buy this device are looking to chuck clouds.

Overall this is a funtioning device that supplies the power it claims. If there were a little more effort put into final touches, and design...And a better button! This would be a great mod.

The DX80 "Vapeyre" can be purchased direct from the manufacture http://www.puffape.com for $79 in multiple colors. I've also seen it at some china "catch all" sites for under $60 but only in silver color

Thank you to platnumcn of puffape.com for supplying me this device, free of charge, for the purposes of this review.

VU Sponsors