Become a Patron!

Dot mod 24mm gold 510/button upgrade

I am looking for input and suggestions for something that I am very passionate about. (if you don't like to read B.S. skip to the numbered part.) I have owned my Dot mod 24mm for quite some time. I have never dropped it in its life, one exception. I went back home for the holidays to see family and friends. I was hanging out with my brother and his buddy. His buddy ended up knocking the mod out of my hand. It hit the coffee table and ripped my tm24 right off the positive cap. The rda is completely unharmed, but the threads on the 510 cap for the dotmod are completely ripped out. This was my first mech mod, and it is what inspired me to start building my own coils, and not just parallel kanthal. I have treated it with the respect that it deserves in hopes that it would last at least a couple years. I searched dotmods site and have been looking at getting the upgraded gold button/510 for a long time, but every time i check it says that it is out of stock. I hesitated to buy the button/510 from another supplier for the simple fact that I don't know if the upgraded button is 24mm or 22mm. I don't want to have a weird size difference. I contacted their support and asked about a replacement cap just to get it working again. They responded saying that it would be $30 +shipping and handling. for me that was ridiculous when I could spend an extra $20 and have an all gold plated button and 510. I also asked them when the gold upgrade would be back in stock and they said early this year. My questions that can be pulled from all of this mess is this...
1. Do any of you know about the diameter of the upgraded button?
2. Do any of you have one that you would be willing to part with?2

My plan is as follows. I love, love, love my gold band twisted messes 24mm but I kind of want to get into squonking. The only thing stopping me so far is the size of squonkers. I recently went onto my instagram and saw the most amazing thing. The cathulu squonk adapter. It turns your mech into a tube squonker. I bought a black one to match my dot mod. But I needed a squonking rda. I decided to follow the crowd and get a dead rabbit. I bought the gold one. My plan is to have the color scheme of the mod be Gold, black, gold, black, gold, black. I think that it will look amazing and be a great conversation starter for my local B&M shop. Thoughts?

VU Sponsors