Not open for further replies.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Effective immediately, I am no longer accepting any more requests to join in the group buy.

So, the newer version of the Dotbox should be out shortly - that is, if the new FDA regulations don't deter the fine folks at Dotmod from releasing it. Anyway, due to a suggestion from another member here on VU I'll go ahead and start a group buy for it in the hopes that it will still be released.

Here's what I know so far for specs:
  • Available in multiple colors
  • 1300mah 3 cell lipo battery
  • Proprietary Dotmod chip (not sure what it does yet)
  • DNA200 board
  • Absolutely no idea what the price will be
If they're doing the same thing with the new Dotboxes that they're doing with the rest of their products, the initial color selections will most likely be black, red, gold, lime green, purple and royal blue.

Also, I can always add other Dotmod products to the group buy, so if you're interested in other Dotmod products as well, I can add them here.

DOTBOX V2 - $???
Color 1:
VapingBeauty
Hottvapz
Chongo666
Mythical_OD
hcdroid
Brewbear ($200 deposit paid)
Davect06607
Soprono
pseudovape
inspects
mkmnrm76

RED
(Tentative)

Zamazam

GOLD: (Tentative)
CHIEFTANG

BLACK:
duroSIG556R
hookahhabib

Dotmod Petri Lite Mech - $95

BLACK
hookahhabib (PAID) (SHIPPED)

RED

GOLD

ROYAL BLUE

CLOUDCAPS - $30
BLACK

Mythical_OD (PAID) (SHIPPED)
f1r3b1rd (PAID) (SHIPPED)
CJ (PAID) (SHIPPED)

ROYAL BLUE

RED

Zamazam (PAID) (SHIPPED)

Gold

Lime Green

Purple

PETRI V2 - $72
Lime Green

GOLD
Zamazam (PAID) (SHIPPED)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what is the cost going to per unit?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No idea what the price will be. There are upgrades, so it'll probably be higher than the last one.

The thing with Dotmod is that in order to carry their products, vendors are required to list the Dotboxes and Petri V2s at full retail. If not, then Dotmod won't sell to them anymore. It's to keep others from degrading the perceived integrity of the products. Normally, I would be against this type of practice, but the products stand up to that perceived integrity.

So, I'll be able to take a (hopefully) hefty chunk off of whatever the retail is - but only for the private group buys.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll add you to the list above. Then adjust according to color preference once we know what's available. I can also add any other Dotmod products that you're interested in.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't know yet. They gotta offer it in black, though.

duroSIG556R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, the newer version of the Dotbox should be out shortly - that is, if the new FDA regulations don't deter the fine folks at Dotmod from releasing it. Anyway, due to a suggestion from another member here on VU I'll go ahead and start a group buy for it in the hopes that it will still be released.

Here's what I know so far for specs:
  • Available in multiple colors
  • 1300mah 3 cell lipo battery
  • Proprietary Dotmod chip (not sure what it does yet)
  • DNA200 board
  • Absolutely no idea what the price will be
If they're doing the same thing with the new Dotboxes that they're doing with the rest of their products, the initial color selections will most likely be black, red, gold, and royal blue.

Also, I can always add other Dotmod products to the group buy, so if you're interested in other Dotmod products as well, I can add them here.

DOTBOX V2
Color 1:
Zamazam
VapingBeauty

Color 2:

Color 3:

BLACK:
duroSIG556R

Do we have a general idea as to when Dotmod will be able to fulfill our order? Also, how many units do we have to purchase from Dotmods?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know everything that I know. I don't think there will be a minimum order for these. But, there may be a maximum. I was only allotted 5 of the original Dotboxes.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did email my account rep yesterday, but I don't expect to hear back from him until tomorrow afternoon.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure, I'll add you now.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in if they have gold, or something that will go well with it (preferably not black)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im in, preliminarily anyways. Well see how it lines up with my pay schedule and what the price is gonna be and all that good stuff. I also for sure want a black cloud cap for the V2.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, I added both of you. The V2 Cloudcaps are only available in black or royal blue, and I have to charge $30 (includes shipping). Dotmod doesn't give much of a price break from the $40 retail for the Cloudcaps.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Add me in for a red, and a red Cloud Cap for the Petri if they ever come out with that color.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
id like to go in for a black cloud cap

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Until about 2 days after the Dotbox V2 is released. I was barely able to get 5 of the first round of Dotboxes before they were sold out.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a buddy who got one locally. They are hugely popular. That 1300Mah version will be jumped on like Rosie O'Donnell on a plate of Chili Fries.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. I'm gonna buy the max allowed ASAP.
I should have kept one for myself. :oops:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That 1300Mah version will be jumped on like Rosie O'Donnell on a plate of Chili Fries.
I'll probably need payment the day of or the day after they come out. Otherwise they could very well sell out. I'm just a little fish in a big pond and all 5 of the pre-release Dotboxes that I was allotted sold within 24 hours.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey party people! I found this thread while looking for a DotBox and I'd love to sign up for the V2 group buy if possible (in black please).

Sounds like the V2s are going to be awesome!

Habib
Removed by staff

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Habib, I removed your personal contact info from the post above. Please don't post personal identifyable information such as your email addresses and phone numbers, et cetera on the forum. If you want to communicate with other members privately, please use the Private Message function on the forum. We can't see your private messages, and you can't see ours..

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey party people! I found this thread while looking for a DotBox and I'd love to sign up for the V2 group buy if possible (in black please).
Added

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Habib, I removed your personal contact info from the post above. Please don't post personal identifyable information such as your email addresses and phone numbers, et cetera on the forum. If you want to communicate with other members privately, please use the Private Message function on the forum. We can't see your private messages, and you can't see ours..
Thank you for removing that I apologize for breaking The Forum rules

Admittedly in my excitement for this group buy, I rushed to sign up and just assume that giving my email address would be some sort of sign of good faith about my desire to join the group play since I am new to this forum and don't know any of you yet :)

I will go ahead and introduce myself in the appropriate location on this forum and look forward to spending some time around here

And to OP-
Thanks for your willingness to include me in this group buy :cool:

Please don't hesitate to contact me privately if you need any of my personal information for this

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How many commits do you have now Chef?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please add me. A co-worker has V1 and I fell in love with it
Added. I highly regret not keeping one of the V1 Dotboxes for myself. All 5 sold within 24 hours.
How many commits do you have now Chef?
19 between here and my website pre-sale requests. I may have to borrow money from my boss to pay for all this stuff. Wait - make that 20. I'm definitely getting one for myself this time. I just hope that Dotmod doesn't limit the quantity available per vendor like they did with the first one.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let em know they have a standing order for 20 from you if they accept it.

I'm sure I could get at least 5 more commits from vapers here locally. The local B&M's are going to shit, the only really decent one has been blowing out their old stock recently.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wait - make that 20. I'm definitely getting one for myself this time. I just hope that Dotmod doesn't limit the quantity available per vendor like they did with the first one.

First off, I'm glad you're jumping in on this one! I imagine it would be unbearably painful to watch all those sweet v2 dotboxes pass through your hands after going through the trouble of arranging this group buy...

In regards to your concerns about dotmod allotting enough to you for the group buy, I'm guessing it should be ok as long as you communicate it with them as early as possible...maybe set a cutoff date for sign up into this group buy, that way you jave a definitive number earlier rather than later? I've never done a group buy so take that with a grain of salt...

I do remember reading one of the posts on dotmod's IG page and they did say the v2 would be available in much higher numbers than the initial release, so yea, i imagine it'll just be a matter of communicating your order to them early enough.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, they're good people and easy to communicate with. For their other products, I try to keep at least 3 of each color of each item they offer on my website at all times. I'm a bit of a #Dothead...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not yet. They're still being quiet about it until it's released.

F

fckaugust8th

@CrazyChef add me as a possible please, depending on price and colors. Since you deal with high end mods, any chance for a group buy on the Hohm Slice? Thank you.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Added. No go on the Hohm Slice. I only open accounts with companies that I want to sell on my website.

F

fckaugust8th

No go on the Hohm Slice. I only open accounts with companies that I want to sell on my website.
...and you don't want the Slice??? Bummer! It is your decision ofcourse but it would have been nice to support one of the members here.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Mythical_OD
@f1r3b1rd

I'll be putting in an order with Dotmod on Tuesday - do you want me to order the Cloudcaps?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is your decision ofcourse but it would have been nice to support one of the members here.
Yes, but I would rather not make a business commitment based on the sole purpose of creating a group buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors