Double Barrel by Squid Industries

Discussion in 'RECALLS, and Faulty Products' started by PaulS, Jun 11, 2019.

1. PaulS

PaulS Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have had two Double Barrels just stop working on me. No discernable reason and certainly not hard used (both were house mods). The mod just stops unaccountably. The first time I thought - okay sometimes you get a bad mod. But twice? I've heard others have the same issue too. And no - it is not juice leaking into the chip (which should be protected bit is not).

Also had an issue with the Tac. Despite saying it accommodates 21700s it does not. It is also not so easy dealing with them. If like me you get a mod on a trade without a receipt they don't even look at it.

So I'm done with Squid.

Theboss and PoppaVic like this.
  2. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I’ve heard others say their DB’s had issues also screens going, doors not catching etc ...shame it’s a lovely looking mod

wonder if these are from the later batches when production scaled up due to popularity?

3. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Wouldn't matter, if they had a warranty and CS. <shrug>

4. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    There are only a couple companies who's warranty covers second hand devices and personally I don't find that to be unreasonable. There are a few tutorials posted where to sand for the TAC to fit 21700 batteries. Squid addressed this problem when the mod was released and you could send it in for the sanding or you could do it yourself. Eric Buss has a tutorial video up.