Become a Patron!

Double Battery Squonk Mod Better?

Simbah

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I just got a squonk pin for my Cosmonaut RDA... I use it with two coils, 0.2 ohms at around 60 Watts most of the time. Home use only... I’ve never had a squonk mod, so I don’t know how often I’d have to swap batteries... Any suggestions? Thanks!

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I just got a squonk pin for my Cosmonaut RDA... I use it with two coils, 0.2 ohms at around 60 Watts most of the time. Home use only... I’ve never had a squonk mod, so I don’t know how often I’d have to swap batteries... Any suggestions? Thanks!
I vape around. 3 to. 2 single vct5a lasts about a squonker bottle of juice. Or 3 to 4 hrs depending on how much you vape.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the squonk-mod itself really has no bearing on battery runtime.
I think he's asking should he get dual or single battery. I sacrifice changing batteries so I can use my tiny little stealth squonkers but if you don't mind carrying a brick around dual will give you more time.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be.. I do know that the frequent-swapping of 1-cells is really hard on the battery-door designs.. My experiences with them encouraged me to move on to duals.

That said, I know I can get thru the trip to/from work, work, and a little either side - all on a single cell. Duals just mean "set it up at first-cuppa and forget it until tomorrow night ;-)

(Actually, I tend to drain a tank and just switch cells between gbox and vt133 and vape another tank - then fill everyone the same time for a repeat ;-)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'd go dual battery.. for anything over 50watts.

You'll get about the same run time you would with a NON squonker mod box. How long do you get on a regular mod? Adding a juice bottle doesn't affect the electrical magic or even the vape.... only how you supply the juice to the atty..

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I went from small mech squonk (Boxer clone from FT) to a Geekvape GBox (dual battery). I thought that if I was going to get a regulated squonk, I would bypass getting a single battery squonk mod (like an iJoy Capo) and get a dual battery mod. Needless to say, now I am shopping for a single battery regulated squonk mod. As awesome as that GBox is, it is hefty trying to carry out and around.

Maybe if I had one of these......
EE29FEB2-3AA2-41E8-A455-5DA6A8274F79.jpeg
I agree with what Steel said....carrying around a dual battery squonker can feel like carrying around a brick.
If I go out, it’s usually with the CopperVape single battery squonk mod.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went from small mech squonk (Boxer clone from FT) to a Geekvape GBox (dual battery). I thought that if I was going to get a regulated squonk, I would bypass getting a single battery squonk mod (like an iJoy Capo) and get a dual battery mod. Needless to say, now I am shopping for a single battery regulated squonk mod. As awesome as that GBox is, it is hefty trying to carry out and around.

View attachment 108789
I agree with what Steel said....carrying around a dual battery squonker can feel like carrying around a brick.
Hotcig rig is nice not huge it is hefty weight wise. My mechs are about 2 mm bigger than holding 2 18650 together so some what smaller even than boxer.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20eed1408793c9cffb0658b23e50ba06.jpg

Simbah

Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys.
I usually get 2 days, but it depends on how stressed I get lol.
I’ll end up getting both. One to use at home, and another one to use out and about...
At home I don’t mind having a big mod. Which ones would you recommend?
Do regulated squonks hit better than unregulated ones, or it’s just a safety thing?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys.
I usually get 2 days, but it depends on how stressed I get lol.
I’ll end up getting both. One to use at home, and another one to use out and about...
At home I don’t mind having a big mod. Which ones would you recommend?
Do regulated squonks hit better than unregulated ones, or it’s just a safety thing?
Other way mech hits better long as you take care of contacts.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs are what you buy, test, clean and pack away for the Apocalypse..

Regulated is what you bop around with "regular" (regu-{lar,ated}}, see? ;-P

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the vandy vape pulse bf mod it doesn't hit hard at all. I guess next I'll try lost vape therion dna 75c squonk mod

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got the vandy vape pulse bf mod it doesn't hit hard at all. I guess next I'll try lost vape therion dna 75c squonk mod

The Pulse was one weak SOB of a mod - horrible

Mechs are what you buy, test, clean and pack away for the Apocalypse..

Unless you are like me and a serious mech head - regulated squonking is...is...not for everyone lets say

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's how I feel about mechs.. But, to be fair, the regulated circle has it's own issues.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape mechanical squonk mods only. I use .12 ohm coils on a single Sony vct5a. So thats 147 watts not accounting for voltage drop. Anyway, I take one extra battery with me to work and then change it again when I get home. So I use 3 batteries in a day. It only takes a couple seconds to swap out a battery. Just make sure you're carrying it in a case!

I recently got a triple battery squonk mod thinking it would be nice to not have to haul around an extra battery. I quickly realized the triple battery mod weighs a lot more than a single battery squonk mod an extra battery. It's not a very good on the go set up.

I guess the point is, having to switch out a battery isn't all that bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape mechanical squonk mods only. I use .12 ohm coils on a single Sony vct5a. So thats 147 watts not accounting for voltage drop. Anyway, I take one extra battery with me to work and then change it again when I get home. So I use 3 batteries in a day. It only takes a couple seconds to swap out a battery. Just make sure you're carrying it in a case!

I recently got a triple battery squonk mod thinking it would be nice to not have to haul around an extra battery. I quickly realized the triple battery mod weighs a lot more than a single battery squonk mod an extra battery. It's not a very good on the go set up.

I guess the point is, having to switch out a battery isn't all that bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You aren’t getting 147 watts from a single 18650, VTC5A or otherwise. Maybe 100W.

Simbah

Member For 4 Years
I tried a friend’s Armageddon squonk mod today, little thing hits hard! But he did mention that he needs to swap batteries quite often. I guess that I could get something a bit more expensive, up to $100. Any suggestions? I’ll go crazy if I start watching these online reviews!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I tried a friend’s Armageddon squonk mod today, little thing hits hard! But he did mention that he needs to swap batteries quite often. I guess that I could get something a bit more expensive, up to $100. Any suggestions? I’ll go crazy if I start watching these online reviews!

Armageddon is in that range, but I guess a lot of folks are having arcing issues at low ohms, even with the V2

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years

View attachment 108789

I got the iJoy Capo 216 and the size doesn't bother me at all, for what it is, I think the size is pretty small. But I hated the squonk bottle it came with, so per Mike Vape's YT video, I hacked it and man, it is night and day way, way better this way. Except for the screen being so dim that I can in no way even see it at all unless the lights are dim - and forget about seeing it outside at all except at night - it serves it's purpose.

I have both 20700 batteries in it and can get about 220 puffs @ 50 watts till they are showing one bar. I think there is something wrong with this one because the screen is so dim and also I cannot get it to fully charge the batteries. I have another one on order, hopefully the one I have is just a bad one, at least that's what I'm hoping. Either way, after the hack job, it does the job.

VU Sponsors