Become a Patron!

Double vision RDA how to get the big clouds

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so, i just picked up the Double vision from compvape and some fused clapton wire and I want those big clouds that i know you can get from this thing. Im running a kbox 120. The 1st deck i did 6 wrap dual coil with fused 28g*2 + 32g and Scottish roll. 2nd deck, 6 wraps Kanthal 22g with lush Japanese cotton strips. I'm at .11 on the kanthal and .14 on the clapton. Not much difference and no massive clouds like i was expecting. I'm pretty new to building, so I'm not sure which way to go with this

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you running on it? Also what mix ratio is the juice your using? Both can play a big part in cloud size. Pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you running on it? Also what mix ratio is the juice your using? Both can play a big part in cloud size. Pics?

4c63c189d1dbd130e405a6962072d830.jpg

I'm running dual fused claptons at around 70-90W but I've been around 65-75W because I've been sick for the last week or 2

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And it's at 7 wraps for a .22 build

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol ok yeah your in the right direction juice wise. Have you tried higher wattage?

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just trying to help what is the diameter of your coils?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol ok yeah your in the right direction juice wise. Have you tried higher wattage?

Yeah, I've gotta slowly build back up. I've got the sniffles still but i think I'm pretty much over this cold for the most part

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im at 3mm, i believe. Should I open or close the airflow when going to a higher wattage? I don't really like airy pulls but i also don't like a hot pull either

Like the old saying go big or go home. Judge how much more room you have. If you think it will fit make your diameter bigger. Yea open your air flow it will help cool and get more air to coils. Play with watts and airflow alittle bit see if you can get more cloud. Higher you go warmer it gets iam crazy about super hot vape. Being sick or coming off a cold dose not help any.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like the old saying go big or go home. Judge how much more room you have. If you think it will fit make your diameter bigger. Yea open your air flow it will help cool and get more air to coils. Play with watts and airflow alittle bit see if you can get more cloud. Higher you go warmer it gets iam crazy about super hot vape. Being sick or coming off a cold dose not help any.
Yeah, tell me about it. I am glad I vape now instead of smoke because you can't change shit about stinky sticks if you're sick. You either smoke it & die from coughing, or you just don't smoke while you're sick. With vaping and DIYing your own juice, you can drop the nic, lower the wattage, whatever ^_^ and it's all good lol

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im actually getting a limitless plus from eciggity and I'm gonna try your suggestion. I had the choice between that or an aeronaut clone. I have a velocity mini and basically 2 more RDAs with this double vision, thanks to them putting 2 decks in the kit. And i really wanted to try an RDTA, so I passed up the aeronaut for it.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, tell me about it. I am glad I vape now instead of smoke because you can't change shit about stinky sticks if you're sick. You either smoke it & die from coughing, or you just don't smoke while you're sick. With vaping and DIYing your own juice, you can drop the nic, lower the wattage, whatever ^_^ and it's all good lol

This is true sick on cigarettes probably smoke like four aday. Sick on vaping dont want warm sour watermelon candy vape either. Secret on those cloulds bro clouds is having king kong lungs. lol I cant chuckem like my friends my left lung is jacked up not from smoking something else.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is true sick on cigarettes probably smoke like four aday. Sick on vaping dont want warm sour watermelon candy vape either. Secret on those cloulds bro clouds is having king kong lungs. lol I cant chuckem like my friends my left lung is jacked up not from smoking something else.
My lungs kinda suck too because of a medical condition. I can't do huge lung hits either. My hubby likes to say my clouds are weak compared to his tf-v4 but we all know compvape rdas chuck bigger clouds lol

VU Sponsors