Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Comments were closed when I tried - did post a thumbs-down, however.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ITs funny just 10 minutes ago I posted in a thread about converting smokers to vaping and was talking about the standards "it gives you popcorn lung" from those not ready to quit smoking. Now I know where they are getting this shit from....to bad it was debunked like 5 years ago...

EDIT: Debunked is maybe the wrong word. Us as a community got flavor companies to take out or label the stuff that causes it rather.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
E-liquid manufacturers who use questionable ingredients should provide a warning label or face the consequences...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
E-liquid manufacturers who use questionable ingredients should provide a warning label or face the consequences...

It will just end up like the prop 65 warning where all eliquid manufacturers put the warning on there no matter what.

Then the "this product contains diketones" warning will be there next to prop 65, it will not matter if there is 1ppm or 3000ppm of diacetyl and no one will know leaving us where we were to begin with.

This lawyer is quoting a study where most of the samples had less diacetyl than "ambient air" and an average of 750X less than cigarettes

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will just end up like the prop 65 warning where all eliquid manufacturers put the warning on there no matter what.

Then the "this product contains diketones" warning will be there next to prop 65, it will not matter if there is 1ppm or 3000ppm of diacetyl and no one will know leaving us where we were to begin with.

This lawyer is quoting a study where most of the samples had less diacetyl than "ambient air" and an average of 750X less than cigarettes
Vendors who test and who don't use DA/AP won't have to put on a warning label.
At least then those interested in what they inhale will know and be able to decide for themselves, rather than have a shady vendor decide for them...
Lawsuits are better than regulation, no?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think what's being missed is
A) bad press due to the lawsuit
B) a court ruling declaring that these ingredients can cause 'X' and then be used to aide in passage of regulation and banishment of said ingredient. Whether it is truthful or not in reality. The court says it is so as far as legislators are concerned it is. Period, end of discussion. That can translate into royally fucking us all.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Think what's being missed is
A) bad press due to the lawsuit
B) a court ruling declaring that these ingredients can cause 'X' and then be used to aide in passage of regulation and banishment of said ingredient. Whether it is truthful or not in reality. The court says it is so as far as legislators are concerned it is. Period, end of discussion. That can translate into royally fucking us all.

Especially when "Ambient Air" contains Diacetyl and formaldehyde
Everything could have it if they test by parts per billion.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WoW, even worse putting it that way.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you used the terms douchebag and lawyer in the same sentnece........that is redundant.......I love the background music it was like something out of the exorcist or "return of the walking dead vampire zombies"... a funeral dirge......are people really this stupid they can have their opinions shaped by background music...?Why not if they are stupid enough to outlaw certain guns because they "look" scary, I can totally see them thinking vaping is dangerous because they watched a scary coommerical.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Low budget production for a low budget lawyer. Youtubes version of ambulance chasing.

I'm sure, for a hefty retainer, he'll file a lawsuit on your behalf. But, I bet he won't do it without money up front.

Has anyone seen a pack of cigarettes with all the ingredients listed on the pack? Does it say "contains diacetyl"? No.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And, to add to my previous post, I just looked at a bag of microwave popcorn, in which there has been a single case of a person getting popcorn lung. No warning to be found. No diketones listed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm shocked that no one has sued anybody for the offensive name diketones? could be describing Kathy Griffins voice?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Low budget production for a low budget lawyer. Youtubes version of ambulance chasing.

I'm sure, for a hefty retainer, he'll file a lawsuit on your behalf. But, I bet he won't do it without money up front.

Has anyone seen a pack of cigarettes with all the ingredients listed on the pack? Does it say "contains diacetyl"? No.
Im guessing your the one that posted the Ambulance Chasing comments that I replied to?

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm shocked that no one has sued anybody for the offensive name diketones? could be describing Kathy Griffins voice?
HAHAHA
It's di-ketones, not dike-tones.
But now every time I see that word I'm going to think about a Bikini Riot Doo-*** vocal group.

waitaminute, is Doo-*** edited as an ethnic slander on this siteo_O

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HAHAHA
It's di-ketones, not dike-tones.
But now every time I see that word I'm going to think about a Bikini Riot Doo-*** vocal group.

waitaminute, is Doo-*** edited as an ethnic slander on this siteo_O
Yup the one word on vu that's edited is my old college nickname

VU Sponsors