Become a Patron!

DOVPO Topside 90W Top Fill Squonk MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Topside 90W Top Fill Squonk MOD from Dovpo. The Dovpo Topside 90W Top Fill Squonk MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/dovpo-topside...k-mod.html

Introduction

The Topside is a collaboration between Dovpo and Vapor Chronicles and much talked about with many rating it the best squonk device in the marketplace. I love the Delta, and the Rage is also a superb squonk device so when i received the Topside i was looking forward to seeing how it matched up. The Topside will accommodate a 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery and offers the first top-fill method with a squonk device, with it's unique look and coming in a multitude of colours there's lots to wet the lips. The Topside has a great screen giving all the needed information in easy to read font and with a firmware upgrade now offers TC option, let's see if it lives up to the hype!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Topside MOD (no battery)
1 x USB Cable
1 x Bottle(Pre-installed)
1 x Extra Bottle (separated packaging)
1 x 18650 Battery Adaptor
1 x User Manual
1 x Battery Safety Card
1 x QC Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Topside comes in a good quality plastic container with slide off top which has a cardboard sleeve, you also get a spare bottle but that is packaged separately. The plastic container is worth a mention as it could be put to good use, it has four holes on the top a good distance apart that work well for sitting atty's in and i can imagine a mod maker after seeing the box would already be thinking about their next project. I received the Silver version which has a glitter type finish as does the other solid colour options, the combo colours available have a splatter style finish and i must say the Black Gold version looks stunning. The colour options are, Silver, Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Red, Purple, Gold, Green, Black Grey, Black Red, Black Gold and Black Blue. The shape is a double barrel look giving the spine where we have the cutout for pressing the bottle an ergonomic rounded shape. I thought the the double barrel shape on the sides will make this uncomfortable to hold but when in hand because there are no edges it feels fine, in fact the rounded spine and position of the large Black domed fire button the Topside is a surprisingly ergonomic device especially as it's large for a single battery squonk device. The front of the device has the already mentioned fire button at the top, central is the screen then below we have a venting grill for the chip followed by the round domed Black navigational buttons. On one side of the device we have the micro USB port, the base is the battery door and has plenty of printed safety marks and branding. Up top we have a upper section towards the front then it curves down to a lower section at the rear. The rear is where we have the top-fill cap which has texturing for grip, on the upper section is the leak proof design Gold plated, spring loaded BF 510 surrounded by a small 510 plate. I can't fault the build quality of the Topside, if it performs as well as it is made and looks then it's going to be a cracking device.

Topside Specs and Features:

Size: 54.0mm x 27.0mm x 92.0mm
Material: Zinc Alloy/Aluminium Alloy/Stainless Steel
(All parts that have contact with e-liquid are made from food grade stainless steel and silicone)
Battery: Single 21700 or 18650 with an Adaptor(not included)
Input Voltage: 3.2V-4.2V
Output Voltage: 1.0V-8.5V
Output Wattage: 5W-90W
Squonk Bottle Capacity: 10ml
Resistance Range: 0.08ohm-3.5ohm
Screen: 0.96 inch OLED
Working Mode: VW/Bypass (optional TC firmware download)
Environmental material for safe and healthy vaping experience
World's first top fill squonk MOD with various working modes
0.96 inch OLED screen & large fire button for easy operation
Soft silicone squeeze bottle with 10ml large e-juice capacity
Colours: Silver, Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Red, Purple, Gold, Green, Black Grey, Black Red, Black Gold, Black Blue

Filling The device

On the top of the device towards the rear we have a screw cap very similar to a battery cap we see on devices like the Pico, unscrew this cap which reveals 2 generous kidney shaped fill ports, it's exactly the same as when you unscrew the top-cap off a tank. Looking inside as well as the fill ports the rest of the circular shape is made up with a Black solid section, on the underneath of this is where the pipe is that feeds down into the bottle to connect with the bottles tube and then leads to the 510, the bottle holds 10ml of e-liquid which is impressive. The underneath of the screw cap has spring loaded kidney shaped bungs that seal everything once the cap is screwed back on.

The Bottle

To remove the bottle we have to remove the top-cap (it comes out much easier with top-cap removed) and open the battery door revealing the base of the bottles casing. On this base where the spine of the device is there is a indent to get grip to pull the bottles casing with bottle out of the device. The Bottle is housed inside strong plastic casing which has a metal top section which has kidney shaped fill ports that line up with the already mentioned fill ports at the top of the device and then a cutout section with a hole, the circle is completed when the casing is fitted inside the device as the solid section with pipe already described at the top of the device slots into this cut out section feeding the pipe inside the tubing in the bottle and sealing everything. For the most part when people want to clean the bottle it's easy enough to just flush it out using the fill ports but you can give it a more thorough clean. On either side of the top metal section of the casing are screws, by undoing these you can take the casing apart revealing the tube on the underneath of the metal section and take your bottle out, now it can be given a thorough clean, you are supplied with both an allen key and spare screws just in case. The plastic casing for the bottle has protruding side rails and inside the device is a groove either side so the bottle assembly is fitted smoothly in the perfect position.

The Spare Bottle

When you buy the Topside you do get a spare bottle which is packaged separately. The bottle is the full assembly including the casing, it also comes with a top that looks very similar to the one on the device with bungs for the fill ports and a section that mimics the solid section with feed pipe, this top is just press fitted into place but is a nice tight fit and with the protruding area interlocking and the bungs sitting deep this is not going to come off on it's own accord. This is a massive pro, 10ml in the bottle fitted in the device and another 10ml you can carry around in the spare, that's 20ml on the go.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Fitting The Battery

The Topside will accommodate a 21700, 20700 or with the supplied adaptor a 18650. The battery door is the base of the device, you need to slightly slide the door towards the rear then it lifts up. Underneath the door we have the bottom of the bottle cartridge once side and the battery tube compartment the other, it's just a matter of sliding your battery (the correct way) into the tube then fastening the door. The door secures very well and there is no battery rattle, orientation is marked on the door in White so a big pro for that.

The Display

The display is sharp, very bright and quite basic in it's layout which will be liked by many with all information in a decent size font so no issues with reading the information given. At the top of the display to the left we have the mode, to the right of this is the battery status bar, underneath the already described is your wattage. Then further down we have the amps followed by the voltage and finally at the bottom your resistance.

Navigating The Topside

The Topside is one of the easiest devices to navigate with only having wattage and bypass modes by default, you can download a firmware package to add TC but the way the operating system functions this is not going to make navigating the Topside any more complex. To turn the device on and off is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button and once on i have already described the display and it is a matter of just using your navigational buttons to alter your wattage to what you want and vaping. To use the device in bypass simply hold down the left button and fire button together and it changes modes to bypass, to get back to wattage just repeat the operation. The only other feature is pressing both navigational buttons together locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it will still fire.

Using The Topside

I used both the Profile and Widowmaker on the topside and the device works as well as any squonker i have used. The firing with the finger and putting pressure on the bottle with the thumb or firing with the thumb and pressing the bottle with the fingers work equally as well as each other, it feels really good in the hand. The device fires instantly with next to no ramp up and i didn't suffer any misfires. The wattage scrolls in point 5 watt increments unless you hold the button down then it switches to 1 watt increments. The squonking system works great with the bottle being just the right tension. Filling the bottle (not that you need to do it often with the 10ml capacity) is as easy as filling a top-fill tank, it's an impressive innovative device. It is slightly on the large size with a bit of weight and any atty's over 25mm will overhang but apart from that its pro after pro. Battery life is excellent with a 21700 for a single battery device and as already mentioned if you use TC there is a firmware download to add that to the device.

Topside V's The Delta

These are the best 2 squonk devices i have used and without going into what i prefer about each device, which do i prefer? Just because of personal preference reasons, by a tad i still prefer the Delta but have to concede the Topside is marginally the better device.

Very good build quality
No button rattle whatsoever
Aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion)
Plenty of colour options
Ergonomic (despite size)
Top-fill
Accommodates 21700, 20700 or 18650 battery
Battery door fits securely (no rattles)
Orientation in White
Innovative
Nice size and shaped fire button
Simple to Navigate
Sharp, very bright display
Bypass mode
TC firmware download option
Point 5 watt increment scrolling
Bottle is easy to give a quick clean
Spare bottle included with lid (carry loaded with e-liquid)
Quick bottle assembly switch
Suffered no leaking
Squonks consistently
Fires instantly with quick ramp up
Good battery life
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Large single battery squonk device
Atty's over 25mm will overhang
To thoroughly clean bottle means undoing screws and taking assembly apart

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the DOVPO Topside 90W Top Fill Squonk MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/dovpo-topside...k-mod.html

VU Sponsors