Become a Patron!

DOVPO TOPSIDE

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was at the vape expo in Richmond yesterday. I got to talk thr Brian TVC. He walked me thru the mod and they had ones for us to try. It's a very nice hitting mod. The top fill bottle is amazing and I this 90w is more than enough power. If I remember correctly. He said it was going to be out in a few weeks and cost about $75.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is so nit picky but the “T” on the bottle bother me

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottle is in a plastic frame like the basium. I believe other bottles will fit in the frame and you will be able to turn the bottle. The bottle can be removed from the bottom for cleaning and maintenance.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Anyone know what size battery it takes? Hopefully 21700, since it’s a single.

I've got a purple preordered but I'm getting impatient waiting for it. They keep changing the date they say it'll ship, peeving me off

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't realize the thread I replied to earlier was in the hardware section lol.

I've been using this for a few days and so far so good. I run single coil attys in the 45-50w range so batt life has been great with the Samsung 40T and the Sanyo A batts.

44086264_578749179211334_752545224504377344_n.png

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Didn't realize the thread I replied to earlier was in the hardware section lol.

I've been using this for a few days and so far so good. I run single coil attys in the 45-50w range so batt life has been great with the Samsung 40T and the Sanyo A batts.

44086264_578749179211334_752545224504377344_n.png

Will it get you through a full day? Have you tried the onboard charger?

Is the battery door metal?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will it get you through a full day? Have you tried the onboard charger?

Is the battery door metal?
A samsung 40T gets me through a full day, but I am running a single coil at 48w. If I was running at max power I am not sure how it would do but I am a single coil 22mm guy on squonk devices.
I have not used the charger on the mod. I never do unless I was in a bind but normally I use a external charger. The battery door appears to be metal.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
image.jpg I love this thing.....just got it Saturday. Really, really love the top filling feature. Super quick firing button. Very good build quality. Charging it with the side port right now to see how fast it is. Get it.....no regrets.....;)

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cancelled my FT order for the stainless/black Furyan. Took the gift certificate and ordered the gunmetal Topside. Just seemed like the wiser choice since I have mech squonkers up to my eyeballs.

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will be happy. I have both and the topside is the hardest hitting regulated squonker I have. I run my Mach On3 at 100w and run the Topside at 85w. They seem to hit the same. Both have the same coils in the drop rda.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will be happy. I have both and the topside is the hardest hitting regulated squonker I have. I run my Mach On3 at 100w and run the Topside at 85w. They seem to hit the same. Both have the same coils in the drop rda.

Good to hear. I only run single coil builds on my 18650 mechs around a modest .3Ω, figure around 45w after vdrop so with a 21700, I should get pretty decent battery life with the Topside. Hard to say no to that top fill feature and based off the reviews, the build quality seems nice.

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just my opinion but I run .25 on my mechs with great results. I also mainly run single coil rdas because I love the recurve. Especially with the conversion cap. But I have the Topside with the drop rda running a .125 build and it hits like a beast. Battery life is good with a 30T. I would think it would be better with a 40T. I'll have to test that. All on all the Topside is a win win. The only nit picky con I have is that I wish it fit my hand better. I've seen worse and I'm just being picky. This mod is a keeper in my collection.

VU Sponsors