Dream house/compound

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tell us about it. Post pictures....tell me why and how it would positively impact your life.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love every human, but my dream is to have a wee log home on some wooded acreage where I can find complete solitude. I love my ministry, but there are times that I reach points of saturation and need solitude. And it must have a MAHOOSIVE porch! And lovely landscaping. I would probably have no telly....but certainly internet and a very good stereo system. I would also want a wee chapel adjacent to the cabin.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like the kick ass home my buddy picked up.
9 acres, bay windows look down the lewis river valley towards mt. st. helens. Massive semi wrap porch in the front.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want an underground home. All the advantages of a house without the inconvenience. Think about it:

- You buy a piece of land only the size you want your garden to be - and then some, for an overground sunroom. But essentially, quite a small piece of land.
- You have all the living space you want underneath: just plan as many levels as you want.
- Your house is naturally insulated against the heat of summer and the cold of winter. Only minimal heating and cooling are required.
- No need for exterior wall decoration or paint.
- No need for a roof.
- Storm and tornado proof.
- Provided the main entrance is secured properly, it's also extremely hard to burglarize.

What's not to love eh?

VaporLadyLounge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Already have the Ultimate Home, all I have to do is hook up and move on when the mood strikes me!

Attachments

• rv.jpg
    rv.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 16

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A modest log cabin somewhere in wooded hills close to some kind of water has been my dream for a long time.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want an underground home. All the advantages of a house without the inconvenience. Think about it:

- You buy a piece of land only the size you want your garden to be - and then some, for an overground sunroom. But essentially, quite a small piece of land.
- You have all the living space you want underneath: just plan as many levels as you want.
- Your house is naturally insulated against the heat of summer and the cold of winter. Only minimal heating and cooling are required.
- No need for exterior wall decoration or paint.
- No need for a roof.
- Storm and tornado proof.
- Provided the main entrance is secured properly, it's also extremely hard to burglarize.

What's not to love eh?
I thought about it, seriously thought about it.
I like the idea a whole bunch and some firms specialize in it. The Major stumbling block is permitting, some radon issues and air circulation.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about it, seriously thought about it.
I like the idea a whole bunch and some firms specialize in it. The Major stumbling block is permitting, some radon issues and air circulation.

Here in stupid Belgium, the biggest hurdle is getting a building permit: it's just not allowed.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A ton of flood plane and fault lines, and stupid fuckers sitting on permitting boards and government... they would have fucking starved actually trying to work for a living.

Post turtles.. the lot of them.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
caribou_loghomeplan.gif

VU Sponsors