Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's probably just really tight it does unscrew

sent from my droid turbo 2

Yeah I can see that it is threaded, and sits slightly above flush on the mod top. So turning it in counterclockwise would get rid of the atty gap. But I don't want to apply any more force to it than I already have. The small atty gap didn't really bother me, just thought I would try it when I saw your post.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I noticed how far up the battery opening was threaded and wondered if, in a pinch, a 18500 would work ... almost but not quite. Just a word of caution about those threads though, clean them and use a little grease to ease travel.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I noticed how far up the battery opening was threaded and wondered if, in a pinch, a 18500 would work ... almost but not quite. Just a word of caution about those threads though, clean them and use a little grease to ease travel.
I bet a kick would work with that battery but that not much power

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I need some help please. I think mine has been put together in correctly because the button wouldnt work and I couldn't adjust the 510 and I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together but it does not work, button gets stuck and auto fires. Can someone please post a pic of the internals so I can see how it should be put together.Thank you.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
89658ae86a103d22c4eb962819a25ee0.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok I need some help please. I think mine has been put together in correctly because the button wouldnt work and I couldn't adjust the 510 and I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together but it does not work, button gets stuck and auto fires. Can someone please post a pic of the internals so I can see how it should be put together.Thank you.
The 510 isn't adjustable

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand how is not not adjustable it has a slot for a screwdriver.I'm really confused , this mod has the strangest bottom feed system I have ever seen. Nothing like any other squonker I have owned.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't understand how is not not adjustable it has a slot for a screwdriver.I'm really confused , this mod has the strangest bottom feed system I have ever seen. Nothing like any other squonker I have owned.
The slot is only to tighten the screw. It's not adjustable. It will not fire if loose

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
89658ae86a103d22c4eb962819a25ee0.jpg

Thanks is there a black o-ring in between the insulator and the copper firing plate and the brass screw on the switch side?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
It goes screw... copper..... o-ring.. insulator.... button

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I will try that .

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok still won't work, its like there is a part of the switch missing or something. I push the switch down and it wont come back up and just auto fires. Also there is hardly any travel between the brass screw and the battery and if I screw the brass screw any tighter it just pulls the firing button down into the housing. Any ideas what I can try?Thanks.

zldg7o.jpg

vynwht.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sorry you are having so much trouble Brownie.

I just got mine a few minutes ago and it is firing perfectly.

If I had extra time right now I'd break my down and take pictures of the parts for you

I'm very happy with mine so far

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok still won't work, its like there is a part of the switch missing or something. I push the switch down and it wont come back up and just auto fires. Also there is hardly any travel between the brass screw and the battery and if I screw the brass screw any tighter it just pulls the firing button down into the housing. Any ideas what I can try?Thanks.

zldg7o.jpg

vynwht.jpg
Ok only remove the button. With the button off the copper bridge should be touching the base with some spring pressure. Then screw the bottom back on.

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok only remove the button. With the button off the copper bridge should be touching the base with some spring pressure. Then screw the bottom back on.

Thanks Dre, did that and it has stopped auto firing but there is literally about 3mm of travel when I hit the switch, doesn't feel very safe. Do you have more travel than that?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks Dre, did that and it has stopped auto firing but there is literally about 3mm of travel when I hit the switch, doesn't feel very safe. Do you have more travel than that?
U can add more travel by installing the battery positive down. That will add some switch through

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,Is that safe to do? What do you mean add some switch through?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks,Is that safe to do? What do you mean add some switch through?
Just turn the battery upside down that's all. It's safe to do if your battery wraps are in good shape

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, I'll try that.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well I'm loving this little clone Chinese original
It's sporting a Chalice III and vaping flawlessly
I relegated the Vel V2 I got for it to a lesser-loved squonker.

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't think it's a clone. It's not a copy of any known mod. It has its own style everything. It's a China original;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't think it's a clone. It's not a copy of any known mod. It has its own style everything. It's a China original;)

I stand corrected, lol

It's a neat little mech squonker and I can see upgrading the innards someday

I'm very pleased with it - and I needed a new squonker like I need a hole in the head lol

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I stand corrected, lol

It's a neat little mech squonker and I can see upgrading the innards someday

I'm very pleased with it - and I needed a new squonker like I need a hole in the head lol
It's built really well. I've been thinking of adding my mini volt internals to it. I believe I can make it a 40w regulated squonker. I just need access to a few milling tools.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm really surprised no retailer has picked this mod up. It's been out for 5 weeks. Like fast tech or 3f

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hmm, you might be able to pull that off - the battery is certainly small enough.

The top design reminds me a lot of my GDNA 40. In fact, I was eyeballing this as a great candidate for 3d printing.

But my first love is mech squonkers so this baby will remain so.

I'd consider another if a 3rd round happens - if I have the dough on hand.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hmm, you might be able to pull that off - the battery is certainly small enough.

The top design reminds me a lot of my GDNA 40. In fact, I was eyeballing this as a great candidate for 3d printing.

But my first love is mech squonkers so this baby will remain so.

I'd consider another if a 3rd round happens - if I have the dough on hand.
If we get over 20 people I can get the price down to 28-34 Ish. It's the express shipping that's making it expensive

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I switched the battery round as you said and its working much better now. Not only is there more travel but the switch is smoother and it seems to hit harder, go figure. Thanks again.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I switched the battery round as you said and its working much better now. Not only is there more travel but the switch is smoother and it seems to hit harder, go figure. Thanks again.
It's all preference I like the shorter r throw of positive up. I just make sure to always lock it when not in use.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If we get over 20 people I can get the price down to 28-34 Ish. It's the express shipping that's making it expensive

I wouldn't mind waiting for the slow boat for significant savings

This little jobber is an ideal vapocolypse mech squonker - especially if you are on good terms with a machinist

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I wouldn't mind waiting for the slow boat for significant savings

This little jobber is an ideal vapocolypse mech squonker - especially if you are on good terms with a machinist
20-30 days for the cheaper shipping then I have to ship it:(
I'll contact my supplier tonight and get some more soldi numbers.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So how do we leave feedback for this?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Please make sure your battery wraps are in perfect shape. A tare in the wrap would cause a direct short.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are they coming out with copper or brass ones?

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just turn the battery upside down that's all. It's safe to do if your battery wraps are in good shape

This electrical stuff is confusing to me, but say there was a small tear or pinhole in the battery wrap causing contact with the mod. Being that the body of the mod is the negative part of the circuit, and the body of the battery is negative, wouldn't you get a dead short when you pressed the fire button/switch?

edit - nevermind, I just saw the post stating that, guess I missed it first time thru.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
This electrical stuff is confusing to me, but say there was a small tear or pinhole in the battery wrap causing contact with the mod. Being that the body of the mod is the negative part of the circuit, and the body of the battery is negative, wouldn't you get a dead short when you pressed the fire button/switch?
If the battery is positive up you'd be ok if the wrap was ripped. The whole battery body us negative.only time it would cause a shot is if the positive is facing down. Any Rio would short out the battery.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe I'm running the battery upside down in the Reo clone then, I just assumed to run it positive end up (closest to the switch and atty).

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Positive to the 510 pin is the safest way to run a mechanical. In this case to the switch.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This prompted me to do some research and as usual there are conflicting "facts". But I would suggest that anyone who is going to run their battery upside down/reverse polarity do a "reverse battery polarity on mech mod" goggle search and check it out for yourself.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I think I might be able to get the China classic custom in brass or copper if we get enough people interested

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I mentioned before, a copper "Shanghai Squonker" sounds great to me. :) -I make my own BF mods & I know from experience that copper is a major PITA to machine, so it's worth it to me to buy this one in copper.

VU Sponsors