Dre's bf mod round 3

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got mine today- Fast delivery is MUCH better than waiting another two weeks to save a few bucks IMO. Thanks again, Dre! :confetti:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I want to limit this to 20 spots. Can someone start posting that on here for me. I don't feel comfortable with more then 20 in case I have to cover something with my own money. Hope you guys understand. I'm only one person and it's a little stressful.
1.write your name
2.n ext person copy paste the list and add your name till 20.

sent from my droid turbo 2

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I want to limit this to 20 spots. Can someone start posting that on here for me. I don't feel comfortable with more then 20 in case I have to cover something with my own money. Hope you guys understand. I'm only one person and it's a little stressful.

I blame the flat brimmed hats

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
1.write your name
2.n ext person copy paste the list and add your name till 20.

I'll start.

#1 Juicy Lucy

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am extremely impressed with this mod. The mechanical switch design is truly unique, as the contact strip, insulator & button are actually connected.
{I took it apart out of curiosity} -This mod is, in no way shape or form, a ripoff of anybody else's design. I am still using the atty it came with which works well enough. The "Velocity" deck is great, but I hate the top cap. So I will make a low profile top cap when I have the time. I will post the results here. :)

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The "Velocity" deck is great, but I hate the top cap. So I will make a low profile top cap when I have the time. I will post the results here.
Here is what I did to make the Coppervape atomizer into something that kicks ass:
1. Ground down the squonk pin so it is flush with the deck bottom.
2. Eliminated the bottom lip on the base so the top cap covers the base completely.
3. Enlarged the air slots on the sides and on the deck by .020"
4. Made a new top cap fitted to a Derringer drip tip.
5. Painted the stainless top cap with satin black rattlecan paint.

Now it has a perfect draw for me, has great flavor and looks MUCH better. I am satisfied; it's time to vape- while waiting impatiently for the brass mod!:)
WP_20160626_11_08_41_Pro.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here is what I did to make the Coppervape atomizer into something that kicks ass:
1. Ground down the squonk pin so it is flush with the deck bottom.
2. Eliminated the bottom lip on the base so the top cap covers the base completely.
3. Enlarged the air slots on the sides and on the deck by .020"
4. Made a new top cap fitted to a Derringer drip tip.
5. Painted the stainless top cap with satin black rattlecan paint.

Now it has a perfect draw for me, has great flavor and looks MUCH better. I am satisfied; it's time to vape- while waiting impatiently for the brass mod!:)
View attachment 55023
What the new top cap made from? I want one

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL..and they act as if what they're doing is normal ...first get your drill press, do so and so, then get your lathe and do so and so..and it's all easy :D
Heck ..I only have a hammer and a bunch of screwdrivers and a couple of pliers!

And dammit, wouldn't you know it, I used up the last of my 1'' round stock SS just yesterday ... all I have left is 3/4''!!! :(

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
LOL..and they act as if what they're doing is normal ...first get your drill press, do so and so, then get your lathe and do so and so..and it's all easy :D
Heck ..I only have a hammer and a bunch of screwdrivers and a couple of pliers!

I know! I get all excited thinking --- maybe I can do this! Until I get to the "..I set my lathe to..." :p

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anybody have the atty that came with these earlier mod orders that they do not need? {The 22mm one with the glass windows} -I am interested in the base, as I wish to make a brass top cap for the brass mod. I could either buy it, or trade for machining work, such as BF-ing one of your existing mods, etc.... as I am an experienced mod maker with a machine shop in my garage.
PM me if interested. :)

VU Sponsors