Become a Patron!

Drill needed

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mines a 3/8 Chuck I think yours is just the one above 3/8s. No biggie tho. Your doing so good. I'm proud of how your coming along in coiling.

I finally can free hand alien wrap

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thank you man, you're doing more awesome! Yeah the hole just means I can't pull the cores as tight, or they'll pull away to the outside of that gap. But that much tension might be hard on my teeny swivels anyway!

Btw Zohmbie my Walmart had a pack of ball bearing swivels, yours might have even better ones, mine are Mustad brand ball bearing, only 35lb rated but they haven't locked on me yet!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get a decent Variable Speed high speed drill, that is the most important. I also highly recommend a keyless chuck.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Will keep this in mind. I got a Daedalus kit. Got disappointed a bit. The springs in the chuck got all gnarled really quick. Not sure if I fouled up inserting the wire or what happened. Think I'll start taping the wire together on the chuck end when I go to wind wire. I can still do a bit with the Daedalus kit and might do some fused 28 awg / 36 awg here in a little, but it is a little aggravating. Might go see to buying a $3 chuck adapter piece for the Dremel.

Have now tried using a drill. Over winding by hand I got to say it does a lot better. That of course also might be influenced by me not having so much dexterity / experience / coordination. So now I can see why everyone suggests using a drill, it's a real saver of woe.

VU Sponsors