Become a Patron!

Drip vs Tank?

CaptFacePwn

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i have a Smok Alien with the baby beast on top and i love it. A friend of mine told he he prefers dripping instead and i dont know that i quite understand the difference. Wondering if someone could explain that to me without to much jargon.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baby Beast is a Tank, therefore you install a coil-head and fill with juice.

Dripping uses an RDA (like a Velocity/Twisted Messes/etc.) that take handmade coils (like Claptons and Aliens), and you drip the juice on the coils for every few hits, allowing you to change flavors quickly and frequently.

There is alot more to it than just that, but that's the basic difference between them.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A tank either a subtank or an RTA has a storage chamber for juice, a dripper or RDA requires you to drip pour or paint the coils with juice every few puffs.

As someone who used RDAs exclusively then moved to RTAs then back to RDAs, I can say that no tank of any kind can be as good as a good RDA.

CaptFacePwn

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes but that sounds like to me i have basically carry juice with me everywhere i go. i mean great, it has better flavor and what not but the goal is to quit cigarettes, not be the juice man..if that makes sense.. lol

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You carry X ml of juice with you in a tank, I carry X ml of juice with me in a dropper, same difference.

CaptFacePwn

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
makes sense but ill probably get one of each later down the road. ill be happy with my red Smok Alien..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the most part I drip at home and take a tank when I go out.

You can pick up a good clone rda from Fasttech or other china sites for less than $10 and 2 week shipping, worth it to try it out without spending $35+. Ask your friend to help with your coil and kick you down with ~10 feet or wire amd some wick so you can play around with learning how to build coils in your leisure time.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I carry my mods in a belt holster when around and always vape it almost dry before placing it back in.

I can say that I don't get those juice stains on my shirt with RDAs (where I place the shirt over the holster) unlike when I used to carry RTAs.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
shrug, my limitless plus gives me very good flavor, even better than my velocity mini
as for a subΩ tank with premade coils, the cleito is my favorite, not as good but far from bad

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
A tank either a subtank or an RTA has a storage chamber for juice, a dripper or RDA requires you to drip pour or paint the coils with juice every few puffs.

As someone who used RDAs exclusively then moved to RTAs then back to RDAs, I can say that no tank of any kind can be as good as a good RDA.

Exactly as you and others have said, but. the number of puffs per fill depends on your power, coil and wick. For example, I can vape a cloud build and have to drip every 3 pulls, but I can vape the same build at lower wattage for far longer. (I've gone over an hour on one drip)
Simply speaking, a drip atomizer gives you more control over coil and wick but at the cost of requiring more ejuice and not being as portable. (like for example, a tank would be better to use at work since you don't have to fill it as often)

It is a bit of an on going argument about tanks vs drippers for cloud/flavor. The actual fact here is, drip attys rule for both. Tanks are just very nicely portable.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is a bit of an on going argument about tanks vs drippers for cloud/flavor. The actual fact here is, drip attys rule for both. Tanks are just very nicely portable.

What is even better than dripping atomizers is dripping atomizers converted over, or made for squonking. :) That way you place your bottle of juice in the mod with the battery & give it a gentle squonk about every six to twelve hits off the atomizer. This makes dripping a lot more portable, a lot less messy & of a hassle.

All the positives for dripping atomizers set aside, I will not discount some tanks. Did not try all tanks myself. I mainly used the Evod style tanks & they were alright while used. Fairly sure there are quite a few other styles of tanks which can come to being near par with dripping atomizers. As one example, I used an RSST which is known as a Jenny, Genny style tank. If I built it properly for use, it would do well.

Ultimately, I do not see any holy war ongoing in the various aspects & facets of vaping. Further, I do not desire seeing any such holy war/s in vaping. Everyone can float back and forth, or find what they enjoy and stick to it. We're all vaping in some way at least. :)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What is even better than dripping atomizers is dripping atomizers converted over, or made for squonking. :) That way you place your bottle of juice in the mod with the battery & give it a gentle squonk about every six to twelve hits off the atomizer. This makes dripping a lot more portable, a lot less messy & of a hassle.

All the positives for dripping atomizers set aside, I will not discount some tanks. Did not try all tanks myself. I mainly used the Evod style tanks & they were alright while used. Fairly sure there are quite a few other styles of tanks which can come to being near par with dripping atomizers. As one example, I used an RSST which is known as a Jenny, Genny style tank. If I built it properly for use, it would do well.

Ultimately, I do not see any holy war ongoing in the various aspects & facets of vaping. Further, I do not desire seeing any such holy war/s in vaping. Everyone can float back and forth, or find what they enjoy and stick to it. We're all vaping in some way at least. :)

Oh I use a tank to. Using one now. Easier to vape and type. Its not so much a holy war.. until you start hitting the cloud and flavor forums. Then it is more laughable than anything else. Even scary in some cases. (such as one guy that was adamant that ohms law didn't apply to coil building).

I have to admit, I like the idea of a squonker, I just don't have one yet. To many "shinies" and "precious's" to buy first. (heh heh. I have got to find a golem vaping gif. LOL)

adam1997gipe

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no way to tell you which is better. I personally prefer a tank because I think I get better flavor. But other people will say differently. The nice thing about a tank is you just need to fill it up with liquid, and changing coils takes about 30 sec. When it comes to dripping, you're consistently dripping liquid onto your cotton after a few hits. And rebuilding takes time too. The biggest difference it convenience. My problem with dripping is trying to drip and drive. Both my cars are stick, so unless I'm on the highway, its rather difficult. But I do like it at home when I don't have to worry about anything. But you won't know for sure until you try it!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

what tanks have you tried? I've found some RTAs to be close to or as good as the best RDAs but with the added convenience. I've kinda stopped using RDAs the past few months

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
There is no way to tell you which is better. I personally prefer a tank because I think I get better flavor. But other people will say differently. The nice thing about a tank is you just need to fill it up with liquid, and changing coils takes about 30 sec. When it comes to dripping, you're consistently dripping liquid onto your cotton after a few hits. And rebuilding takes time too. The biggest difference it convenience. My problem with dripping is trying to drip and drive. Both my cars are stick, so unless I'm on the highway, its rather difficult. But I do like it at home when I don't have to worry about anything. But you won't know for sure until you try it!
With a normal flavor build (not for clouds) I can usually go over an hour between drips. I just lower the watts a bit. You wouldn't want huge clouds while driving anyway.. lol ppl would call 911 thinking your car was on fire. But yes, tanks are much better to travel with.

VU Sponsors