• TANK

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • CART

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

gdawg

{∅}
VU Donator
I smoked unfiltered cigs starting at 16. I kicked them with an eVic mini. After trying gas station ecigs and not being satisfied, eVic got me off of cigs 3 years ago.

Last year I was craving a cig after smelling one. I started vaping again instead. I am now trying to learn how to run mech mods, temp control, and RDAs. But it is hard to learn how to change cotton, center a coil, and build drippers all alone.

its a hobby for me.

I cant stand tank atomizers. I will not use tanks. I like two post single coil RDAs like the pulse 22.

Where can I find some good prebuilt coils? How about affordable copper mechs? I'd like to try a copper tube dual series 18650 baton and 26650 mech. Any tips on cleaning coils (like heating and then dipping in water)? Trying to learn the soon to be lost art of dripz. Thinking of trying out temp control with SS316. I do not use nickel or nichrome - right now only Kanthal.

Any other advice?

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground!

ModoJ

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you'll find SS316 coils to last a bit longer than your kanthals. As for cleaning them, I used to run mine under a drip of water, but I've found it's really unnecessary. If my coils get too gunked I end up swapping them.

BTW where in CA?

gdawg

{∅}
VU Donator
I think you'll find SS316 coils to last a bit longer than your kanthals. As for cleaning them, I used to run mine under a drip of water, but I've found it's really unnecessary. If my coils get too gunked I end up swapping them.

BTW where in CA?

I am excited to try them out. Can I fire ss316 in bypass or should it be TC only? Whats a good wattage and temperature for .1ohm to .2ohm coil?

I am in SoCal.

ModoJ

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am excited to try them out. Can I fire ss316 in bypass or should it be TC only? Whats a good wattage and temperature for .1ohm to .2ohm coil?

I am in SoCal.
You can use stainless is power mode/bypass.

Wattage/temp will also depend on mass. You can use Steam Engine to determine a good range by checking the heat flux section. For pre-wrapped coils, they sometimes come with recommendations, if not, you can enter the coils info in steam engine.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

gdawg

{∅}
VU Donator

Wattage/temp will also depend on mass. You can use Steam Engine to determine a good range by checking the heat flux section. For pre-wrapped coils, they sometimes come with recommendations, if not, you can enter the coils info in steam engine.

Thanks a ton! This is all very technical - I luv it. Is ss316 the safest option at the moment? Do you know much about 430 ss? I dont trust nichrome even though I think you need like 1000degree C temps for bad stuff to happen.

gdawg

{∅}
VU Donator

http://www.argex.co.uk/productlists.php?cat=70

I wonder what the resistance/tempurature curve looks like for cupric silver alloys. Could silver alloys be used for TC?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :cheers:

VU Sponsors