Become a Patron!

Drone DNA250C LEAKS

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hope you can all see the pictures clearly, the mod works perfectly but with this flaw I am really annoyed this is on top of the battery door constantly opening up when I squonk and had to learn to use my pinky to squonk without hitting door and opening it

LEAKS LEAKS LEAKS up to the positive post of my battery terminal

I am using a KRMA Atomizer with it.

Attachments

• RESIZED DRONE 1.jpg
    RESIZED DRONE 1.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 119
  • RESIZED DRONE 2.jpg
    RESIZED DRONE 2.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 115

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks! Makes you wonder how much is actually inside. Have you tried another atty on there?

I'd contact Lost Vape and Evolv. Although it's not a chip issue someone on here had a 510 problem that Evolv fixed for them.

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That sucks! Makes you wonder how much is actually inside. Have you tried another atty on there?

I'd contact Lost Vape and Evolv. Although it's not a chip issue someone on here had a 510 problem that Evolv fixed for them.

I am using a krma rda on it and will try to use another one today to see if it happens again I just kept it the whole day in the dry box to dry out those nooks and crannies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try to dry it all out and slip a tiny oeimg around the 510 pin in the mod. That should stop any further leakage but Id definitely email evolv. That seems to be a common issue with them. I've seen a lot of therions do that unfortunately

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a Drone yesterday, haven't seen this happening yet but I will certainly keep an eye on that!

Also, I have not had an issue with the battery door that many are reporting. But, I've been tending to flip the mod around in my hand to squonk with my thumb, and then flip it back around to fire with my thumb.

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You could try to dry it all out and slip a tiny oeimg around the 510 pin in the mod. That should stop any further leakage but Id definitely email evolv. That seems to be a common issue with them. I've seen a lot of therions do that unfortunately

I did that tonight and vaping for 2hrs now and looks promising will keep you posted too

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just got a Drone yesterday, haven't seen this happening yet but I will certainly keep an eye on that!

Also, I have not had an issue with the battery door that many are reporting. But, I've been tending to flip the mod around in my hand to squonk with my thumb, and then flip it back around to fire with my thumb.

Yeah i use my other hands pinky now and door stills fumble around

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I emailed Lost vape and I dont like the answer I got, a super brand new unit will be repaired? NO WAY !!!!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I emailed Lost vape and I dont like the answer I got, a super brand new unit will be repaired? NO WAY !!!!
Yeah, I'd be looking for a replacement as well. At the end of the day, maybe them repairing it would end up being the best since this has been a known Drone issue in the past and if they sent you a brand new one it might leak too. I'm just trying to put a positive outlook on the worst case scenario here ;)

Good luck, keep us informed on how you make out

Last edited:

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just got an email from another of their Staff named Rob, and he is telling me for repair, I am challenging it now. If this is going to be the trend then this is my last Lost Vape product I think.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which color versions of the Drone do all you have, that have the door-popping-off issue? I got the SS/Black, and the door is actually kinda difficult to get off. Not being an LV apologist by any means, I wonder if one of the color combos is more prone to this than others?

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Which color versions of the Drone do all you have, that have the door-popping-off issue? I got the SS/Black, and the door is actually kinda difficult to get off. Not being an LV apologist by any means, I wonder if one of the color combos is more prone to this than others?

All Black Drone

Hope you can all see the pictures clearly, the mod works perfectly but with this flaw I am really annoyed this is on top of the battery door constantly opening up when I squonk and had to learn to use my pinky to squonk without hitting door and opening it

Mine does the exact same thing. I have tried sherman 25 and sherman 28, wotofo profile and squonky kong rbas. I put new hose and pneumatic clamps to replace the oring steel ones used. The hose that came with it had a hole in it. But it still leaks out of the bottom of the rubber stump the 510 pin goes through. Its very frustrating. I dont know how to fix it??

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mine does the exact same thing. I have tried sherman 25 and sherman 28, wotofo profile and squonky kong rbas. I put new hose and pneumatic clamps to replace the oring steel ones used. The hose that came with it had a hole in it. But it still leaks out of the bottom of the rubber stump the 510 pin goes through. Its very frustrating. I dont know how to fix it??

Hi can you post pics for visual

upload_2019-4-4_9-26-50.jpeg

Here are some images, trying to get the pneumatic clamp uplaoded.

James[/QUOTE]
I removed the batteries and did a squonk in it right before i left for work to see if i can get it to drip down the possitive battery post closest to the board. I will take a pic when i get home ifnits drooling. My fix for this will probably be putting masking tape on the battery positive side and dripping super glue in the gap or just sealing the whole connection side with hot glue. To creat a seal.

Here are some images, trying to get the pneumatic clamp uplaoded.

James[/QUOTE]

upload_2019-4-5_10-35-19.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-35-55.jpeg

Ok,

I seem to have fixed the leak with the new hose, pneumatic clamps, super glue “gel” and an oring from the avocado rta plug that makes it a single coil build.
1). I installed a new 4mm od x 2mm id hose and used 4mm pneumatic clamps.
2). I then used super glue gel and a tooth pick to seal the top of the battery sled where the wires from the board connect.
3). I found a 2mm oring that was flat enough but had enough gerth to slip over the top of the post where the rda connects to the 510 bf pin.

I have been using it for about an hour and the tops of my batteries are still dry and no juice is leaking down the airspace on the terminal posts.

upload_2019-4-5_10-35-55.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-35-19.jpeg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 135260 View attachment 135261
Ok,

I seem to have fixed the leak with the new hose, pneumatic clamps, super glue “gel” and an oring from the avocado rta plug that makes it a single coil build.
2). I then used super glue gel and a tooth pick to seal the top of the battery sled where the wires from the board connect.
3). I found a 2mm oring that was flat enough but had enough gerth to slip over the top of the post where the rda connects to the 510 bf pin.

I have been using it for about an hour and the tops of my batteries are still dry and no juice is leaking down the airspace on the terminal posts.

View attachment 135261 View attachment 135260
Did you try and have Lost Vape repair it for you? Just curious, although I commend you for the fix that you were able to do, I don't think that should be an issue on a new mod.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought the black/black version. The door was always tight to remove, the issue for me was that little piece of the door under the bottle that popped out when squonking. Since that piece is so small, the rest of the door would remain in place, but constantly putting the small part of the door back in place drove me nuts.

upload_2019-4-5_10-45-46.jpeg 17C6D1F3-E59C-446D-AB87-9AA7B9C332A9.jpeg
Ok,

More images
Ok,

More images

Attachments

• 01F4EC6C-7D60-4F0F-9CC8-EBF5BC880BB5.jpeg
    01F4EC6C-7D60-4F0F-9CC8-EBF5BC880BB5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
I bought the black/black version. The door was always tight to remove, the issue for me was that little piece of the door under the bottle that popped out when squonking. Since that piece is so small, the rest of the door would remain in place, but constantly putting the small part of the door back in place drove me nuts.
This was an issue that mike vapes and jai haze both commented on when reviewing lte last year. Jai haze said the original drones metal door fir more securely. I wish there was a place to buy just that metal door.

James

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Although it's not a chip issue someone on here had a 510 problem that Evolv fixed for them.
This ^

Evolv is known for fixing mods that have their board, even if they are out of manuf warranty. For a mod with DNA I would call them first(USA) and see if I could get them to fix it.

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My hose was clipped by the sharp edges of a plastic inside, and had to shorten the hose to skip the hole.

Put the clamp back on, and now is not leaking am happy with the Drone now.

I just need those metal doors for the Drone now, the poly one really sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_5262.jpg
    IMG_5262.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5263.jpg
    IMG_5263.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5264.jpg
    IMG_5264.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5265.jpg
    IMG_5265.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5267.jpg
    IMG_5267.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5269.jpg
    IMG_5269.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 87

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This was an issue that mike vapes and jai haze both commented on when reviewing lte last year. Jai haze said the original drones metal door fir more securely. I wish there was a place to buy just that metal door.

James

where do you think we can buy that?

cxray999

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

It is still driving me nuts, for paying a lot of money for something this inferior.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok,

Really helpful info thanks cookinwood :cheers:

Ok,

Made an account to thank you for the solution to my problem, leaking like a mofo since day one, opened it up, cleaned it out added the Avocado o-ring and so far so good! What a result was about to return it! Lifesaver mate.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered an ultem and stainless Drone from eightvape for 47 bucks after shipping, being well aware of the leaking and other issues. That's 30 less than the 250C board and screen alone. This thread will be helpful in getting it squared away before I even use it.

I recently got the drone knowing of the leaking issues .. hoped I would be lucky and it wouldn’t leak on me but sure enough 4 days in it was liquid coming in to the bay .. pulled it apart and found a pinhole in the tube at the 510.. cut it a little shorter and replaced thinking I had it outsmarted .. couple days later more liquid .. read about this o ring and I didn’t have anything small enough so what I did was cut a small piece of tube off the top of the squonk bottle tube and slip it over the510 pin.. so far so good !
Thought I would post for anyone having the issue without access to tiny o rings

Attachments

• A2F35851-FBA6-4B5E-933A-FFC88B8B16B1.jpeg
    A2F35851-FBA6-4B5E-933A-FFC88B8B16B1.jpeg
    916.7 KB · Views: 16
  • E38D91F6-7C81-46B0-939F-57E7ACDF7A89.jpeg
    E38D91F6-7C81-46B0-939F-57E7ACDF7A89.jpeg
    863.3 KB · Views: 13

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
well, wouldn' ya know it, mine is leaking. i was using it a few weeks ago. then i just set it aside, took the atty off. just now i thought i should take the batteries out of it. then i found it wet mostly on the batteries.

I did email lost vape and they basically told me nothing they can do about it and this model has been discontinued ... didn’t it just come out like last year ? lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not good enough ...they should be owning this problem, send out a fix kit to people or offering a fix for people ....I do know stealthvape in the uk started being a repair centre for lost vape not sure if there is anyone stateside though

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my Drone for a couple months now. I'm not throwing it in anybody else's face, but I have not had one drop of leaking. Not even in the bottle compartment. My chip has a fairly recent manufacture date. They must have fixed the 510 issue.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my Drone for a couple months now. I'm not throwing it in anybody else's face, but I have not had one drop of leaking. Not even in the bottle compartment. My chip has a fairly recent manufacture date. They must have fixed the 510 issue.

I've had mine for a while. Zero leaking. The one "issue" I have with mine, sometimes the door pops loose when squonking... I've figured out that it is because sometimes the squonk bottle will swell when being pressed, due to some pressure if the liquid is thick because of High VG content, or if the BF hole on the atomizer is narrow. Not a big deal at all. I really dig the Drone.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, wouldn' ya know it, mine is leaking. i was using it a few weeks ago. then i just set it aside, took the atty off. just now i thought i should take the batteries out of it. then i found it wet mostly on the batteries.
I don't know. Mine's been in the rotation since I got it. Today I refilled the bottle, rewicked the Axial and changed the batteries. Literally not a drop anywhere.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had mine for a while. Zero leaking. The one "issue" I have with mine, sometimes the door pops loose when squonking... I've figured out that it is because sometimes the squonk bottle will swell when being pressed, due to some pressure if the liquid is thick because of High VG content, or if the BF hole on the atomizer is narrow. Not a big deal at all. I really dig the Drone.
Yeah, the door isn't perfect, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't know. Mine's been in the rotation since I got it. Today I refilled the bottle, rewicked the Axial and changed the batteries. Literally not a drop anywhere.

i believe yours is a newr one, perhapss they fixed them , perhaps not, idk. i decided to not fix mine. idk where to get such a small clamp and i am not going to bother looking for one. i have enough squonks. just using this one as a mod is just fine my me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i believe yours is a newr one, perhapss they fixed them , perhaps not, idk. i decided to not fix mine. idk where to get such a small clamp and i am not going to bother looking for one. i have enough squonks. just using this one as a mod is just fine my me.
Lost vape has been sending out replacement 510 assemblies if you wanted to try that.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Couldn't you just use like 28ga wire and use it like a twist tie? I mean, use a little pliers obviously. Or you could try to find mini zip ties. I know those exist.

I got one back around Black Friday but haven't used it. I will probably inspect it the best I can before using it. This thread has good info. Thanks everyone.

VU Sponsors