Become a Patron!

Drone Squonker

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone gotten this thing to squonk better easier without getting blisters on your thumb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone gotten this thing to squonk better easier without getting blisters on your thumb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not me.

Replace the stock bottle with a soft Italian as per recommendation of @inspects - only a slight improvement

I have small lady fingers and still have troubles with it :confused:

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not me.

Replace the stock bottle with a soft Italian as per recommendation of @inspects - only a slight improvement

I have small lady fingers and still have troubles with it :confused:

I've gotten mine to work better with a Lukos silk bottle. Pricey little buggers, but I like them in that mod. Squonk action is still slow though because it has so much extra tubing and a 90 degree elbow to work it's way through. I might have an extra if you don't have one and want to try it, JL. Just let me know. I can either pop it in the mail or bring it up to you, but you'd have to swing by Seward or Anchorage as I'm passing through in August!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've gotten mine to work better with a Lukos silk bottle. Pricey little buggers, but I like them in that mod. Squonk action is still slow though because it has so much extra tubing and a 90 degree elbow to work it's way through. I might have an extra if you don't have one and want to try it, JL. Just let me know. I can either pop it in the mail or bring it up to you, but you'd have to swing by Seward or Anchorage as I'm passing through in August!

Hey - you never know!

Been passing through Anchorage a lot more than is healthy lately :giggle:

What's happening in Seward?

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey - you never know!

Been passing through Anchorage a lot more than is healthy lately :giggle:

What's happening in Seward?

We are taking a cruise up the inside passage, so those are the last couple ports. I've never been to Seward yet, but I've been to Anchorage many times, as well as up around Fairbanks. I used to travel up there for work, and took a couple other trips to Chena Springs for dogsledding and aurora watching. Shoot, I've even ventured up as far as Beaver. My wife has never seen Alaska, so I wanted to bring her up and show her the pretty.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We are taking a cruise up the inside passage, so those are the last couple ports. I've never been to Seward yet, but I've been to Anchorage many times, as well as up around Fairbanks. I used to travel up there for work, and took a couple other trips to Chena Springs for dogsledding and aurora watching. Shoot, I've even ventured up as far as Beaver. My wife has never seen Alaska, so I wanted to bring her up and show her the pretty.

Ha, I have been to Beaver - a little off track there, lol

I'm in Valdez now

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha, I have been to Beaver - a little off track there, lol

I'm in Valdez now

lol! Yeah, way off track! The last time I was there was early March about 10 years ago. It was a bit chilly! One of the residents made me a bear burger. Here are some of the 'leftovers':Events - 00443.JPG

It was quite an experience!

Valdez is beautiful! But alas, a bit of a hike to either Seward or Anchorage! So I guess mail would be the best bet if you decide you want that lukos!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@JuicyLucy did you get those modmaker bottles through are they as supple as the Italian ones?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy did you get those modmaker bottles through are they as supple as the Italian ones?

Yeah, they are a little softer

I like the knurled tops better and the stock tubing is way better than the cheap crap they started using in the expensive Italians ones

All in all, I'm happy with them - and were a tad less expensive after shipping from here to there

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah, they are a little softer

I like the knurled tops better and the stock tubing is way better than the cheap crap they started using in the expensive Italians ones

All in all, I'm happy with them - and were a tad less expensive after shipping from here to there

Nice! :) so was reading above you reckon even with the softer bottle in this is still a tough squonk?

Seems ok for me with the modmaker bottles

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I to understand that the GBOX S100 is a better design (though maybe not a better mod) than the Drone and at 1/2 the Drone price? Unfortunately the GBox is discontinued and they're supposed to come out with a new squonk mod soon. I'm still tempted to get the GB S100 if I can find it....

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
I take the door off. Lol. Will try the Fastech bottles when they come through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fcf7348d650eb4827c2427ae57d04544.jpg

The Fasttech bottles are freaking awesome in the Drone. Some might say it's too soft. But compared to what came with the Drone, this is just so much easier to Squonk.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/7762300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Haven't found the S100 available anywhere and heard bad stuff about the Kanger. Of the three which do ya'll prefer? Assuming you've used them lol.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VU Sponsors