Become a Patron!

Dropped Box Mod

Jonny15678

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a sigeli 150w Box Mod that fell off my table onto my carpet about 2, 2 and half ft off the table. I had my tank attached and everything. My box mod works and there isn't any noticible damage. But could something have been damaged or am I over worrying. How strong are these box mods?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped mine a couple feet from coffee table onto carpet( that darned cat...) but I too have had no problems. Batteries fit tight and secure and tank fits snug in 510 connection. Might shake it a little and listen for rattle.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've dropped my 100 several times, worst was a fall of about 4' to asphalt. Still working fine.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never dropped mine (knock on wood), but my KBox met its demise to a concrete floor about three weeks ago. Another idiot knocked my IPv4 off onto the same concrete floor at work, hit so hard the batteries went flying, but it's still working like a champ. You're good, no worries. ;)

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Mine has survived a fall from atop a 12 foot ladder on to concrete and several other falls without an issue. So long as it's working normally you should be ok.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped mine off the grill shelf onto cement, broke the tank right off, mod was scuffed up, but works fine

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, I'm late to this party... I made a stand out of a lazy Susan and cork coasters from IKEA, super cheap, and pretty nice btw. I was being an idiot last night and instead of spinning the stand as I designed it to do, I reached for some juice or an atty, don't remember, and knocked my iPV Mini 2, authentic vanilla, 4Nine clone, and my iPV3 Li right off the table about 2.5 feet onto carpet. No visible damage, no rattling, batteries are good. At least for now, I think it's good, though. Scared the shit out of me. I've literally never even knocked a mod over. I've had somone else knock one over, but no me. Had to happen. It had a tank on it, it's fine too. Thankfully the tank had a vape band, so no broken glass.

From no drops ever to four mods at once... That's talent.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i drop a mod every other day

my d2 has survied oh 10 drop son concrete 20 drops on hard wood
5 drops on a parking lot asphalt

the ipv 3li has taken a couple drops on the hardwood floor

and the 2 istick 30s have survived at least 100 drops a piece between asphalt,hardwood and concrete.

they have a few nicks in the finish but thats all

sure if i drop them the right way they may break, but the point is a good mod is tougher then most think.

Now the glass tank on my maganus is a whole different story 3 in a month with a vape band on it

Jonny15678

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I'm late to this party... I made a stand out of a lazy Susan and cork coasters from IKEA, super cheap, and pretty nice btw. I was being an idiot last night and instead of spinning the stand as I designed it to do, I reached for some juice or an atty, don't remember, and knocked my iPV Mini 2, authentic vanilla, 4Nine clone, and my iPV3 Li right off the table about 2.5 feet onto carpet. No visible damage, no rattling, batteries are good. At least for now, I think it's good, though. Scared the shit out of me. I've literally never even knocked a mod over. I've had somone else knock one over, but no me. Had to happen. It had a tank on it, it's fine too. Thankfully the tank had a vape band, so no broken glass.

From no drops ever to four mods at once... That's talent.

Wow I would be paranoid if something like that happend to me, Good to hear they all still work.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think you might have taken that whole, "Anything worth doing is worth doing well" thing a bit too far. :D
That's the truth..., lol. All is working fine still, so I think I'm good. I was kinda pissed last night, and you're right, I sure did a good job. I think I lucked out, but it wasn't that far a fall, and it was carpet. It does make me remember how much more robust mechs are.

VU Sponsors