Become a Patron!

dry burn question

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using 80vg/20pg and was wondering how often I need to dry burn my coils. I want to keep it in tip top shape.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do that, or swap out wicking when the taste becomes a bit muted. But, I'm using rayon, previously cotton. For me, when I had stock coils, that would be about twice a week, sometimes more. I like sweet vapes and they tend to cause gunking a little faster.

Overall, if the flavor is less than "omg yum!" I was cleaning them.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pretty much the same as Huckleberried with me also. I re-wick a two/three times a week if I am using the same flavor all week. It seems like the cotton (muji soon to be Ko Gen Do and rayon until I find what I like) gets to a point where there isn't much flavor and I have to drip more often, that's when I change it out.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like they said, when the taste starts to get muted. It will depend on the juice, how hot you vape at and how often you vape.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
With my standard 70/30 mix of PG/VG I do it about every 10 ml of liquid.

Lord only knows what your mix is doing to the coils?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most of my mixes are 80/20 and some leave a lot more residue than others. Also, some flavors are just stronger so I don't notice the muted flavor as early. Still, I change flavors so often, I don't know how long it would take to have to clean the coils but I have gone through 60ml in the last week and haven't had to clean the coils.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use high vg juice and re-wick pretty much the same way as @Huckleberried . When I change wicks I do a couple of pulses to burn off the residual wet juice but that is it. I've never once had any sort of build-up since the days of open coils in my gennies. Even now, I do micros on my genesis attys.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When they look gunky or the flavor starts to go off. I do it every couple tankfulls on a kayfun and every time I change out wicks in a dripper. Takes 10 seconds. Not much of a big deal on rebuildables. I don't tend to change coils once I have a build I like in an atty. I have a stainless mesh build that gets dry burnt all the time because I use it for sampling juices I have mixed.

VU Sponsors