Dry herb wax vaporizers are NOT Allowed anywhere in this Forum

Discussion in 'Sales & Promotions' started by SMOKIE, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Dry herb wax vaporizers are NOT Allowed anywhere in this Forum, we are a vaping forum of using liquid e-Juice Only!

2. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Isn't wax a liquid with a very high viscosity? :)

Anyway, just kidding. Only bees vape wax...

CashNVape likes this.
  3. Tripster

Tripster Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    They have specific forums for Dry Herb Vaporizers...

cherrycakes likes this.
  4. Damwow

Damwow Vapor's Dream Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I agree @SMOKIE, recently a one of the columbus, Ohio news stations was previewing their story about the cloud 9 issue in Mi, they showed a picture of what was clearly an ecig with an eliquid clearo on top and mentioned, while the picture was up that these "Dry Herb" vaporizers were also being used by teens to smoke ***. My mother saw the same story on TV, calls me and says doesn't it worry you as a teacher that people will think you do drugs? We live in a small town with very few people that know anything about vaping, you just don't see people doing it in this small rural community. There are enough uneducated people out there will assume vaping =. Drugs without news stories like this!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  5. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    No shit, I agree the stupids eat the media garbage up hook line and sinker without any actual thought.

CashNVape and Damwow like this.
  6. MKPM

MKPM AMG Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thank you @SMOKIE! Discussions of such things only serve to drive this movement into the hands of those in governmental servitude.

Celtic Fog and Tripster like this.
  7. TheDude

TheDude Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Hybrid devices that are "dual" use are on the horizon and are inevitable...I don't see why a "ban" is necessary in the discussion of such devices. Open discussion helps promote education and negate disinformation in differentiating the vapor community from users that have alternative uses for said devices. That being said, if the concern is that illegal substances used in these devices will besmirch the vapor community and laws will be broken discussing illegal activity; legal medical usage is becoming prevalent in more and more municipalities around the world and stigmas are being broken on a continual basis.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  8. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    Reason enough. As long as it is illegal in the federal lawmakers eyes....it is illegal period. Even though it has been legalised in some states, the USA is a set of devolved states where individual legislative powers are at the whim of the federal government, and can be superseded at will. Before anyone reading this disputes it....take the time to read up on devolution and devolved governments. I am from Scotland, and even though it has a devolved parliament, England can disband it with a stroke of the pen.

Tripster likes this.
  9. TheDude

Blog Posts:
    In the United States we have the 1st amendment to the constitution, freedom of speech; there is nothing illegal about discussion.

10. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    Discussion is one thing. Unless I am mistaken, @SMOKIE did not state that discussion was banned. Promoting the product and/or marketing such product and/or reselling such product IS. Again, I am sure that if I am incorrect, it will be pointed out and I will sit corrected (as I am in fact seated).

OB61887, VapingJunkie and Tripster like this.
  11. Tripster

Tripster Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Internet isn't the USA.

VapinChevy and MKPM like this.
  12. TheDude

Blog Posts:
    The above reply was in reference to @franciscan 's specific intelligent, well thought out, and precise statement regarding the United States:

But thanks for the lesson, anyway. Your statement supports my original comment:

If this is an international forum, discussion regarding what's legal and what's not will vary greatly from individual municipalities... So, um yeah... What you said "Internet isn't the USA".

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  13. Giraut

Blog Posts:
    That's not even the issue: VU is a private venue, and whatever VaporJoe / moderators say goes. If they don't want you to talk about something here, you don't talk about it, period. The same way I have a right to tell you what you can't say in my house, and I'd kick out if you don't obey, even though you retain your 1st amendment rights to say whatever you want on the sidewalk.

14. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    It was truly an honour.....truly.

Tripster likes this.
  15. TheDude

Blog Posts:
    Lol, I was responding to Tripster :)

16. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    He is honoured as well
    [​IMG]

Tripster likes this.
  17. fq06

fq06 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Omg! Gouge my eyes out with a pen! Thank god there wasn't a sound track with that lol.

I saw the no herb talk when I signed up. Whatever, like giraut said, it's Joe's house.

VapinChevy, rjmara, Whiskey and 2 others like this.
  18. TheDude

Blog Posts:
    You're sending me hearts and kisses? Well, now, I'm honoured...

MKPM likes this.
  19. TheDude

Blog Posts:

Yep, Joe's house...here he is talking about it on the main page of his blog:

"On the flip side one "prominent" vaper told me at VCCTN "to control temperature is a way to enter the dry herb market".
    It did make me raise my eyebrow for a moment."

20. fq06

Blog Posts:
    Ha ha! You're right! I saw that earlier today and thought... hmmm... but I thought...

Funny thing is I haven't noticed anyone really talk about it. This is the most conversation I have seen about herb and it took a don't talk about herb thread to get it started lol.

21. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    Nowhere in the thread title or OP does it say no "talking" about it. This is the "Sales and Promotions" subforum.

22. TheDude

Blog Posts:

Lol, yes, finally someone with some common sense. I don't really have a dog in this fight, could care less...been years since I smoked herb, makes me paranoid. I'm more about non censorship, which, I believe the spirit of this forum was founded on.

Hell, next thing you know there will be a forum that will ban people for talking about clones and censoring the mention of specific individuals...oh, wait, there already is a forum that does that. ;)

cherrycakes, MKPM and VapingJunkie like this.
  23. fq06

Blog Posts:
    True @franciscan
    Further off topic but on topic... kind of then.
    "No Drug related pics, videos or posts please"

The rules just gives the blanket policy of just nothing about it. I read "posts" as nothing discussed, linked, pic... post encompasses all. I would see that as no selling it as well, those that are selling are no captain perceptive.

TheDude likes this.
  24. TheDude

Blog Posts:
    "NOT allowed anywhere in this forum" not thread. I may have misunderstood the OP's title...if so, disregard my comments.

25. Egzoset

Egzoset Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Salutations,

Although i have no wish to question a legitimate wish to avoid controversy from the late politic turmoil over e-Cigs alone my point would be that batteries cause some concern of their own, starting with me who's been too afraid to pursue with more experiments. There are potential solutions that some day could be made "e-Liquid specific" which do not have to rely on electricity or even fire, which is why i need to know if such discussion(s) shall be banned as a result of their "hybrid" nature, since as seen from my standpoint all options ain't been explored yet.

For example, how about vaping e-Liquid simply by pulling the nylon cable of a yoyo-shaped vaporizer meant to be operated practically anywhere on earth? Using mechanical energy instead of batteries...

:D

26. MKPM

Blog Posts:
    ?????????????????????????? Interesting, if not completely irrelevant to the topic.......on that note, bedtime for me.

VapingJunkie likes this.
  27. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'll post this in case it wasn't seen

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/

Forum rules

This is a forum for adults, there will be cussing, there will be sexual innuendos.
    If you find something offensive, you are able to ignore the poster.

Rules:

Be an Adult!

No Drug related pics, videos or posts please,

No belittling,

No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times.

anendeloflorien, MKPM and Tripster like this.
  28. Giraut

Blog Posts:
    Not to nitpick or anything, but isn't nicotine technically a drug? Like caffeine, chocolate or fatty foods... Hell, air even: I have an unshakable addiction to air :)

Mikea262 likes this.
  29. VapingJunkie

VapingJunkie Down with the Clown Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    There's a big difference between a drug and an illegal drug. Joe never said we can't talk about coffee, or cigarettes.
    We're all here because of the great environment, so it behooves us to play by his rules.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

MKPM likes this.
  30. VapedCrusader

VapedCrusader Custard Junkie Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Someone brought it up already but I feel the need to mention again that Joe did specifically bring up the 'dry herb market' when referencing the temp controlled chips..which will obviously lead to discussions about it .. So it's only ok to discuss when a mod brings up the topic?

VapingJunkie likes this.
  31. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Ugh technically it is legal now depending upon where you live

Fishee likes this.
  32. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    @VapedCrusader @TheDude
    Joe may own this site but has put some of us in charge of making decisions on what belongs in this forum or not, and the temp control chips are still in the controversy stage where some believe it was intended for e-juice, debates will continue.
    @cherrycakes Ugh is still a federal crime, and this is a vaping forum Period!

@Giraut yes nicotine is a Legal drug, and is used in liquid in e-juice to help us off analogs. Lets be adults, and understand once again this is a vaping forum, and post what is related to vaping e-juice.

Bottom line here this is a vaping forum for those who use ecigs as a alternative to tobacco products Not Anything else, but there will always be some controversy when new products are developed being labeled as a ecig like the temp control chip which may or may not have dual uses. So it will be at the desecration of the VU leadership team to decide what is allowed in this forum.

Dry herb wax vaporizers can be discussed as a debate Only! But NO Advertisement, sales, trades, etc or pics of Dry herb wax vaporizers in this forum.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum rules

This is a forum for adults, there will be cussing, there will be sexual innuendos.
    If you find something offensive, you are able to ignore the poster.

Rules:

Be an Adult!

No Drug related pics, videos or posts please,

No belittling,

No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times.

Damwow, B-RAD, dave/jayce and 4 others like this.
  33. Steam Powered

Steam Powered

Blog Posts:
    So Joe and crew don't want dry herd wax/mod posts in the forum. I'm cool with that.
    I came here to learn more about vaping juice and to find good deals, and I have, for free.
    So yea, if ya wanna do the herb thing there's other sources. So just go there and fuggedaboudit! No bigge.

34. kelli

kelli Vapid Vapetress Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    oh we have to be adults? never saw that before. well crap. [​IMG]

MD_Boater, rjmara, Celtic Fog and 2 others like this.
  35. Giraut

Blog Posts:
    Relax my friend, I was just kidding.

36. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    This is one of the very, very few rules that VU actually has.

That being said, lets just adhere to the rule and the spirit of the rule and quit splitting hairs.

[​IMG]

InMyImage and MKPM like this.
  37. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
  38. kelli

kelli Vapid Vapetress Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    is that by chance....a nose hair???
    BOOGER!

39. VapedCrusader

VapedCrusader Custard Junkie Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I don't think its really splitting hairs.. the thread was obviously created to address a topic and start a discussion - which people are doing.. otherwise the comments would be disabled on it.. Smokie addressed peoples concerns which is awesome. I totally agree that this isn't the forum for that type of stuff anyways.

VapingJunkie likes this.
  40. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Of course it is!

MKPM and kelli like this.
  41. ghost62

ghost62 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Not my forum- just my two cents...
    I am personally for keeping ALL mention of wax/dry herb use off this forum.
    Blurring the lines plays into the hands of those trying to regulate vaping out of existence.
    Or, just as bad, allowing only the sale of pre-filled cartridges produced by big tobacco...

Steam Powered, MKPM, UncleRJ and 4 others like this.
  42. dave/jayce

dave/jayce Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Thats the last thing i need back in my life......jus sayin.....thanks smokie for helping it stay far far away, i love this forum and what it has become in my life. I would hate to see if become a fond memory.

VapinChevy, VapingJunkie and Damwow like this.
  43. Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston

Blog Posts:

Small minds. Do you live in New England by any chance? The biggest thing I hear around here is that "They are going to use them to s***".

If you can get a 510 or even an eGo to vape hard enough to vaporize ***or Wax, I wanna see it.

44. Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston

Blog Posts:
    Or, better yet, a BLU or other Cigalike sold in the convenience stores...

45. Damwow

Damwow Vapor's Dream Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    No, ohio. Small rural town and it just has not caught on here. We have a horrible heroin problem here, and I posted awhile back about how one of the school districts brought in 2 secret agents, one FBI, and one DEA, they but on a a few presentations, in the morning all of the ares school districts went, then social workers, hospital employees and such and then it was open to the public. They were very educational, however they did have an eqo on their table of ways kids were doing drugs and specified vaping! I learned a lot but wish they would have clearified that!

46. Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston

Blog Posts:
    About the same here. Bad -------problem, so the ANTZ focus on how e cigs can be used for ------.

The only dopes I see are the ANTZ...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  47. InMyImage

InMyImage Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I respect the rule, but it is disappointing that dry herb is always relegated to the illegal kind without recognizing their use for aromatherapy to replace desktop vaporizers.

As someone who suffers from chronic insomnia, I've been trying to research ways to vape herbs like chammomile and lavender without the combustion currently used by dry herb atomizers. There is a new product on the market that has an atomizer that uses a sort of oven in addition to the ones for eliquids, but they have had some production and delivery issues so I went with the EVOD.

That being said, I understand that Joe does not want that side of the vaping coin on his forum and like someone else said, his house, his rules.

Bill

48. Aquaman

Aquaman Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Bummer! I vape green tea (relaxation) and mulberry leaf (diabetes) on a daily basis. They both have good throat hits, have no nicotine, and are good for the cessation of ciggies.

49. OB61887

OB61887 Am I saying meow? Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    But it is Legal in Washington!!! I quite this stuff in college because it made me stupid, but I know some people who do it. Still, if discussing it is allowed, I'm all for not allowing the advertising or sale of such products.

50. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes.. Its legal recreationally in Washington State and Colorado... And medically in like 33 other states..

cherrycakes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.