Become a Patron!

Dual 18650 batt parallel mod under $100

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there a mod that is parallel and not in series. something like the vapor flask. i dont need crazy watts. anything with 60 to 80 watts that has 2 batteries that is decently priced. and if there isnt any for $100 or less whats out there with more. currently using the sigelei 150 and i love it, absolute work horse but id like something that lasts a lil longer. pic for attention

11787317_994579633925734_1727921554_n.jpg

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
if you are interested in a mechanical box the abaddon is an amazing duel 18650 parallel box and its around $40 on ebay. i have one and i love it

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you are interested in a mechanical box the abaddon is an amazing duel 18650 parallel box and its around $40 on ebay. i have one and i love it
I would prefer a regulated parallel 18650 box. Thank you for the info on the abaddon tho.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape E-Square
and
Lost Vape Tan Plus (I love the look of this 1)

Cheers,
Steve

Edit They are not inexpensive, I wish I could get the Tan Plus for under $100 ;)
Edit 2 I know they are not exactly what you are looking for (40 watts and over $100) but you also wanted to see whats out there and they are two 18650's in parallel mods

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wont get better battery from a series box compared to your sigelei 150. A sigelei 150 is pretty much as good as battery life gets.

Last edited:

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You wont get better battery from a series box compared to your sigelei 150. A sigelei 150 is pretty much as good as battery life gets.
Im wanting a prallel box and it HAS to have longer life, prallel doubles the mah, series doubles the volts.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lost Vape E-Square
and
Lost Vape Tan Plus (I love the look of this 1)

Cheers,
Steve

Edit They are not inexpensive, I wish I could get the Tan Plus for under $100 ;)
Edit 2 I know they are not exactly what you are looking for (40 watts and over $100) but you also wanted to see whats out there and they are two 18650's in parallel mods
Thank you, i love the look of the square one. I just wish it was more powerful

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really digging on the Project SubOhm Project Square right now. Only downside is that it's only 50W so below your specs.
This just might be what i was looking for. Its 10 watts shy so i cant use my .3 ohm atlantis coils but my other tanks should do fine :D

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Istick 100w I've seen under $40, not sure about battery configuration tho.
This is perfect except i want to wait for quality control issues. This is wired in parallel.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope. It doesn't last longer. You'll see.

what you are saying does not make sense. i had a vaporshark which is parallel and at 40 watts with the .5 ohm atlantis head it lasted WAY longer than the sigelei using the same wattage and same coil. its just science. two 18650s in series becomes 8.4 volts but stays at 2500 mah, those same batteries in parallel now stay at 4.2 volts but become 5000 mah. with all due respect, you should probably research a little more before you give wrong info to people.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chip steps down the voltage and steps up the current (amps). The only real difference you should notice would be if one chip is more efficient than the other. Most good chips run somewhere between 92-97% efficient

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Factually you are both wrong. In a perfect world they would have the same battery life if the circuit board has the same efficiency. The fact is a DNA40 has a low voltage cutoff of 3.1V and is slightly more efficient that the Sigelei which has a low voltage cutoff of 6.4V, or 3.2V per cell. You are able to use more of the batteries capacity with the DNA mod which also makes better use of that capacity.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is perfect except i want to wait for quality control issues. This is wired in parallel.

Yeah I know eleaf had some issues with the 50w, never really saw any with the 30 but there were some with the original 20 as well, which I still have and still use not so much now that I've gone subohm tho. All the reviews praised it, but that said reviewers who get sent stuff weekly don't get to test the longevity of anything, 2 days vape time isn't a good indicator of durability.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what you are saying does not make sense. i had a vaporshark which is parallel and at 40 watts with the .5 ohm atlantis head it lasted WAY longer than the sigelei using the same wattage and same coil. its just science. two 18650s in series becomes 8.4 volts but stays at 2500 mah, those same batteries in parallel now stay at 4.2 volts but become 5000 mah. with all due respect, you should probably research a little more before you give wrong info to people.
Nope. You wrong

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Parallel box mods dont last any longer than a single cell in a single cell mod..Your battery will split the amp load but its still 2100 mah or 2500 mah or whatever...I have one and i go through 2 batteries the same time i go through one on a tube mech mod..The only way to increase vaping time is with a series configuration such as the sigelei 150 you have now...so two 2500 mah batteries will give you 5000mah and the same amps as one cell is rated.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
joyetech evic vt 5k mAh does 60 watts and does tc. uses some Lipo's works pretty good.
with regulated mods and batteries its crazy to understand but honestly unless its a mechanical mod you won't see a huge difference.
@BoomStick may be able to better explain it.

Last edited:

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only way to increase vaping time is with a series configuration such as the sigelei 150 you have now...so two 2500 mah batteries will give you 5000mah and the same amps as one cell is rated.

No no no you have it backwards its when its parallel that it doubles mah. Just google series vs parallel battery
388a83e52194563f246212c220c1b2d7.jpg

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
joyetech evic vt 5k mAh does 60 watts and does tc. uses some Lipo's works pretty good.
with regulated mods and batteries its crazy to understand but honestly unless its a mechanical mod you won't see a huge difference.
@BoomStick may be able to better explain it.
Not sure why i didnt even think of the evic vt. Do you know if they've fixed the firing too hot and it jumping out of temp control?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, im not exactly sure why my parallel hammond mech box doesnt last any longer than one battery in my tube mech mods with the same atty or tank on them.

Would be nice to know why.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, im not exactly sure why my parallel hammond mech box doesnt last any longer than one battery in my tube mech mods with the same atty or tank on them.

For me its opposite. Drippers last twice as long on my dimitri and castigador boxes than on my mechs. If i leave the house with a tube mech i have to take an extra batt, i can go all day with my mech boxes.

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure why i didnt even think of the evic vt. Do you know if they've fixed the firing too hot and it jumping out of temp control?

Mine hasn't jumped out of temp control yet. its one of the newer ones, the firing to hot was in the low watts range if I remember correctly. it's on pbusardo's youtube channel.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not that I own one but one of the reviewers and I do not remember who said his only dropped out of tc on super low resistance, think it was grimmgreen but don't quote me on that.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you gentlemen for your replies. Ill look into getting an evic vt. Seems to fit the bill.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to ignore convertor loss and other factors to keep this simple and get the point across. Also, this is regarding variable wattage devices.

First you have to understand what determines the amp load placed on the battery/batteries in a variable power device. Build resistance has nothing to do with it. In order to get 50w (or whatever watts, 50 is just an example) out of the chip, you have to supply it with 50w. To find the battery amp load you divide 50w by the battery voltage that is being supplied to the chip. The higher the amp load per cell, the faster the battery drains. I'm going to use 4v for single and parallel battery setups and 8v for series setups.

Single 18650
50w / 4v = 12.5a (one cell takes entire load)

Two 18650's in parallel
50w / 4v = 12.5a (6.25a per cell)(amp load is split between cells so runtime doubles compared to a single 18650)

Two 18650's in series
50w / 8v = 6.25a (6.25a per cell)(entire amp load is felt by both cells, but since the amp load is half of the 4v amp load, runtime doubles compared to a single 18650)

Last edited:

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to ignore convertor loss and other factors to keep this simple and get the point across. Also, this is regarding variable wattage devices.

First you have to understand what determines the amp load placed on the battery/batteries in a variable power device. Build resistance has nothing to do with it. In order to get 50w (or whatever watts, 50 is just an example) out of the chip, you have to supply it with 50w. To find the battery amp load you divide 50w by the battery voltage that is being supplied to the chip. The higher the amp load per cell, the faster the battery drains. I'm going to use 4v for single and parallel battery setups and 8v for series setups.

Single 18650

Two 18650's in parallel
50w / 4v = 12.5a (6.25a per cell)(amp load is split between cells so runtime doubles compared to a single 18650)

Two 18650's in series
50w / 8v = 6.25a (6.25a per cell)(entire amp load is felt by both cells, but since the amp load is half of the 4v amp load, runtime doubles compared to a single 18650)
Thank you for the info and keeping it simple, it is much appreciated

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
Vapor joes posted a Smok X-cube 2 for $60ish 160w, Bluetooth, and fancy LEDs. I wanted the snow wolf but I think I can sacrifice 40w for some awesome features.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Single 18650

Two 18650's in parallel

Two 18650's in series
Thank you @BoomStick I knew if anyone could explain it, it would be you. mad props m8.

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Single 18650

Two 18650's in parallel

Two 18650's in series

See, I told you

VU Sponsors