Dual coil setup help

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by Hokage, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Hokage

Hokage New Member

Blog Posts:
    What's up ? I just recently got CSMNT rda and I'm trying to build duel coil on there. I have a smok t priv kit also.
    Now the problem is when I put 2x (ud pre built specialty coils - ss316l staggered fused clapton 0.15ohm) and I also had to clip some out because it's a postless deck. the resistance said is too low it read about .05 normally I have a tank which is .15 so I figured if I put two coil I listed would work out. I can only use one coil on that deck to work but I really wanna use dual coil on my deck.
    Can you suggest me what duel coils I can use for my smok t priv plz? The name of the coil and which ohm I should get I want a safe ohm setting for my CSMNT RDA. Plz contact me back asap thank you

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You will need to use higher ohm dual coils to meet the minimum resistance before the mod will fire the CSMNT

When you use two coils, it lowers the resistance by half

if you use two .3 ohm coils, the resistance will then read .15 and should fire

Hillbilly Pig likes this.
  3. HondaDavidson

HondaDavidson Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Describe build wire wraps and id....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

4. HondaDavidson

Blog Posts:
    In dual builds final ohm will be 50% of individual coil ohm rate. 2x 1ohm equals .5ohm.. 2x.15 approx .07 ohm.. .05 is with margin of error.

5. Hokage

Hokage New Member

Blog Posts:
    Clipping the leg of the coil to the postless CSMNT deck, does it affect the ohm to reduce now ?

6. HondaDavidson

Blog Posts:
    Improper connection or contact can cause low ohm condition.

Post a pic if able....

7. gbalkam

gbalkam Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    2 coils would cut resistance by 1/2. So dual coils = 0.075, which is below the 0.10 lower limit on most mods. They might work in TC mode, but that depends on your mod.