Become a Patron!

Dual coil vw device

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
so confused...

Hana clone
Dripper
Dual coil 26 gauge

How the hell do I set this up... LOL if I make a reasonable size coil I end up with only like .59 ohms when I check it.. Which is VERY low? So I then played around with it to see what it would it would take to get closer to 1 ohm.. I end up with some massive coil that never heats up... How the hell do I do this...

Thanks a lot for any help!

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
So I'll need a thinner wire? I don't really understand this at all... What would be a target ohms for this setup? What wattage?

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok... the smaller the gauge, the less resistance... bigger gauge, more resistance. More wraps, more resistance. Bigger your inner diameter (what you wrap on), the more resistance. Take a look at http://steam-engine.org to help you plan your coils. For instance, if you're wanting 1Ω dual 26ga coils, you can do 9/8 wraps on a 7/32" drill bit (which is just over 5.5mm). FYI, that's a HUGE coil. If you're ok with a single coil, you can do 8/7 wraps on a 7/64" bit (which is just over 2.7mm, which is pretty large, but manageable). Personally, I like my wraps between 2mm and 3mm inner diameter (which is between a 5/64" and 7/64" drill bit), but I like a bigger coil (and deal only in 28.5mm RDA's that have huge build decks).

If you MUST have a dual coil (and I won't blame you if you do) and you MUST be at 1Ω, 9/8 wraps of 30 gauge for each coil on a 5/64" bit will get you there, but that's a lot wraps, and your deck may not be big enough to accommodate it.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Joshua and dutzy... Great advice. You beat me to it on the web resources you cited.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only thing a dual set gives you on a mech is more flavor and vapor production with less resistance.
On a Chi-na board... not sure a duel is going to out preform a single set up if done correctly.

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Download vapor toolbox it's in the app store if your on a android device, super helpful on coil building. Good luck! Once you get the coil building spot on this hobby will really kick off for you! Welcome to the life of filling up rooms with clouds lmao

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
WORTH MENTIONING!!!! If you are going from a tank style atty to a dripper......cut your nicotine level in half! If you vape say....16mg in a tank and try to drip that strength....the throat hit and nic strength will hit you like a moderate yield thermonuclear device. My recommendation for most people moving to dripping....3mg

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
WORTH MENTIONING!!!! If you are going from a tank style atty to a dripper......cut your nicotine level in half! If you vape say....16mg in a tank and try to drip that strength....the throat hit and nic strength will hit you like a moderate yield thermonuclear device. My recommendation for most people moving to dripping....3mg

found that out tonight.. since the wire I have is not reasonable for a dual coil setup I tried something else.. I ran a single wire about 10 wraps.. but split them in two groups of 5.. I am not sure if that "does anything" but I put some 12mg nic juice I had just laying around.. it was um.. interesting.. the vapor production VS a standard tank was absurd.. and even substantially more than my kayfun style tanks.. it was a little much.. lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes lol I never vape higher than 6mg in my dripper. Anything higher than 6 makes me spin. Honestly 6mg I'd starting to seem harsh so when available I grab a 3mg but alot of my favorite brands like G2 Vapor don't carry 6. I have been known to buy a 6 and a 0 and make my own 3mg. Oh and if you haven't had a chance to try out G2 Vapor get on that. It's a great company, all flavors come ready to vape no steeping or nothing. I like Mr Cookie and Cactus Juice but it's the only company I've tried other than Cosmic Fog that I like there whole lineup pretty much. I hope this didn't seem like a plug for G2 but it is a great company.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes lol I never vape higher than 6mg in my dripper. Anything higher than 6 makes me spin. Honestly 6mg I'd starting to seem harsh so when available I grab a 3mg but alot of my favorite brands like G2 Vapor don't carry 6. I have been known to buy a 6 and a 0 and make my own 3mg. Oh and if you haven't had a chance to try out G2 Vapor get on that. It's a great company, all flavors come ready to vape no steeping or nothing. I like Mr Cookie and Cactus Juice but it's the only company I've tried other than Cosmic Fog that I like there whole lineup pretty much. I hope this didn't seem like a plug for G2 but it is a great company.
I'll look into them. I feel the same way about Merkury and Cashmere Millionaires.

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you only try one flavor by them make it Mr Cookie, it's by far my favorite vape

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you only try one flavor by them make it Mr Cookie, it's by far my favorite vape
Cookie vapes rock! One of my favourites is "Peanut Butter Cookie" from 510 Vapers in St Louis. Cookie vapes are one kind that I will rip at 100w/.2ohms to get that "fresh out of the oven" taste.

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so confused...

Hana clone
Dripper
Dual coil 26 gauge

How the hell do I set this up... LOL if I make a reasonable size coil I end up with only like .59 ohms when I check it.. Which is VERY low? So I then played around with it to see what it would it would take to get closer to 1 ohm.. I end up with some massive coil that never heats up... How the hell do I do this...

I must admit I struggled with this one too but then I did research and lots of it.
My experience with dual coil started a while back with a dual coil head for a vivi nova (yeah I know):oops: lol,
so I got my dual coil head all fitted and ready to go on my VTR and well lets say I wasnt impressed becouse what a lot of people forget to tell you is that
you now have dual coils you need to double you wattage, and why you ask?
it goes like this your resistance checker is seeing half the resistance 1ohm = .5ohm but in reality you have 2x 1ohm coils and therefor you need more power.
it might have already been said but you need a thicker gauge wire the higher the number AWG the thinner the wire the lower number AWG the thicker the wire heres a chart that should help you with your resistance problems

30 AWG 1inch =0.7ohm
31 AWG 1inch =0.9ohm
32 AWG 1inch =1.2ohm
33 AWG 1inch =1.4ohm
34 AWG 1inch =1.8ohm
35 AWG 1inch =2.3ohm
36 AWG 1inch =2.9ohm

I personaly ditched he dual coils in favour of single
anyway I hope this helps you on you dual coil journey;)

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so confused...

Hana clone
Dripper
Dual coil 26 gauge

Here ya go. I use a similar size coil all the time and it GLH
535853df80bbf409f054049b9fe859f0.jpg

1cNxa64.png

VU Sponsors