Dual coils: continuous wire vs. two separate wires

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do any of you have a preference between the two, any advantages of one method vs. the other, etc.?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't really noticed a performance benefit to a sleeper coil over standard duals. It might be easier to get them to fire evenly but that might also be the luck of the draw. The only real trick is to get the spacing between the coils right when winding. That said both my Fogger and Aqua are using sleepers at the moment.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sleeper coils (continuos wire) always fires evenly on my tobh and castle atties. Also, they seem to provide better flavor but not as much vapor production, BUT it is still great vapor production, it's not like you're gonna blow clouds like the super sub ohm shit or quad coils. I prefer the sleeper.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do any of you have a preference between the two, any advantages of one method vs. the other, etc.?

All things being equal (they never are) they're equal. :rolleyes: That is, vape-wise. However, if two coil leads have to share one cap screw post, I'd rather have them connected. Easier for balancing adjustments to be sure.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors