Become a Patron!

Dual Sony VTC5A 18650s in G-Priv

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've realized that the G-Priv is the mod for me, but I have a concern. .2ohm Sextuplet coils vaping at 138W is more than the available 25 amps that the Sony VTC5A battery can output. I'm getting a calculation on ohm's law calculators across the board the the amperage must be 26-27 amps with 5-6v. If it's run in series, do I have the potential to redeem myself by using the 7.5v remaining or should I just stick to LG HB6s and HB4s? I just miss the requirement by one and a half amps. Any thoughts?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ohms law isn't the correct formula for battery current in regulated mods. It's
P/V=I
So 138 watts/7.4 (nominal voltage in series) = 18.6 amps

The vct5a is fine for it. I use samsung 30q but don't vape over 150 watts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Generally you want to do it for worst case voltage, which for regulated mods is the lowest voltage you'll let the battery get to. As the battery voltage goes down the amps go up.To be really safe just assume 3V per battery.

So then it's 138 watts/6V, which is 23A. To be the most accurate you want to incorporate mod efficiency too so divide by efficiency. 90% efficiency is usually a good assumption so 23A/0.90 is 25.5A. This is the highest amp draw it gets to right before the battery's dead so most of the time you'll be under 25A so I think you're OK there with the VTC5A, but it is actually close if you're trying to stay under the continuous rating so I wouldn't go up on watts much more.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have gotten 2 pairs each of LG HB4s and HB6s and charge them up so IM NEVER out of power. I like the TFV8 V8-T8 coils in my Sense Blazer 200 tank and it needs 29 amps apparently. The screen displays that I'm using as much. The Sense .2ohm 50W-200W coils are great too.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have gotten 2 pairs each of LG HB4s and HB6s and charge them up so IM NEVER out of power. I like the TFV8 V8-T8 coils in my Sense Blazer 200 tank and it needs 29 amps apparently. The screen displays that I'm using as much. The Sense .2ohm 50W-200W coils are great too.
The screen amps is not the amps the batteries are pushing. That's the output amps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

There are 2 amp ratings going on in a regulated mod, the amps being pulled by the chip from the batteries, and the amps being supplied by the chip to the coils, or actually the maximum amps the chip can supply to the coil. In the latter if you go over the amp limit of the chip supplying to the coil rating, the worst that happens in the chip has a meltdown and the mod stops working. It is the former you have to worry about, the amps being supplied by the batteries to the mod control board/chip.

Watts Law which is part of "Ohm's Law", just a different formula is what is used with a regulated mod, Watts/Voltage=Amps, not what is used for mech/unregulated which is Volts/Resistance=Amps, the only time resistance (ohms) come into play on a regulated mod is the control board checks that reading, below its programmed lowest resistance, the mod won't fire the coil due to safety parameters.

Single Battery
Watts/3.2v/90%=Max Amps needed
Dual Battery Series
Watts/6.4/90%=Max Amps Needed
Dual Battery Parallel
Watts/3.2v/90%=Max Amps per battery needed (parallel the load is shared on both batteries, some say that you get double the CDR of a single battery but best to say safely you only gain 50% more CDR, LG HB6 as listed, 30amp CDR single battery, in parallel you would have 30X1.5=45amps total available)
Triple Battery Series
Watts/9.6v/90%=Max Amps Needed
Quad Battery Parallel Series (These are newer mods like the new Wismec RX300, 2 series battery circuits in parallel, so getting the doubling of voltage from a series as well and load sharing of a parallel battery circuit, again like a parallel dual battery, 1.5X over the amp limit of a single battery, Samsung 30Q as example, which is tested at 20amp CDR, 20X1.5=30amps max load, or the HB6 30amp as stated above 45amps Max on parallel circuits)
Watts/9.6v/90%=Max Amps Needed

Mech/Unregulated Mod Ohm's Law
Highest Voltage/Resistance (ohms)=Max Amps that will be supplied and needed
Regulated Mod Watts Law
Watts Set/Lowest Battery Charge/90% Regulation Chipset Efficiency=Max Amps that will be needed and supplied by the batteries
Reason for the lowest battery charge as your voltage figure, is due to regulated mods use a boost circuit, when voltage of the batteries is lower than what is need and set to be supplied to the coils by the chipset, this boost circuit draws more amps out of the batteries to convert to volts, and more and more amps are pulled as those two voltage figures grow further apart.

VU Sponsors