Become a Patron!

Dual staggered fused clapton coils

i just got a new Tugboat RDA and had my buddy make me some Staggered fused clapton coils and I'm curious as to wether or not they'll fit in the stock post holes in dual coil mode on the tugboat, and if not
what size should i drill the holes out to?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I've got no clue...moving this over to the coil-building section and bumping so hopefully someone who knows better than me can chime in...

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suppose it depends on what size wires your buddy used for the build. I've done a single staggered clapton on mine (30 gauge, wrapped around a 26, with a 26 for the staggered coil)... it worked fine. Dual might be tight in the center post though.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suppose it depends on what size wires your buddy used for the build. I've done a single staggered clapton on mine (30 gauge, wrapped around a 26, with a 26 for the staggered coil)... it worked fine. Dual might be tight in the center post though.
Right. In theory, you could be wrapping 26ga around 16ga, then staggering with 14ga. The holes would need to be huge.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right. In theory, you could be wrapping 26ga around 16ga, then staggering with 14ga. The holes would need to be huge.
And dual? I hope you are running a 4-6 battery in parallel box... :p

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Abject fucking insanity.
Youd need one of these
I watched that video earlier today, that thing is madness. If I chased clouds... I see no need of such things for a flavor junky though. Plus with my arthritis, I doubt I could fire it one handed.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One reason only, Battery life.
Pop a kayfun on there and go for a month. You might need a shoulder strap to lug it around.

VU Sponsors