Become a Patron!

DUDS

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok ,been vaping for 18 months , rebuilding for the past year , wanted to take a break so I bought an
Aspire Nautilus and an AeroTank from Kanger . The Nau. coils last 2 days and I only use it once in a while . The kanger coil , not bad will last about a week( some only 2 days ). I have gone through 4 Aspire coils in 6 days . Now I know
taste and vapor from a rba or rda is way better than from any premade and can not compare but shouldn't the coil last longer than a day and a half using it only once in a while . Anyone else have a problem like this with a clearo ?

Last edited:

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both the newer tanks you mention seems to have big problems with their coils. Kanger came out with a newer version, I have not tried out yet. I hear Aspire is also coming out with a so called better coil for it's big boy as well.

It's bad when the older coils for both on the smaller tanks are better than your top of the line tanks....

yes, I would expect the brand name coils to be better than clone ones. I don't think nothing will ever beat home made coils or rebuild coils. whatever the term you want to use is...

BunnyAssassin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The way around the terrible Nautilus coils is to rebuild them. Pretty easy to do, I use 28g kanthal, 6 or 7 wrap micro coil (i use the screwdriver for my kayfun). Pull cotton thru the coil and cut to fit into the grooves in the coil housing. Been doing this for about a month now, better taste and lasts much longer.

Edit: LOL, just realized you were trying to take a break from rebuilding..... I guess that doesn't really help you. haha.

Last edited:
I have an Aerotank mini and I have the same problem. Some coils are so bad, they can't even be used! I have some of the new Kanger coils at 2.0ohms coming in the mail. I will tell if they are better or not. The older coils can be bought for less then a dollar on Fasttech though.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you all for your answers , thought maybe I was" out there " !!!! LOL

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope, just bad coil design for the newer tanks....

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually prefer the older style Kanger coils. You can easily pull the post, wash and carefully dry burn to clean. The posts in the new ones are pressure fitted and really hard to get off. And, since the wicks are primarily enclosed they're almost impossible to clean & they clog much faster (IMO). I keep a small jar of vodka handy & when I pull them off, shove them in the Vodka for 24 hrs. Then rinse, put them in the ultrasonic cleaner, rinse, then back in the Vodka and HOPE that I can get more use from them..... I really don't like them (or the Nauty coils).

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mommay, what type of ultrasonic cleaner do you have.
Do they really help?
I love the older kangers as well for that reason alone.

Glad I stock piled them awhile ago while on sale while all the shops were dumping them.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up a small Brookstone at Bed, Bath & Beyond. The wave length it generates is the same as the ones that are sold at the sporting goods stores for cleaning brass to reload - so I figured I would give it a try for a lot less $$. I do think it helps, sometimes a great deal. The only problem that I have is that the timer will only run for 8 minutes - and it takes MUCH longer than that.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Mommay, I will check out BB&B.

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to greatly increase the performance of your Nautilus...Do This

Go down to 30 Kanthal and 5 - 7 wraps at 2mm, loose and torch. Don't cramp the coils together. If you really want flavor and a ton of vape (for a Nautilus) drill out two of the vent holes and run boiled organic cotton all the way through the whole coil body and coil and let them extend up to the threads on the outside of the body. Make sure and wet the cotton on both the inside and outside of the coil to jumpstart the flow. To increase the air flow drill out the vent hole on the outside to 2 or 3 mm. Remember low watts 3 and low airflow = tons of flavor, high watts 10 - 15 and lots of air = tons of clouds. I can continuous vape my modified Nautilus tanks all day from 3 - 8 watts going through 10 - 15 ml of juice and 2 18650 batteries and never a dry hit. Occasional 10 - 15 watt vapes also for a big plume (comparable to some of my RDA's).

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Rampy , but I bought a Naut . to take a break from rebuilding . But might give that a try .

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
really, damn, thanks Mommay.
Never really have used them but if that is the norm, look out.

Feel better going to a store, I like to see what I am getting but will check it out online first for info and stuff.
again, thanks....

VU Sponsors