Become a Patron!

Dumb question

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can the base of a tank like where the 510 pin screws down on the mod and where the coil screws in on the top, can that base short? Or only the atomizer shorts?

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any place where two items are supposed to be making contact can be faulty.
Not limited to just the coil threading into the base.
This is gotta be the problem with my tfv8 baby then..two coils now and my mod told me "check atomizer" for both of them. Sucks. Just got it two days ago..

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is gotta be the problem with my tfv8 baby then..two coils now and my mod told me "check atomizer" for both of them. Sucks. Just got it two days ago..
I've washed it out once so far to get some stubborn juice out but when I put it back on the mod it was completely dry.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have another mod, test it on that.
If you have only one mod, the issue may be in the mod, not the tank.
What tank, what mod?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you've tried the tank on both mods and get the same result, then it is likely the tank. I'm discounting the atomizer as you say you've tried two different ones in the tank. I'd try a different tank if yo have access to one.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
factory coils can be shorted out by screwing them down too tightly.
The coil wires insulated by the silicone grommet in the base of the coil gets pinched thru the silicone and shorts out.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The plated 510 pin its self can be faulty or the insulator as well.
I have 4 tanks that need new insulators and 2 that need new pins.
Numerous coils that have been bad (as The Cromwell stated)

Also had 510s in mods go bad.
Hell, the Wismec Predator is a perfect example of that.
Juice on a mod can sometimes end up in a mod.
Electronics and liquid are normally not a good match.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Juice on a mod can sometimes end up in a mod.
Electronics and liquid are normally not a good match.

This has compelled an interesting thought process in me. First, is there a compound, or means to somehow protect parts that are not directly internal electronics from juice effects? For example say the manufacture were to electrolyze the 510 connection pins with a zinc coating.

Secondly, if there is such a means, would it be financially feasible, technically?

Thirdly, could a manufacture be convinced that durability over the normal status quo of planned obsolescence be of value to customers and then value to them with adding cost to retail?

Fourth and ultimately, could it be done so in a manner as to retain customer loyalties and remain affordable to customers?

I realize this might seem left field per usual character from me, and perhaps even more highly intelligible, articulate. Apologies, I do, do this at times rarely to possibly offer a new way to hm, solve problems, look at how processes function. Besides I can always call the, "oh yeah, well sue me for being human", excuse. :)

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Having th same issue in th x-baby, also 2 days old

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has compelled an interesting thought process in me. First, is there a compound, or means to somehow protect parts that are not directly internal electronics from juice effects? For example say the manufacture were to electrolyze the 510 connection pins with a zinc coating.

Secondly, if there is such a means, would it be financially feasible, technically?

Thirdly, could a manufacture be convinced that durability over the normal status quo of planned obsolescence be of value to customers and then value to them with adding cost to retail?

Fourth and ultimately, could it be done so in a manner as to retain customer loyalties and remain affordable to customers?

I realize this might seem left field per usual character from me, and perhaps even more highly intelligible, articulate. Apologies, I do, do this at times rarely to possibly offer a new way to hm, solve problems, look at how processes function. Besides I can always call the, "oh yeah, well sue me for being human", excuse. :)

Of all people I am certainly not the one to answer this.
Why? Because I am a collector.
I buy new vape hardware because I want new items in my collection.
So if it were possible to buy a single setup that may last a lifetime would be wasted on me.

For the masses, I am certain they would appreciate it if they could buy a single mod/tank/setup that wouldn't need replaced unless they simply wanted something new.

For the manufacture, well that would be reducing their profit dramatically.
While I hate the idea that even cars are designed to either break, last a short time, or require you to take to a shop due to the price of a specialized tool just to fix.
Used to be a higher percentage of people did their own mechanic work to save from having to pay someone else to do it.
Now, there isn't even room under the hood to fit a screwdriver let alone your hand.
Yes I exaggerate.

As for the capability to make electronics and juice more compatible, there are a few water resistant mods on the market.
The GeekVape Aegis is just one example, there are a handful.
Some have water resistant around the 510, the board, and battery compartments.

Not sure if that answered your entire post but was my shot towards it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of all people I am certainly not the one to answer this.
Why? Because I am a collector.
I buy new vape hardware because I want new items in my collection.
So if it were possible to buy a single setup that may last a lifetime would be wasted on me.

Well, it was not fully directed or aimed specifically to/for you to answer. :) Apologize if it read as that. I was meaning it in a way to further improving products, innovation. To me it seems that consumers are realizing you can get:

1. A box or tube with battery/ies & possibly chips to fire the atty/ies ... a box is a box is a box. One can usually do just as well as the next. What special features can be added, or crafted with actual purpose which innovates in the market? What makes battery box A different enough to not merit battery box Z's high cost? Why would a consumer care to pay less, or even a bit more?

2. Atomizers especially in the realm of RDAs from my observation all seem to follow suit with battery boxes above. You need roughly three basic elements or vector for a good RDA, airflow and appropriate means to use it, a building deck, a top cap that is also a drip tip or connects to a drip tip. Manufacture A meets those and only charges say $5 retail, why then pay manufacture Z $20 for the same basic product?

I understand being a collector, I do. I used to collect comic books. Still have my original collection from twenty, thirty years ago plus more I've added in over the last few years. I'm alright with folks being collectors, no animosity to them at all.

What I was intending was an ice breaker of sorts to stir the pot of consumer input, feedback. No I am not a manufacturer before anyone asks. I do know though unlike other markets and industries, the manufactures do visit forums to garner innovation, suggestion for improvements and the like. So, the question/s were open to anyone & everyone fairly, if you are a manufacture let us consumers at least know that if you engage in discussion. We don't need names or details but if we do know we've the ears of the makers it might help us focus and keep discussion open. :)

For the manufacture, well that would be reducing their profit dramatically.
While I hate the idea that even cars are designed to either break, last a short time, or require you to take to a shop due to the price of a specialized tool just to fix.
Used to be a higher percentage of people did their own mechanic work to save from having to pay someone else to do it.

Wife had to spend over $100 to repair her Jeep Liberty. The odometer sensor on the rear differential had gone kaput. Well, the mechanic needed to use a different year and model of another company's vehicle to make a pig tail to splice into wires. It was a bit of a mess. mechanic said he'd not seen the like in twenty years of pro wrenching. All to 'work around' he darn computers in her vehicle. *shaking my head* I recall a time when Jeep's were junk yard repairs, used nearly universal parts, had no computers to work around.

This is part of why the whole notion of planned obsolescence to me bites toe jam. Soon I hear TPTB will be replacing nearly 40-50% of whatever human labor exists. We're on the chopping block too it seems, got robots, artificial intellect to take over for us. ... Kind of doubting that happens without power being reminded of its roots. Still, I appreciate products being durable. Yep, guiding back to on point here. :) Durable goods ought to be durable, at least so as to get a fair amount of use from them. To me that is added value. I'm sure others might agree as i'm sure others might not. :)

As for the capability to make electronics and juice more compatible, there are a few water resistant mods on the market.
The GeekVape Aegis is just one example, there are a handful.
Some have water resistant around the 510, the board, and battery compartments.

I looked over here at that. Two things of note kind of put me off of it. 1. No price listed, ergo the poor man's rule applies. If I gotta ask, it costs too much. 2. No squonk model seems to be there. I would need to return to using tanks. I do not want to do that.

There is a third thing which puts me off as well. That is it being regulated. I know it has all the indestructible bells and whistles from reading the pitch. That aside I also know human beings made the machine, humans are fallible ergo machines could be as well. The less high tech a battery box is for me suits, there needs to be a balance between durable and serviceable. I use the CopperVape mech. It has a $3 repair kit, easy enough to swap the firing mechanics out if it fouls, ergo durable, serviceable and affordable. That gives me value. :)

Yep, I know, it seems I'm protesting too much at the market and industry when it's already somewhat met the need I require. *chuckles* Do not mean to read like that. I do have a valid point and ends in sight, and an idea. Seems a bit hard to relay truth when truth doesn't exist. *chuckles*

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it was not fully directed or aimed specifically to/for you to answer. :) Apologize if it read as that. I was meaning it in a way to further improving products, innovation. To me it seems that consumers are realizing you can get:

1. A box or tube with battery/ies & possibly chips to fire the atty/ies ... a box is a box is a box. One can usually do just as well as the next. What special features can be added, or crafted with actual purpose which innovates in the market? What makes battery box A different enough to not merit battery box Z's high cost? Why would a consumer care to pay less, or even a bit more?

2. Atomizers especially in the realm of RDAs from my observation all seem to follow suit with battery boxes above. You need roughly three basic elements or vector for a good RDA, airflow and appropriate means to use it, a building deck, a top cap that is also a drip tip or connects to a drip tip. Manufacture A meets those and only charges say $5 retail, why then pay manufacture Z $20 for the same basic product?

I understand being a collector, I do. I used to collect comic books. Still have my original collection from twenty, thirty years ago plus more I've added in over the last few years. I'm alright with folks being collectors, no animosity to them at all.

What I was intending was an ice breaker of sorts to stir the pot of consumer input, feedback. No I am not a manufacturer before anyone asks. I do know though unlike other markets and industries, the manufactures do visit forums to garner innovation, suggestion for improvements and the like. So, the question/s were open to anyone & everyone fairly, if you are a manufacture let us consumers at least know that if you engage in discussion. We don't need names or details but if we do know we've the ears of the makers it might help us focus and keep discussion open. :)

Wife had to spend over $100 to repair her Jeep Liberty. The odometer sensor on the rear differential had gone kaput. Well, the mechanic needed to use a different year and model of another company's vehicle to make a pig tail to splice into wires. It was a bit of a mess. mechanic said he'd not seen the like in twenty years of pro wrenching. All to 'work around' he darn computers in her vehicle. *shaking my head* I recall a time when Jeep's were junk yard repairs, used nearly universal parts, had no computers to work around.

This is part of why the whole notion of planned obsolescence to me bites toe jam. Soon I hear TPTB will be replacing nearly 40-50% of whatever human labor exists. We're on the chopping block too it seems, got robots, artificial intellect to take over for us. ... Kind of doubting that happens without power being reminded of its roots. Still, I appreciate products being durable. Yep, guiding back to on point here. :) Durable goods ought to be durable, at least so as to get a fair amount of use from them. To me that is added value. I'm sure others might agree as i'm sure others might not. :)

I looked over here at that. Two things of note kind of put me off of it. 1. No price listed, ergo the poor man's rule applies. If I gotta ask, it costs too much. 2. No squonk model seems to be there. I would need to return to using tanks. I do not want to do that.

There is a third thing which puts me off as well. That is it being regulated. I know it has all the indestructible bells and whistles from reading the pitch. That aside I also know human beings made the machine, humans are fallible ergo machines could be as well. The less high tech a battery box is for me suits, there needs to be a balance between durable and serviceable. I use the CopperVape mech. It has a $3 repair kit, easy enough to swap the firing mechanics out if it fouls, ergo durable, serviceable and affordable. That gives me value. :)

Yep, I know, it seems I'm protesting too much at the market and industry when it's already somewhat met the need I require. *chuckles* Do not mean to read like that. I do have a valid point and ends in sight, and an idea. Seems a bit hard to relay truth when truth doesn't exist. *chuckles*

While normally I'd have plenty to reply with, at this hour my mind just isn't as functional as I'd like it to be to provide you with a worthy reply.
I will state though I did not read it as you were directing it at me, I simply wanted to reply and state that while being a collector, I look for something different from said products than a regular user of said gear.
I'll be sure to return to this after getting at least a few hours sleep.
Insomnia certainly doesn't play well with writing clear thoughts.
With what I've read of your posts so far I can clearly see you already have in mind exactly what your after.
Here's to hoping it comes to fruition for you. (insert beer mug emoji or image of your liking)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While normally I'd have plenty to reply with, at this hour my mind just isn't as functional as I'd like it to be to provide you with a worthy reply.
I will state though I did not read it as you were directing it at me, I simply wanted to reply and state that while being a collector, I look for something different from said products than a regular user of said gear.
I'll be sure to return to this after getting at least a few hours sleep.
Insomnia certainly doesn't play well with writing clear thoughts.
With what I've read of your posts so far I can clearly see you already have in mind exactly what your after.
Here's to hoping it comes to fruition for you. (insert beer mug emoji or image of your liking)

I hear you the sleep being required. Yeah, I think I do got an idea that's kind of exact. Now, I might be full on wrong that it could be done, or might be worth doing, can admit that if so. Think it cruxes to finding a way to coat the 510 connector pins both on/in the mods and in/on the atties. I might have to do some chemical / metallurgical research to figure it for meself, maybe just be a me thing. Get your sleep. heading to the rack soon here as well.

VU Sponsors