Become a Patron!

Dumptank 40mm leaking/vacuum issue

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys. So im pretty experienced with wicking. But i cant get my dumptank too work properly. I think its a vacuum issue as i saw yesterday 3 airflow holes had bubbles coming out and flavor was amazing. Now after 1 day without touching anything inside there it only comes air bubbles out of 1 hole. Anyone knows how to fix this or can tell me about something i can do? I would really like to stop having it on my shelf as it has been the last 4months.

What about replacing seal ring? Could that have something to so with it?

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi guys. So im pretty experienced with wicking. But i cant get my dumptank too work properly. I think its a vacuum issue as i saw yesterday 3 airflow holes had bubbles coming out and flavor was amazing. Now after 1 day without touching anything inside there it only comes air bubbles out of 1 hole. Anyone knows how to fix this or can tell me about something i can do? I would really like to stop having it on my shelf as it has been the last 4months.

Afaik it's an issue with dumptanks. I know they started shipping with little plastic spacers to be put under the silicone refill cup at the top, to try to fix the vacuum issues

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup i got the same thing. Didnt help anything
Mine would do the same thing. It would be fine then left over night it would dump the whole tank, or just not wick, or whatever it felt like doing really. When it was good it was good, but frustrating. Maybe someone that has worked with it more can help. After a week or two, I did a review, and haven't used it too much after that besides an occasional rebuild.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I had some weird vacuum issues myself when I first got my 40mm dumptank. I've got it to a point where it's vaping pretty good for what it is.
It's hard for me to say what you should or shouldn't be doing without getting my hands on the atty and the deck, but I can tell you how I set mine up:
https://imgur.com/a/UbbS3
I first put 2 or 3 of the plastic spacers in the top, just enough to make sure that when I closed the top, it felt solid. Then, build big. Real big. I had 3.5mm coils in there, weren't big enough. 4mm, still not big enough. I ended up wrapping 2x3mm radiator coils:
UbbS3

Last, I used Kendo Gold cotton to wick it. No scottish roll, no twisting or anything. I just cut a length from the package, then pulled off the amount I needed, cut it to length, then I pulled some out of each end. Enough that the wick ports weren't completely full. Like, to the point where it looked somewhat like it was going to leak.
Also, I don't fill it past where the chimney tapers. I tried doing that when I had the wick channels really packed, it didn't leak because the channels were packed (duh) but the vape was crap. not saturated enough, bordering on dry. So wicked lightly, when I fill it all the way up, it seems like there's too much pressure or just too much juice, so it'll leak until the pressure equalizes and there's less volume of juice in the tank, which happens to be the point where the chimney tapers inside the tank.
So, yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

VU Sponsors