Become a Patron!

DYI in retail stores?

Bgh723

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The first thing FDA needs to enforce aside from selling to underage kids. A customer goes into a shop and a sales person grabs a 30 or 60ml empty bottle, squirt's some flavor in from a 1000ml bottle that is covered with dust then proceeds to add nicotine, gives it a shake and sends the customer out the door. The entire process is filthy let alone unsafe if the customer doesn't know enough to make sure the nicotine is not sitting on top. This has become the norm in many (not all) shops. The juice is cheap while DYI in house verses shops buying juice already bottled and processed from reputable company's with clean labs. Many of these same shops are selling clone coils and in some cases clone devices. I wonder how many men and women who want or need to stop smoking are turned off by a bad shopping experience in one of these shops and returns to combustable tobacco? Granted, shops like I describe will not be around long but how much damage will they cause in the meantime to what is our intent? Help people live longer.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I think in-house mixers should have to pass periodic health inspections like restaurants, but I believe pending regulations may cover that when the time comes. For now, no, we have no idea what happens when the mixer "steps behind the curtain," and it is a disturbing thought for some.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two shops I used to go to changed practices. They used to go in back and come out with what was needed. Now they have racks with their juices they just grab what you need. I dont know the reason, but I'm guessing for speed.

VU Sponsors