Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/e-cig-regulation-likely-burn-low-income-americans

To sum up the article:

The FDA doesn't give a fuck about smokers or vapers since the large percentage of us are dumb, poor, and/or have mental/physical health issues.

I absolutely love the lead in to the article:

"The FDA is tied in knots over e-cigarette use. On the one hand, the FDA does not want people to smoke. But, on the other hand, the FDA does not want people to use smoking alternatives that could help them quit, such as e-cigarettes. To that end, the FDA recently signaled its interest in increasing regulation of e-cigarettes"

It almost appears as if the FDA doesn't care about the health of the American public. - 5150

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Almost? It has always been this way.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/e-cig-regulation-likely-burn-low-income-americans

To sum up the article:

The FDA doesn't give a fuck about smokers or vapers since the large percentage of us are dumb, poor, and/or have mental/physical health issues.

"The FDA is tied in knots over e-cigarette use. On the one hand, the FDA does not want people to smoke. But, on the other hand, the FDA does not want people to use smoking alternatives that could help them quit, such as e-cigarettes. To that end, the FDA recently signaled its interest in increasing regulation of e-cigarettes"

It almost appears as if the FDA doesn't care about the health of the American public. - 5150
As pods like Juul are the most convenient way for smokers to stop as well as something Big Tobacco is pursuing, this seems to be a play to satisfy the Big Pharma lobby. They might as well just hand over distribution of nic to big Pharma and wrap up this death spiral. The only regulations that are disappearing are those that interfere with the wealthy getting wealthier.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So. let me see if I have this right....a bunch of guys whose daddies sent them to the Ivy Leauge just spent half a year to figure out......that being poor is more stressfull than being rich..............
poor guy: shit how am I gonna make rent....I need a cigarette
rich guy: is this cheese too runny.....I'll buy some more.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

To sum up the article:

No,No....they just don't care about the Health of that segment of the American public who happen to be poor.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's way past time for a new revolution.... sorta like the one that lopped the heads off the rich aristos in France.

Andria

VU Sponsors