Become a Patron!

E CIG.. What do you think? :)

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everybody!!!!

I "quit" smoking cigarettes 3 weeks ago. I have smoked cigarettes over 10 years, 1 pack per day. When I write "quit" it means that I haven not really stop smoking because I am geting the nicotines from the e cig. I think is really "funny" when people say on this forum they quit smoking any cigarettes for 3 /4 years but they are geting nicotine from this kind of e cig still. So, I am sorry but you are a smoker still. I listen things like " it is not smoke, it is vape". Excuse me???? I dont think that is right. It doesnt make sense.
Anyway , yes , it is prety good what I did, and what I am doing ... THANKS to e cig... but I think this is just a way to quit smoking, so I want to stop smoking electronic cigarettes soon as well. When I stop e cig, I could say that I am not an smoker anymore.
I would like to explain my point better but my english is not so good , not yet :). (I am from Spain ), so.. sorry guys if I can not explain everything better.
Anyway, I would like to encourage to everybody to quit smoking with e cig,,,,, but I dont think is a good idea to use it for long time
Thanks for reading! :)
What do you think¿? :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smoking is definitely not the same thing as vaping. Smoking is putting flame to leaves and chemicals and inhaling the smoke produced. Vaping is applying heat to liquid and inhaling the vapor produced.

That's how I see it.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It would be nice if they didnt call them "electronic cigarettes" because they are not cigarettes in such that they are not a rolled tobacco plant product that you light on fire and inhale the smoke.

Vaping is more of a nicotine delivery system .. much like a nicotine patch or nicotine gum. You wouldnt call them cigarettes right ?
The reason why it is helping millions of smokers quit smoking, is that it more closely mimics smoking.. it feels and looks like smoking, plus you get the nicotine (if you choose to use juice containing nicotine of course). But its not tobacco.. so it's not smoking.

Besides.. there is some interesting research data that shows nicotine may be useful in reducing/preventing some neurological problems.

Congrats on the quitting smoking ! It will just keep feeling better, I'm at the 8 month mark myself ( after 32 years of that habit ).

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would like to add we're not inhaling car exhaust any longer. There is no carbon dioxide in vapor. I thank vaping for saving me from chronic coughing due to smoking. It's probably added a few years to my life. Nicotine is our friend, just like caffeine. :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would be nice if they didnt call them "electronic cigarettes" because they are not cigarettes in such that they are not a rolled tobacco plant product that you light on fire and inhale the smoke.

Vaping is more of a nicotine delivery system .. much like a nicotine patch or nicotine gum. You wouldnt call them cigarettes right ?
The reason why it is helping millions of smokers quit smoking, is that it more closely mimics smoking.. it feels and looks like smoking, plus you get the nicotine (if you choose to use juice containing nicotine of course). But its not tobacco.. so it's not smoking.

Besides.. there is some interesting research data that shows nicotine may be useful in reducing/preventing some neurological problems.

Congrats on the quitting smoking ! It will just keep feeling better, I'm at the 8 month mark myself ( after 32 years of that habit ).
It would've been nice to call them something else. But, I probably would've never picked it up if it was called something else.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only reason I think we don't call them ENDS is because it sounds a little weird.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi everybody!!!!

I "quit" smoking cigarettes 3 weeks ago. I have smoked cigarettes over 10 years, 1 pack per day. When I write "quit" it means that I haven not really stop smoking because I am geting the nicotines from the e cig. I think is really "funny" when people say on this forum they quit smoking any cigarettes for 3 /4 years but they are geting nicotine from this kind of e cig still. So, I am sorry but you are a smoker still. I listen things like " it is not smoke, it is vape". Excuse me???? I dont think that is right. It doesnt make sense.
Anyway , yes , it is prety good what I did, and what I am doing ... THANKS to e cig... but I think this is just a way to quit smoking, so I want to stop smoking electronic cigarettes soon as well. When I stop e cig, I could say that I am not an smoker anymore.
I would like to explain my point better but my english is not so good , not yet :). (I am from Spain ), so.. sorry guys if I can not explain everything better.
Anyway, I would like to encourage to everybody to quit smoking with e cig,,,,, but I dont think is a good idea to use it for long time

You are WRONG. The simple fact of taking in nicotine does NOT equal smoking. You think people getting nicotine from patches and gum are smokers? What an idiot.

Smoking is setting fire to tobacco and inhaling it. I quit doing that over 2 yrs ago, so I am a NON SMOKER. I am now a vaper, which is what I had to be, to become a non-smoker, because none of the other shit works at all.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I am sorry but you are a smoker still. I listen things like " it is not smoke, it is vape". Excuse me???? I dont think that is right. It doesnt make sense.

You think you're right, most of us think you're wrong.
If you exhale smoke you're a smoker and if you exhale vapor you're a vaper, it's as simple as that.
Lets agree that we disagree and leave it at that.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi everybody!!!!

Welcome -

I don't agree that vaping is smoking, but welcome you anyway :wave:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
buy a smoker and a steamer...
open the smoker and stick your face close to the heat... dont burn yourself, just choke a little on toxic fumes and let your eyes water a little, thats smoking.
now do the same with the steamer. stick your face close to it, dont burn yourself, notice how when you inhale the vapor its not murdering the sensory bits on your face, thats vaping.
does it make more sense now?
kinda looks the same, but one cloud is black while the other is white. one will leave a tar like residue and the other will not.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are WRONG. The simple fact of taking in nicotine does NOT equal smoking. You think people getting nicotine from patches and gum are smokers? What an idiot.

Smoking is setting fire to tobacco and inhaling it. I quit doing that over 2 yrs ago, so I am a NON SMOKER. I am now a vaper, which is what I had to be, to become a non-smoker, because none of the other shit works at all.

Andria

Relax...and dont talk like that please! You should be more respectful.

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are all WRONG. You dont even know what it contains that liquids..... :S...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
alba4a Welcome to VU, Glad you found us

And with that, it is time for .................a distraction:cool:

tumblr_o0cjwrHuHd1u0z394o1_500_zpsu4fczer5.jpg

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry but I dont believe about a magic substance that goes through your lungs and doenst damage the health. Even if we are using ecig , we are all smokers still .

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I've held off posting but now feel the need. Smoke is a by-product of incomplete combustion (burning), the vapor is a liquid that has been heated to a point of making steam (no combustion). As for what is in my juice, I DIY and know what I'm vaping. I know my breathing is 1000 times better than when I smoked, and I don't wake up every day with a terrible smoker's hack like I used to.
If you are uncomfortable with vaping, don't do it. I wish you the best of luck in staying off the cigarettes, and eventually giving up the vape as well. If your intention is trying to scare folks off from vaping, you're barking up the wrong tree here, just sayin'.

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I've held off posting but now feel the need. Smoke is a by-product of incomplete combustion (burning), the vapor is a liquid that has been heated to a point of making steam (no combustion). As for what is in my juice, I DIY and know what I'm vaping. I know my breathing is 1000 times better than when I smoked, and I don't wake up every day with a terrible smoker's hack like I used to.
If you are uncomfortable with vaping, don't do it. I wish you the best of luck in staying off the cigarettes, and eventually giving up the vape as well. If your intention is trying to scare folks off from vaping, you're barking up the wrong tree here, just sayin'.

I think you get me wrong, you get a wrong idea about me. I just say what I think that is all, I think we are free to say what we think about e cig, right? Anyway thanks for your message, I hope I will quit smoking with e cig soon :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Vaping is not for everybody- I vape because I knew cigarette smoking was horrible with much proof and studies and I needed to quit smoking a 30+ year habit! I chose vaping as harm reduction as due to studies showing vaping at least 95% less harmful than cigarettes, none of them say 100% less harmful.
I wonder why now people worry about vaping safety to quit smoking- why didn't they worry about their safety,lungs and health and the second hand smoke when they started smoking cigarettes, it has been known for decades that smoking is toxic?
Now it seems like people want 100% safe- which would be to quit cold turkey!
I buy my eliquid from trusted manufactures, I do my own research and I do what is best for me.

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think alba is just trolling...
ignore that clown and save yourself thr frustration.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Do you have to be so unrespectfull? :S ... Anyway.. It is not worh it ..... By the way. . I am not trolling.. I just say my point of view, that is all. I respect everybody and I am tolerant .

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look, many people take vaping to heart. Being trapped for many years to smoking, we feel better. My wife and I have been vaping for 6 years. We don't even get chest colds anymore. By all means quit vaping if you'd like. That is your choice. This forum is designed for vapers to have fun, and enjoy the pleasure of being smoke free. Perhaps you can post your findings on the FDA facebook page. Be well :)

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry but I dont believe about a magic substance that goes through your lungs and doenst damage the health. Even if we are using ecig , we are all smokers still .

I think it's important to keep perspective on things.. none of us live in a laboratory clean room, where we can breathe a clean mix of nitrogen/oxygen etc.
City air, country air, inside and outside air all contain loads of things. If you live in a big city or near some industrial plant, you definitely have more to worry about in your air than vapor.

I think you're right about things damaging our lungs, but luckily the body is made to 'clean' the lungs.. otherwise we would be dead at a much earlier age.

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it's important to keep perspective on things.. none of us live in a laboratory clean room, where we can breathe a clean mix of nitrogen/oxygen etc.
City air, country air, inside and outside air all contain loads of things. If you live in a big city or near some industrial plant, you definitely have more to worry about in your air than vapor.

I think you're right about things damaging our lungs, but luckily the body is made to 'clean' the lungs.. otherwise we would be dead at a much earlier age.

Thanks for your answer. :) I dont try to make upset to anytone, I just was trying to say my point of view. I know what you mean, you are right. That is why I live far away from the city in a really nice place where the air is clean and fresh :D... No, I am jokiing that is no the reason why I am living here :). I am living here because I like here but to be honest I miss the city sometimes , I miss all that toxic air and polution :). Sometimes I just feel worried about what I am smoking with the e cig... I understand what people say and they are right about is helping to so many people to quit smoking. It is helping me too!!!! So, that is amazing. Maybe people got me wrong :S. I just mean that even if I smoking ecig I think I am a smoker still. It is just my point of view. It seems like I am not alowed to say anything because people atack me :S. Anyway, thanks for your message , is nice to know that I can disscuss about this with some people just being nice each other . (sorry about my english) :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sometimes I just feel worried about what I am smoking with the e cig...

I just mean that even if I smoking ecig I think I am a smoker still.
There is no smoke involved with an ecig. If yours is producing smoke, then you're doing something wrong.

It seems like I am not alowed to say anything because people atack me
Well, you started out your post saying that we're all smokers. Then when everyone disagreed, you basically attacked back with the following:
You are all WRONG. You dont even know what it contains that liquids.
We defend VAPing because it works for us to stop SMOKing. Huge difference. Some people do choose to stop vaping eventually, some of us choose to continue. I'm pretty sure we all agree that putting nothing but air into lungs is the safest thing to do, but we're all pretty certain that vaping is the better choice between the two, smoking vs vaping.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is why I live far away from the city in a really nice place where the air is clean and fresh :D... No, I am jokiing that is no the reason why I am living here :). I am living here because I like here but to be honest I miss the city sometimes (sorry about my english) :)
Your english is fine.. it is much much better than my spanish (of which I have none).
I too live outside of a small village which is outside of a medium city, which is far outside of the main crowded part of my country (Canada).
The air is clean and I'm not stuffed in beside my neighbour.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is no smoke involved with an ecig. If yours is producing smoke, then you're doing something wrong.

Well, you started out your post saying that we're all smokers. Then when everyone disagreed, you basically attacked back with the following:

We defend VAPing because it works for us to stop SMOKing. Huge difference. Some people do choose to stop vaping eventually, some of us choose to continue. I'm pretty sure we all agree that putting nothing but air into lungs is the safest thing to do, but we're all pretty certain that vaping is the better choice between the two, smoking vs vaping.

Exactly this -- if you're using an e-cigarette and you get SMOKE, you're doing it wrong.

I DIY my ejuice, so I know EXACTLY what is in it.

I am A NON-SMOKER, for over 2 yrs now.

This troll needs to go troll the FDA page; we don't need or want misinformation or disinformation here, and saying that vapor is the same thing as smoke is both MISinformation and DISinformation, because it is just flat WRONG. By all means, quit vaping and go back to smoking if you think vaping is so evil.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi everybody!!!!

Here is a great chance to use the forum constructively.

I'd agree that switching to vaping to smoking does not cure nicotine addiction.

But even scientists who hate vaping agree that it is not smoking

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The OP is proof that you can't fix stupid.

Or those who are so hopelessly brainwashed by puritans that they think if a smoker quits and doesn't suffer, then they MUST still be smoking! :facepalm:

Andria

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You guys are a harsh crowd this weekend :cuss2:

Its possible that in Spain, ppl refer to vaping as 'e-smoking' or such (plus of course, the OP seems to have Spanish as a first language).. I mean ya gotta admit it had a bad name to start, plus it does 'look' like smoking.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This...

myfave.jpg

doesn't look a damn thing like smoking!!!!!!!!

Andria

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a plonker the op is sorry if im disrespectful but how can smoking be compared to vaping face palm.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright Mr OP, if you say that vaping is smoking because of nicotine, remove your nicotine from your eliquid, start vaping 0 mg nic, then you will be vaping in your definition. Maybe then you can join the vaping community. Oh, and welcome to the VU.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Actually nicotine is not the big evil that many think it is as studies have shown it has some health benefits. It's the other 3999 chemicals in cigarette smoke that's the poison.

Didn't want to over complicated by talking about nicotine's mildly addicting properties in both vapes and tobacco, compared to the alkaloids in tobacco that are highly addictive

Just hoping to help the OP see there is indeed a difference without being rude

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
one thing i am sure the Op has learned by now this forum is much like the world. one people will disagree with you whether you agree or not.
Finally unless it straight up violates a rule which i suggest the OP get familiar with it will remain.

This is a forum for adults, there will be cussing, there will be sexual innuendos.
If you find something offensive, you have the option to ignore the poster and have their posts removed from your forum experience.

Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD/Wax related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD/Wax references in comments please or in a user name.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No affiliate, referral links or hot linked memes, and pics are permitted. Also no raffles or charity funding are to be sold for profit or otherwise including GoFundMe links, and others. Please contact an Admin about legal 501c3, c6, etc Charity raffles or any other types.

6. No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

7. You are not allowed to post anyone's personal information.This is something we take very serious, and may just ban you for it.

8. All above rules also apply to your avatar pic.

9. Threads, and Posts must be in the appropriate sections. Please NO spamming outside the appropriate sections, this also includesProfile, PM, and Tag Spamming. Moderators will move or delete it, and issue warning points. If there is no appropriate section for your thread or post that is unrelated to vaping e-cigs then more then likely it does not belong in the forum.

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh my god!!! Dont take this personally!!!! It is just my point of view , that is all :). Relax guys!!!! :)

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Actually nicotine is not the big evil that many think it is as studies have shown it has some health benefits. It's the other 3999 chemicals in cigarette smoke that's the poison.

Didn't want to over complicated by talking about nicotine's mildly addicting properties in both vapes and tobacco, compared to the alkaloids in tobacco that are highly addictive

Just hoping to help the OP see there is indeed a difference without being rude

Exactly!! Nicotine by itself is very comparable to something like caffeine found naturally in coffee. IIRC there's even studies where they've concluded the harm potential of vaping is about equal to that of drinking a few cups of caffeinated coffee every day. I can't speak for everyone, but I sure as hell know that i don't like drinking my coffee with cream, windex, and rat poison. ;)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have to be so unrespectfull? :S ... Anyway.. It is not worh it ..... By the way. . I am not trolling.. I just say my point of view, that is all. I respect everybody and I am tolerant .

I've been around long enough to know a troll when I see one and you my friend are trolling. Alright then, you've collected your tax, back under the bridge with you.

VU Sponsors