Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes should be promoted as a method of stopping smoking

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like the Brits once again are on the right trail, when it comes to vaping. These are the best parts:
  • Use policy interventions and fiscal measures to raise the cost of smoking and reduce the cost of e-cigarettes. Continue to increase taxes, smoke-free regulation and purchasing barriers for cigarettes but regulate the reduced risk product less heavily. For e-cigarettes, avoid taxation and 'vape-free' legislation and promote unrestricted advertising of factual information.
  • Regulate to promote product development -- allow e-cigarettes to further evolve and improve so they are safer, more appealing and satisfying for more smokers.
  • Invest in research to continue to explore the effects of e-cigarettes on smoking cessation and to determine which factors promote a successful transition.
And as for that last bit... which factors promote successful transition? FOR THE GOV'T TO GET ITS NOSE COMPLETELY OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!

Andria

ModularMist

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Our government (in the USA) has become increasingly more and more dependent on the money of gigantic industries. Every new presidential campaign breaks the record for most money spent in campaigning. The sad part? Those big industries also happen to be the ones most detrimental to the people (Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Big oil). In order to ensure their re-election, representatives must do everything in their power to appease their funders, which in this instance is to oppose the vaping industry.

Until the constituents (AKA: the people) unify around a common cause, nothing can be, and nothing will be done. It is a sad state of affairs indeed.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course vaping should be encouraged as a way to stop smoking.
But research into any side effects of vaping should continue.
It is NOT like breathing air and water vapor like some say.

But I like it :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Of course vaping should be encouraged as a way to stop smoking.
But research into any side effects of vaping should continue.
It is NOT like breathing air and water vapor like some say.

But I like it :)

I totally agree with you.

IMHO, Vaping is MUCH Better than smoking.

Still not as good as honest to God fresh air!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where does one find that?

I was wondering that too. I used to live about 50 miles from Atlanta, way out in cow country.... but y'know, highways. Diesel trucks and farm equipment. I guess you could call the cow shit smell after the fields are manured "fresh air," but it's not very damn pleasant to breathe.

I'm not sure I've breathed any fresh air since 1980, when I stood at the top of Estes Park, Colorado.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The air we breathe is billions of years old. Nothing fresh about it.

Well I guess it is recycled every several thousand years or so.
volcanoes puking into it long before man ever started his pollution.
And cows farting destroying the ozone layer and all.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately, they are being, stigmatized, taxed, and regulated like tobacco cigarettes.

My frustration with this and the vap
The air we breathe is billions of years old. Nothing fresh about it.

Well I guess it is recycled every several thousand years or so.
volcanoes puking into it long before man ever started his pollution.
And cows farting destroying the ozone layer and all.
The nitrogen and oxygen particles we breathe we're created around the same time as the elements that make up the rest of the Earth. Even the Sun lacks sufficient energy to fuse sub-atomic particles and hydrogen into any element heavier than helium so the nitrogen and oxygen particles are older than the Earth itself and new ones couldn't be formed unless the Earth was much hotter than the sun.

Not sure of any fissioning process that can create stable isotopes of either nitrogen or oxygen. Didn't want to mention Argon or trace gases.

Removing particles in the air that aren't naturally there is making cleaner but not fresher air. I don't know if hypergiant stars have enough energy to continuously fuse nitrogen and oxygen or only when they supernova. What a trip that would be just to get fresh air. Sagittarius A* is probably closer than any star that will supernova in our lifetime but damnit, it probably has too much energy to fuse anything into what we recognize as an atom.

Black holes and their event horizons getting in the way of fusing whatever elements we'd like. Otherwise, it would be an awesome 3-D printer. You start out with three tanks: protons, neutrons, and electrons and fusion print from there. You can even add anti-matter tanks to create more exotic particles or settle for just "fresh air".

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Where does one find that?

Beats the hell out of me!

I live in a rural area so not so bad as in a city.

That being said, the farmer about a mile to the south of me does raise some hog's so every so often, we do get a whiff of Hog Shit.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was wondering that too. I used to live about 50 miles from Atlanta, way out in cow country.... but y'know, highways. Diesel trucks and farm equipment. I guess you could call the cow shit smell after the fields are manured "fresh air," but it's not very damn pleasant to breathe.

I'm not sure I've breathed any fresh air since 1980, when I stood at the top of Estes Park, Colorado.

Andria

My lung capacity improved when I quit smoking, so now I can hike & breathe at the same time. lol
You can find crisp, fresh air on all the Colorado peaks: http://www.outtherecolorado.com/six-colorado-13ers-hike-summer/.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get perverse pleasure starting conversation with buff flatlanders - decades younger than myself - who are sucking air on the side of the trail. You do acclimate if you're here a while.
Yes you do I lived in Orygun for several years.
Every weekend that I could I was high up in the mountains.

Air is too thin to keep a cig burning unless you are sucking on it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get perverse pleasure starting conversation with buff flatlanders - decades younger than myself - who are sucking air on the side of the trail. You do acclimate if you're here a while.

Since I have asthma now, I don't think I could even visit Denver anymore. I've given some thought to maybe relocating to the southwest, because dry air is much kinder to the asthma than the humidity we have here, but I'm not sure where the elevation would suit me; maybe somewhere in AZ. Pretty sure NM is flat out of the question.

Andria

VU Sponsors