Become a Patron!

e cigs and flying

unregulatedvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im taking a flight next saturday and was curious if anyone knew 1: if i can take my unregulated box mod and batteries on the flight in my carry on, and 2: how much juice could i have in my carry on. I make my own juice and will be gone for 3 weeks and really dont want to have to buy juice from a b&m where I'm going. Does any one have experience with this or think TSA will have an issue with it

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All depends on the air port and the laws.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on how long the flight is, I carry either my Egrip, or my Egrip and a bigger mod with 2 or 3 bottles to drip with, as carry-ons. All the other bottles are in my checked-in suitcase. I've never had a problem going through security, especially since screeners are perfectly aware of what an e-cigarette is.

This said, I mostly fly in Europe. I'm not sure I'd feel that confident to fly into, out of, or within nazi America with more than a full Egrip and nothing else as carry-on..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Within the US you need to have anything with batteries in your carry on. I pack juice in my checked baggage with my toiletries. I've not had a problem with various mods - Reos, little ego batteries, egrips. In general TSA have seen it all before.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Depending on how long the flight is, I carry either my Egrip, or my Egrip and a bigger mod with 2 or 3 bottles to drip with, as carry-ons. All the other bottles are in my checked-in suitcase. I've never had a problem going through security, especially since screeners are perfectly aware of what an e-cigarette is.

This said, I mostly fly in Europe. I'm not sure I'd feel that confident to fly into, out of, or within nazi America with more than a full Egrip and nothing else as carry-on..
LMAO... Lots of good advice here ! . I will be on a trip soon . Thanks to all . I had the same questions .

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've carried and checked REOs full and empty and never a problem. As a precaution I separate them in different bags. As someone above said about the TSA has been educated on ecigs. I put my ejuice bottles in a quart bag on top of my carry on and never even a question.

If you are concerned with excess liquids carry a self-addressed envelope with stamps and they will let you mail it to yourself rather than have it confiscated.

Davect06607

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your bringing any rta's, place them in a seperated clear bag. They will leak from the pressure differential.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
No problems.

Just put your liquids into a quart bag. Last time I traveled by air I had like 4 mods in my carryon. No sweat!

But DO NOT put Li-ion batteries in your checked bag. Thats a big No-No!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put all my extra bottles in my checked bag with other liquid toiletries. Not that they are not allowed, which they are, but they just look like shampoos, lotions, etc., on x-ray, so won't get a second look...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problems.

Just put your liquids into a quart bag. Last time I traveled by air I had like 4 mods in my carryon. No sweat!

But DO NOT put Li-ion batteries in your checked bag. Thats a big No-No!
Can you have 1 in your mod though¿

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep you can. I think I had a total of four mods with me and at least two had a tank including the one in my pocket.

They really are familier with them at the TSA. But it never hurts to butter them up a bit and politly give them a heads up on your gear.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tell them as I am going through security I have e-cig gear...

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So i'm flying for my first time on Thursday, i plan on taking these things. Is there anything i won't be able to fly with? In my little tackle box i have the following:
5 10ml bottles of juice
1 15ml bottle of juice
1 tiny screwdriver
1 pair of ceramic tweezers
1 allen key

I haven't flown in about 7 years so i'm not so sure about what may or may not be allowed in reference to small tools. Everything is in the photo. Thanks for the informative thread!!
3c3dee5391bc4f44f1ceb2baf0d6ea59.jpg

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Take all of your bottles of E-Liquid and put those in a quart plastic bag along with your toilet items.

The rest of it they won't care about.

Also make sure that your mods and batteries go in your carryon bag. Not allowed to have batteries in your checked luggage.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just follow the rules and you won't have any problems. I pack several 60 ml bottles (2 ounces) and never have had a problem. I put 18650 batteries in battery cases and mods into my check baggage. All e-liquids go into quart zip lock baggies.

VU Sponsors