Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.philly.com/philly/health...Cigs_May_Help_Smokers_Quit__But__hellip_.html

"However, pulmonologist Dr. Louis De Palo said he's concerned e-cigarettes do too good of a job replacing traditional tobacco cigarettes.

"People don't get addicted to the other forms of nicotine replacement because they aren't fun," said De Palo. He's an associate professor of pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.

"Gum doesn't taste very good. The nose inhaler burns a little bit. The patches are irritating. And none of them give you the psychological satisfaction of holding something in your hand and smoking," he explained."

This fuckwad just explained WHY vaping works and considers it a bad thing!

What kind of half assed bullshit excuse to not like vaping is this?

"It works TOO GOOD"? - 5150

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.philly.com/philly/health...Cigs_May_Help_Smokers_Quit__But__hellip_.html

"However, pulmonologist Dr. Louis De Palo said he's concerned e-cigarettes do too good of a job replacing traditional tobacco cigarettes.

"People don't get addicted to the other forms of nicotine replacement because they aren't fun," said De Palo. He's an associate professor of pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.

"Gum doesn't taste very good. The nose inhaler burns a little bit. The patches are irritating. And none of them give you the psychological satisfaction of holding something in your hand and smoking," he explained."

This actually made me chuckle an get angry both at the same time!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would file this under "the good". This is a big step forward from the delusional propaganda we have seen in the past. THEY WORK is my take away from this.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Several things here - without having actually read the whole thing....

First, ANTZ firmly believe smokers need to suffer for the sin of being addicted to tobacco - it's like they have a built in need to see tobacco users be punished while actively smoking and during the withdrawal process. Think it feeds some kind of innate fragility of their ego or threatens their sense of superiority if smokers quit without some kind of torture involved

It's fuckers like this that make me realize I was seriously cheated by the medical and anti-tobacco community years before vaping came on the scene, when I fell for their line that smokeless tobacco is just as dangerous as combustible tobacco

At one time, I seriously looked at chewing tobacco as a substitute for smoking, and a doctor talked me out of it :headbang:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, I'd venture a guess that Dr. Louis De Palo owns some tobacco stock, or BP stock. Because only a totally corrupt idiot would complain that vaping is "too effective."

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure who is stupider, the person who said this or the paper for printing it.
It's "philly-dot-com" -- the same lame people who publish the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Daily News -- what were you expecting? As someone who's lived most of his life in the Philly area, I still lament the passing of the Philadelphia Bulletin back in the 1980s.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
meanwhile you can buy a dozen different FDA approved pills that will cure your acid reflux...but whose side effects will make your dick fall off ,cause baldness, or blindness...

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
meanwhile you can buy a dozen different FDA approved pills that will cure your acid reflux...but whose side effects will make your dick fall off ,cause baldness, or blindness...
How do you go blind if your dick has fallen off? o_O

VU Sponsors